Chances of securing 2nd?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, BlueAvenger said:

Sorry Bears it's third for me.

It will be very difficult but we have an outside chance of finishing second.

I suspect Lawwell's SPFL will throw up some difficult away fixtures after the split......!!

I do agree because it's not in our control. Even if we win both matches against Aberdeen they still need to drop a further three points - unless we also outscore them by 20 goals over the remaining matches. We do seem to be coming onto a game though. G.M deserves much of the praise for that but Caixhina seems to have them playing in a way and in a formation that works for the players we have.

Nah. Too late now. 

Realistically we'd need seven wins out of remaining 9 (That includes two games against Cellic and two games against Aberdeen)

And then we'd need Aberdeen to win only four or less from their 9 to overtake them.

31 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Fair play that's a good shout mate, but when you look at the last few games before the hearts at the weekend  - 

1-0 win at home against Motherwell (92nd min winner :facepalm:)

1-0 win against thistle

Beaten 1-0 off Hamilton

1-0 win against Ross county

2-1 win against Kilmarnock (85th min winner)

They've been scraping these games against bottom end teams and they've still got a few dodgy games before the split.

Am I misguided? Possibly. Am I optimistic? Definitely! 

We have every right to be optimistic especially given the new managers first impressions, but it's still a big ask especially given we haven't scored slot of goals or kept a lot of clean sheets.   Win the next four before the split and it could look a lot better but in our current position I'd take given the shite we've had to put up with this season then I'd grudgingly accept 3rd and the Scottish cup

9 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

We have every right to be optimistic especially given the new managers first impressions, but it's still a big ask especially given we haven't scored slot of goals or kept a lot of clean sheets.   Win the next four before the split and it could look a lot better but in our current position I'd take given the shite we've had to put up with this season then I'd grudgingly accept 3rd and the Scottish cup

Grudgingly ?

We'd all have ecstatically accepteg 3rd and the Scottish Cup a month ago, especially as it meant beating the tims in the semi.

38 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Nah. Too late now. 

Realistically we'd need seven wins out of remaining 9 (That includes two games against Cellic and two games against Aberdeen)

And then we'd need Aberdeen to win only four or less from their 9 to overtake them.

Only play the taigs once more.

4 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Need to beat them twice, which will be tough.

I also have a feeling that the SFA are going to do us over this season and send us to Pittodrie three times in the season.

Good. Then its in our hands.. we will beat them. We have been unlucky against them so far.

5 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Said it already win every game between now and the end of the season. 

I'm in. I also think we'll win every match, SC cementing Pedro's arrival. 

No reason why not.

It's doable, but only if Pedro manages to sort out the squad's mental softness when playing away from home.

Given how poor we were this season under the snake, finishing second and winning the Scottish Cup would be almost too good to be true. Would give the manager and the players (the ones that survive the summer cull anyway) a huge boost going into next season too. 

I genuinely believe it's achievable.

Sheep are 8 points clear,  their next 2 games - Dundee away, then Cally Thistle at home. 

They teams might mean fuck all to us, but to them it's all that New Firm/highland Derby pish - Dundee in particular.

Our next 2 games are Motherwell at home, Kilmarnock away. After that we play the sheep at Ibrox.

Game on. 

6 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Need to beat them twice, which will be tough.

I also have a feeling that the SFA are going to do us over this season and send us to Pittodrie three times in the season.

Doesn't work like that, if it did we could end up going back to Parkhead for a third time. 

1 hour ago, Craiggybear said:

I genuinely believe it's achievable.

Sheep are 8 points clear,  their next 2 games - Dundee away, then Cally Thistle at home. 

They teams might mean fuck all to us, but to them it's all that New Firm/highland Derby pish - Dundee in particular.

Our next 2 games are Motherwell at home, Kilmarnock away. After that we play the sheep at Ibrox.

Game on. 

Dundee United.

Pittodrie. 

1 hour ago, loyalfollower said:

3rd place behind the sheep for the first time since when? 86?87?

it is embarrassing 

There's no way of getting around it really. We've too much to do imo. It's the cards we've been dealt and if it happens we accept it and move on. 

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Dundee United.

Pittodrie. 

Ah fuck meant to say Pittodrie. it's been a long day :confused:

But with regards to Dundee, with United not in the league they'll be treating that game as a derby. Between that and the Friday night kick off I can see the sheep struggling.