standing section

bomber

49 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Would a standing section increase the capacity, or would it just be the same because it's "safe" standing?

47 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Would be the exact same.

Then realistically it would cost us ST due to the low roof height at the rear of the enclosures.

There's something like 5 or 6 rows which wouldn't have a view due if they and folk were standing. Yet only space for one or two rows more at the front and even those are essential for our supporters with disabilities.

I get why folk are saying the enclosures but it's not the same as previously and is probably the worst area to have it.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

How can it be the enclosure when ticket renewals are out? 

Same goes for rest of the stadium.

This is what I was wondering. Surely it would need to be agreed during a season with fans in the area where they want to try it to be ready for a summer installation.

It seems it might be shite anyway, but I cannot see how we can afford it. All cash needs to got to Pedro for new players IMO. 

11 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Looks like the 'open' corners are what are being mentioned and not the current seated corners.

I'll sit down again.

As in the ones beside the Main Stand? Couldn't be done in any realistic way.

Is it just me, or does anyone else not really care about this? I wouldn't want to stand at games, the plan reeks of 'keeping up with the tarriers' and I'd rather the money was spent elsewhere in the stadium or on the team. Sorry for being a torn faced cunt in advance.

2 minutes ago, FSM said:

Is it just me, or does anyone else not really care about this? I don't really care much for standing, the plan reeks of 'keeping up with the tarriers' and I'd rather the money was spent elsewhere in the stadium or on the team. Sorry for being a torn faced cunt in advance.

I'm not overly fussed either. The money could be put to better use. I can't really remember terracing, although something is telling me I went to a game in the 80s and there was an orange brick wall in front of me separating us from the pitch.

Might have been an away game. 

3 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

I'm not overly fussed either. The money could be put to better use. I can't really remember terracing, although something is telling me I went to a game in the 80s and there was an orange brick wall in front of me separating us from the pitch.

It's not terracing though mate. 

2 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

My old man used to often take me to juniors games where it was obviously all standing. I hated it.

6 minutes ago, FSM said:

Is it just me, or does anyone else not really care about this? I don't really care much for standing, the plan reeks of 'keeping up with the tarriers' and I'd rather the money was spent elsewhere in the stadium or on the team. Sorry for being a torn faced cunt in advance.

I'd jump at the glance, I'm sure thousands would aswell. 

Not a priority and I wouldn't want to be in one myself obviously, but a standing section is a must long term. I'm talking about a place where the more rustic elements of our fanbase, the flat cap wearing working classes, could better make themselves heard. Standing areas seem to tend to encourage a bit of atmosphere.