The Bigger Picture. How The Fuck Do We Stop This Rot ?

tannerall

7 hours ago, Vanoli said:

We're living through history right now. Our club is in the process of decline that ends in utter irrelevancy. It's happened to several massive clubs before, it's happening to us now.

Forget 2012 and before, we've made wrong decision after wrong decision at every turn since. Find one objective, non-bias person that can honestly say it's only a matter of time until we're back on top; or that Celtic won't do 10 in a row; or that we're even on the right track towards genuinely threatening them. You can't, because there aren't any. 

We're well and truly fighting against the tide right now - a couple more wrong moves and we can forget stopping 10 in a row, we'll be fighting to win 55 before they bastards do. Make no mistake about it, the way things are and the way there headed on current projection - they cunts will be an undeniably bigger club than us within 10 years. That's what's at stake - not just a few titles, or hyped up mythical landmarks like domestic trebles and 10 in a row - absolutely fucking everything is on the line in the next 5-10 years, our clubs dominance is very much in jeopardy and we have to find a way to reverse history. 

As others have said, how do we do it ? Investment. Where from is our number one problem. We're in an utterly desperate position, and most worringly is it seems we're just hoping things will work out for us at this point. 

That's depressing reading, the most depressing thing is that it's true. Unless something happens now we'll just keep falling. Fuck sake that's put me in a cunt of a mood. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, DennyBlueNose said:

I see your point and I think it worth exploring but you can't just rule them out because they don't play international football.

Sinclair who is one of their best players wouldn't get near England's national team but he still strolls it in our shitty league. 

To be fair, he has caps at all the 'unders' levels, so he was on the radar.

10 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

So did Garner, means fuck all. 

Didn't get as far up the ladder as Sinclair.

They realised he was rotten by the time he was 19.

Garner's proving them right, Sinclair is proving he was worth another look or two.

When it's put like that, it kind of proves my point.

16 hours ago, DennyBlueNose said:

The key thing is money, all those clubs have revenue streams we can only dream of. 

Even in bundesliga 2 they still earned significantly more (5x approx) than any team in our league including the scum. 

Its just not a comparison you can make, we are capable of making far more than the rest of the shite in the league. It would be like a alloa athletic or raith rovers competing with us. 

Well, I think you can compare Salzburg to Rangers

OK - there is backing from Red Bull - but the austrian league is a laughing stock and Salzburg (with Red Bull money) never qualified for Champions League football. All of their youth transfered to RB Leipzig...

We need front end investment. To increase our turnover, we need access to the CL and to bring players in then move on at a profit. To get access to the CL, we need to over haul Celtic. To do that we need a much more talented squad. To assemble this squad will cost millions. Speculate to accumulate.

About 20mil spent wisely should help stop the rot.  That's just for starters, we need to be rid of the retail deal with Ashley,  a board who are willing to invest, this leads us to be an attractive place to work for players and managers alike.  Then we recruit a DOF and a manager who 'has it'.  

Gio for example as manager and Nerlinger as DOF.

20 hours ago, Vanoli said:

We're living through history right now. Our club is in the process of decline that ends in utter irrelevancy. It's happened to several massive clubs before, it's happening to us now.

Forget 2012 and before, we've made wrong decision after wrong decision at every turn since. Find one objective, non-bias person that can honestly say it's only a matter of time until we're back on top; or that Celtic won't do 10 in a row; or that we're even on the right track towards genuinely threatening them. You can't, because there aren't any. 

We're well and truly fighting against the tide right now - a couple more wrong moves and we can forget stopping 10 in a row, we'll be fighting to win 55 before they bastards do. Make no mistake about it, the way things are and the way there headed on current projection - they cunts will be an undeniably bigger club than us within 10 years. That's what's at stake - not just a few titles, or hyped up mythical landmarks like domestic trebles and 10 in a row - absolutely fucking everything is on the line in the next 5-10 years, our clubs dominance is very much in jeopardy and we have to find a way to reverse history. 

As others have said, how do we do it ? Investment. Where from is our number one problem. We're in an utterly desperate position, and most worringly is it seems we're just hoping things will work out for us at this point. 

Sadly, one of the most accurate posts I've ever read on RangersMedia.

Since we're not going to get 10's of millions to invest it's important we spent wisely with the money we have.

I think 3 or 4 quality players could transform our team. Look at our opposition yesterday. Going nowhere last season added a couple of good player, and a half decent manager and they've turned it around.

If we can get a budget of 5m and maybe add to it by selling some of the dead wood. Bring in a quality Centre Half, defensive midfielder, winger and centre forward and we could have a decent team.

20 hours ago, Vanoli said:

An unfortunately excellent post. 

We are going the way of Leeds Utd and backing a board we don't trust through blind loyalty hoping that King will eventually keep one of his many promises and put cash into the club. I have no idea how we get out of this hole we are in but backing King with more season ticket money is lunacy. We are on borrowed time and 10 in a row for the paedos is the least of our problems 

That's the scary thing. Without investment we are fkd.

The "Mind the Gap" banner yesterday was cute but let's face it without investment in 7 years they'll have overtook our most successful club in the world status we currently have and it'll be them brandishing the mind the gap banner. 

I hope to Christ that someone invests soon but even if we have the money does Pedro have what it takes to get us winning? Hand in heart I don't think he has :huh:

22 hours ago, Vanoli said:

Just saw this. I said more or less the same thing (after you)! It's scary days for us as we are there for the taking from every team. Yesterday, as an example, was the first time in 93 years that they had beat us at hampden in a semi final. Dundee and Hibs are other examples record thrown away because of our incompetent team. We, the fans, seem to be the only that care about this. The team certainly don't and the Board don't appear to.

10 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Just saw this. I said more or less the same thing (after you)! It's scary days for us as we are there for the taking from every team. Yesterday, as an example, was the first time in 93 years that they had beat us at hampden in a semi final. Dundee and Hibs are other examples record thrown away because of our incompetent team. We, the fans, seem to be the only that care about this. The team certainly don't and the Board don't appear to.

The board can do nothing without money and the quality of manager and players reflects that, Even finding 20 million for players would be a gamble as we would be breaking our necks to get it and couldn't afford to buy in another load of crap, that would be an even worse situation than we are in now.

We need a wealthy owner who can afford to lose 20 million, at the moment we can't.

17 hours ago, HG5 said:

Didn't get as far up the ladder as Sinclair.

They realised he was rotten by the time he was 19.

Garner's proving them right, Sinclair is proving he was worth another look or two.

When it's put like that, it kind of proves my point.

I see your point, had more in him than Garner ever did but I doubt he'll ever be near the national squad again especially while playing in Scotland.

I think what that proves is that the quality of player needed to succeed in this league isn't that high, I would like to see us go after some of the relegated EPL team's players, for example some of Sunderland's fringe players would walk into our team and actually they would significantly improve the quality of the squad.

38 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

I see your point, had more in him than Garner ever did but I doubt he'll ever be near the national squad again especially while playing in Scotland.

I think what that proves is that the quality of player needed to succeed in this league isn't that high, I would like to see us go after some of the relegated EPL team's players, for example some of Sunderland's fringe players would walk into our team and actually they would significantly improve the quality of the squad.

Yes, I agree his chance has come & gone.

I'm sure there are a few players at the lower end of the EPL that could do us a turn.

Cost is, obviously, a concern, in terms of fees & wages, but I'm sure we must be able to do better on the loans front.

We seem to be frittering around with the 'promising kids' type, when there must be guys around who are solid & hardened enough to give us the backbone we need.

7 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Yes, I agree his chance has come & gone.

I'm sure there are a few players at the lower end of the EPL that could do us a turn.

Cost is, obviously, a concern, in terms of fees & wages, but I'm sure we must be able to do better on the loans front.

We seem to be frittering around with the 'promising kids' type, when there must be guys around who are solid & hardened enough to give us the backbone we need.

Definitely a concern but can be overcome, the little money that's there needs to be spent wisely and this mantra of buying 'emerging talent' hasn't worked. 

As you said we need some solid players to strengthen us a bit, players that won't be pushed around like the ones we have just now. 

I still think there's talent in our squad that can be realised if there's stronger spine. Players like Holt, McKay and Tav can flourish in a better team, not based on recent performances mind you but they've given us flashes of brilliance in the past. 

£

King needs to invest money. Or some other fucking cunt. Our players are shite. Until that happens we will need to accept that we are a fucking diddy team. I won't be renewing my ST. go fuck yourself king if you think we're gonna foot the bill. Now I don't mind buying a season ticket but i'm not a fucking muppet. A little give and take will go a long way. Can't rely on the fans 100% to fund the club outside fucking loans

Money is only the start. It's difficult to say it without getting raging, but the mhanky are miles ahead of us in several areas.

I know that sounds tarrier esque but it's the truth.

They have guys working for them who are ruthless, smart and care about there bheast club.

We have no DoF and guys who if they were speaking in my front garden I'd shut the curtains. Nobody in our exec team seem to have a fucking clue what it takes to be at Rangers.

We don't need to invest massively, we need to invest properly.

We have mostly done well bringing players in who maybe aren't world beaters, but they have the right attitude and enough ability.

In no particular order.

Boyd

Rod Wallace

Novo

Latapy

Cannigia

Weir

Naismith

Mccann.

Prso

Rae

That was just off the top of my head. None were a massive outlay and all added something to us as a team and squad 

These players are out there and they don't cost millions.

It's about being able to handle what it takes.

You can't necessarily buy that. You need to find players who are motivated by winning titles.

No point in bandying about figures, it's not what we spend next but how we spend it.

Pedro needs to be the best bargain basement talent shopper football has ever seen. We need to find some substantial, solid defenders, legs and craft in midfield and a couple of goal hungry beasts up front.

Failing that, one of us has to win big on the Euromillions and blow it all on decent professionals.

A lot more money certainly helps, and is the biggest thing that is needed to create the best opportunity to win 55 quickly.   If King and the current Board can find a very much bigger amount of money for a transfer fund then I'd be amazed.  I think they are at the upper levels of their ability or willingness to invest in a transfer fund.   Its down to whatever funds are raised in ST sales and from selling players (and selling is not something we seem able to do these days).

If this continues then at some point in time quite soon the pressure would intensify on King and the Board.   They'd be seen as too financially weak for the job and for the responsibility.  Sure they've helped keep the ship afloat these last few years and put some soft loans in.   But its really just treading water and hoping.  Hoping that somehow the Ashley problems are brought to an end and that more money can be raised from commercials or from more shares being offered.   Hope more than difference-making action though.   They would surely have to be persuaded to test the market to see if there are any other prospective investors or buyers for the Club.   The risk they run is the risk that enough of the Support blame them big-time for a failure to win 55 quickly.    That blame may become far more likely the closer we get to 150 without winning the title. 

Pedro will have to show he is a leader and motivator with enough plans and ways of working to make a far far stronger challenge tor the title next season.   That means changes to the first team squad to bring in players who have more of a mentality of burning desire to win and who are way more able to compete as a Rangers team should.  The right sort of drive and leadership from Pedro is the first thing that needs to take effect - assuming Pedro has this in his locker and assuming he has the confidence to give it his very best shot.  

The other thing is the league may be stronger next season.    The other lot will invest to improve their squad but that does not make them unbeatable or uncatchable.  It is also up to other teams to up their game in the same way we need to up our game.    But for us I believe Pedro needs to forge a defence that defends consistently well.    Clearly the midfield will be revamped with loans for Hyndman and Toral ending.  And strikers who cannot score goals need to be replaced with strikers who score a lot more goals.   There is a lot for Pedro to do.  Defending better and scoring a lot more goals are a priority so that more games are won.  

Next season it would be good to be in contention for the title in March / April.  If that sort of momentum can be achieved then who knows what can happen.    A good start to the season is essential, and then momentum built from there.    I hope Pedro has a few decent players in mind to bring in.   And with it, a hope that he's being given enough money to get the players he identifies are needed.    

I think we have to be very patient and give the manager time to introduce his blueprint for success next year.We have done not bad this year so far, third place in the league guaranteed, reached Cup Semi and we have the chance of ending their unbeaten run on Saturday. It's all about next year guys, don't get too impatient, this has been a good year.A sense of perspective and confidence is needed I feel.