If you were Halliday...

Barca-Bear

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Halliday- for me too much too soon too easy. Barry Fergson nailed it for me when he highlighted the way that kids are now treated as super stars before they have earned their spurs. The old fashioned apprenticeship/ boot room is now replaced with large wads of cash and fast cars. If AH wants to be remembered as a Rangers Legend  he needs to try to forget the trappings and put himself through the mill. He has a long way to go, but can start this weekend. I wish him every success whilst he still has the opportunity to demonstrate his true worth.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

It's a good question tbh and something I've wondered myself.

Part of me thinks why should I give up chasing the dream, playing for the club I love and making good money - if it were me.

Why would a player go the manager or board and say just end it all?

It's OK for us saying it when we aren't in that position. Halliday is.

If I was Halliday I think I'd be more inclined to knuckle down, learn how to tackle and pass a ball forward. He can't do the simplest things. If I was in his privliged position I'd be working extra hours at Auchenhowie and doing everything I could to get better. 

His formative years in football are for that. He's a lost cause. 

If I were Halliday I'd continue with the 'rangers man' tag, getting payed more than I will elsewhere as I'm pish and run down my deal.

.....i would need dragged out of Auchenhowie every single night. Extra work on my touch, on my passing, on my dead ball ability, on my reactions, on my strength, on my pace, everything. I would embrace and appreciate every single minute of being a Rangers player and put absolutely everything my body could physically and mentally put into making myself a better player and good enough to keep my place in the team.

Sadly the contract itself is enough for players these days. 

18 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

The strange thing is, their is a footballer in him. After the Barton thing he simply walked through matches with a ferguson look about him. Simply hasn't played up to that recently which is a shame.

I think he seemed to develop a "Billy big baws" mentality for a while after that episode tbh thinking he was untouchable.

Rumour

25 Apr 2017 19:15:14
My next door neighbour works at Auchenhowie and has been very reliable with passing information to me over the years - for the record, he made me aware of the Barton interest last year after faxing information to/ from Burnley and Auchenhowie and also setting up the logistical side for Pedro's interviews. 

He tells me Pedro has regularly met his backroom staff and JJ (JJ recently claimed expenses for travel to Preston and a match ticket v Norwich - presumed to watch Dorrans) over the past week to talk over certain players' futures, with meetings commenced just prior to the semi final. 

Senderos/ Kiernan/ Forrester/ MOH have all been told they are free to leave or being released. Granted some have been injured or gone AWOL, Pedro has made his mind up. They have all been seen going into his office privately in the past week. Given their lack of playing time under Pedro and MW, and Senderos's wage, they will leave. Toral and Hyndman will return to their parent clubs. 

Tav/ Hill/ Garner/ Halliday/ Windass/ Hodson and Waghorn are playing for their futures and have been told this apparently, all being seen arriving for training earlier today than the rest of the players and heading straight for Pedro's office (this may also have been to either look back at Sunday or preview tactics, my friend is unsure over this, but given they have regularly featured under Pedro - minus Hill and Hodson due to injury - Pedro is waiting to see what they can offer) . 

Wes/ Holt/ Wilson/ Wallace/ Dodoo/ Alnwick to be kept. Miller will be offered a new deal, with coaching the 20s with Murty available if he desires. Pedro has been impressed with him despite initially wanting to move him on due to age at the beginning of his tenure. McKay's future is subject to the contract situation. 

Beerman and Bates to remain, and more youngsters are soon to be integrated, notably Aidan Wilson, Serge Atakayi and Ross Lyon impressing over recent weeks in training and with the 20s. It is believed JJ and Atakayi's Finnish connection will aid the transition. I stress here with the youngsters, Faxes have been going back/ forth with Chelsea (Gilmour? ) akin to the Barton point I highlighted at the start. 

Lastly, Pedro will allow preseason to rule over the likes of Niko and Rossiter, as well as looking at the other players out on loan at the moment: Liam Kelly, Matt Crooks, Jordan Thomson and Ryan Hardie.
ClydebankBlue http://rangersrumours.co.uk/

1 hour ago, ricksen_da_best said:

The strange thing is, their is a footballer in him. After the Barton thing he simply walked through matches with a ferguson look about him. Simply hasn't played up to that recently which is a shame.

Tbf i only remember him doing that in one game following that, then looking fuckin shite again

The hatred for Halliday on this forum defines our club's mentality at the moment.

I wholeheartedly agree that describing his form as under-par is being extremely generous and I blame him for failing to track McGregor on Saturday, but Jesus fucking Christ, a topic suggesting that he should pack it in? Met with "great question"?!

I think I might pack it in, this forum.

Obviously a player everyone wants to see do well so if I was him I'd be doing everything possible to prove to the new manager that I should still be here next year. 

I certainly wouldn't be saying I'm shite I shouldn't be here. I'd be surprised if any player was to do that regardless of how they feel about the club. Halliday has bills to pay like everyone else. 

23 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

The hatred for Halliday on this forum defines our club's mentality at the moment.

I wholeheartedly agree that describing his form as under-par is being extremely generous and I blame him for failing to track McGregor on Saturday, but Jesus fucking Christ, a topic suggesting that he should pack it in? Met with "great question"?!

I think I might pack it in, this forum.

Theres not one "hate" comment on this topic. Not one. 

Also the question asked by the OP is "and soon realised you were not up to the standard, would yous walk away to allow the club to progress, or hold on for as long as possible trying to get as much appearences for the club of your dreams?" the OP doesnt mention "pack it in". The first response is "good question"

And I think it is a decent post from the OP and a decent question that is being treated fairly by the people responding.

If you want to pack in the forum because you cant read whats posted then wire in.

4 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'd stay and hope a manager gave me a crack in my best position (whatever that is).

I'd be loathe to give up on the dream, the money, living here etc.

Especially if the alternative is England's 2nd or 3rd tier.

Undoubtedly his best position would be Broxi Bear that falls down and rolls about all day. 

26 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Theres not one "hate" comment on this topic. Not one. 

Also the question asked by the OP is "and soon realised you were not up to the standard, would yous walk away to allow the club to progress, or hold on for as long as possible trying to get as much appearences for the club of your dreams?" the OP doesnt mention "pack it in". The first response is "good question"

And I think it is a decent post from the OP and a decent question that is being treated fairly by the people responding.

If you want to pack in the forum because you cant read whats posted then wire in.

Hatred, dislike, disdain, whatever. Let's not get lost in a choice of words when the overall point remains clear.

Regardless, I completely and utterly disagree with your post.

For the OP to suggest that there is the possibility for us to wake-up to the news that Andy Halliday has walked away from Rangers isn't just delusional, it's laughable. It has never happened and will never happen.

Just now, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Hatred, dislike, disdain, whatever. Let's not get lost in a choice of words when the overall point remains clear.

Regardless, I completely and utterly disagree with your post.

For the OP to suggest that there is the possibility for us to wake-up to the news that Andy Halliday has walked away from Rangers isn't just delusional, it's laughable. It has never happened and will never happen.

Theres barely any dislike/disdain either on this topic (though in some others I agree it goes overboard - but we are not talking about other topics we are talking about this one) - in fact more than a few sympathise with his predicament. 

And the OP is not asking halliday , he is asking us what we would do in this situation. Its a hypothetical question. I for one would hate to be a Rangers player and one day wake up and find out I wasnt good enough anymore -  and the question certainly taps into that emotion for me.

10 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Theres barely any dislike/disdain either on this topic (though in some others I agree it goes overboard - but we are not talking about other topics we are talking about this one) - in fact more than a few sympathise with his predicament. 

And the OP is not asking halliday , he is asking us what we would do in this situation. Its a hypothetical question. I for one would hate to be a Rangers player and one day wake up and find out I wasnt good enough anymore -  and the question certainly taps into that emotion for me.

No, we're not. You might be, but I'm not and I'm the one you quoted when I referred to "this forum's" hatred, dislike, disdain, etc., who gives a fuck, for Andy Halliday. Don't give it, "we're talking about this one".

I'm not sure if you're winding me up or if you're in too deep, so need to go with it, but that last paragraph - are you trying to persuade me or yourself?

I don't even know what to say to you anymore.

If I'm to answer the OP's question, then I'd say of course I wouldn't walk and don't be so fucking stupid. For a start, I'm in contract and earning more money than a boy of my background could ever dream of. I'm playing for the club I claim to love and I'm classed as one of the senior players. I'm out of form, but by fuck I'm not the only one and if I 'phoned my agent to tell him "listen, can you get my contract terminated?", he'd check me into Carstairs.

Mental wean talk.

2 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

No, we're not. You might be, but I'm not and I'm the one you quoted when I referred to "this forum's" hatred, dislike, disdain, etc., who gives a fuck, for Andy Halliday. Don't give it, "we're talking about this one".

I'm not sure if you're winding me up or if you're in too deep, so need to go with it, but that last paragraph - are you trying to persuade me or yourself?

I don't even know what to say to you anymore.

If I'm to answer the OP's question, then I'd say of course I wouldn't walk and don't be so fucking stupid. For a start, I'm in contract and earning more money than a boy of my background could ever dream of. I'm playing for the club I claim to love and I'm classed as one of the senior players. I'm out of form, but by fuck I'm not the only one and if I 'phoned my agent to tell him "listen, can you get my contract terminated?", he'd check me into Carstairs.

Mental wean talk.

he should just hold then and "for as long as possible trying to get as much appearences for the club of your dreams" eh? ffs