Gascoigne

Don81

3 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Dunno if this is legit but apparently he did this in a friendly or legends match vs the scum :lol:

He was one of if not the greatest player to ever play in Scotland, I'll always cherish my memories of him and the fact he signed for us just proved how big a Club we were as he  probably could have went anywhere he wanted 

ActionGazza37.jpg

Beardsley's testimonial, a think mate. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Dunno if this is legit but apparently he did this in a friendly or legends match vs the scum :lol:

He was one of if not the greatest player to ever play in Scotland, I'll always cherish my memories of him and the fact he signed for us just proved how big a Club we were as he  probably could have went anywhere he wanted 

ActionGazza37.jpg

Correct mate, had his choice to play anywhere in the world at that time, but a chance meeting with Walter in Florida whilst on holiday, proved to be one of the greatest chances of luck we could have wished for. Walter delivered what he offered the guy and Gazza to this day loves and respects him, one of his favourite after dinner memories of football was his first Christmas dinner round the smiths house, not sure if Walters wife remembers it as fondly ?

2 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

ActionGazza37.jpg

it's legit in a sense, it was Beardsley's testimonial but it was way back in 1999 when we were on 47 Titles so I'm unsure of the relevance of the gesture but it I seriously doubt it had anything to do with us.

9 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

it's legit in a sense, it was Beardsley's testimonial but it was way back in 1999 when we were on 47 Titles so I'm unsure of the relevance of the gesture but it I seriously doubt it had anything to do with us.

Pretty sure he's showing 9 fingers for 9 in a row! ?

Every time someone starts a thread titled 'Gascoigne' I fear the worst. Good to see him well.

For me Laudrup  was the best footballer  I've seen for us, but Gazza and his flawed but irresistible personality....  - against Aberdeen gave me one of the best days I've ever had supporting Rangers, a one man wrecking machine. 

15 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

:lol: 

15 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

It's against the scum and he's showing them 9 fingers so I think that's the relevance...

10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Every time someone starts a thread titled 'Gascoigne' I fear the worst. Good to see him well.

For me Laudrup  was the best footballer  I've seen for us, but Gazza and his flawed but irresistible personality....  - against Aberdeen gave me one of the best days I've ever had supporting Rangers, a one man wrecking machine. 

Me too I must admit, hard to argue which of the two was better, as Brian gave us so many magic moments, for me it's Gazza just for the pure fact he done the unexpected and made it look simple, pure genius quality, but the fact we got to see them both in the same team is a memory that I'll treasure forever, and a midfield not one team in Europe could honestly say that had better at that point. It was amazing watching teams try and put 2/3 players on Laudrup only for Gazza to run riot or the exact same in revers. Teams had no answer to it 

My pride and joy in all my Rangers memorabilia is a picture of Gazza playing the flute signed by the great man himself, authenticated and cost a few quid but worth it, been trying to post a picture on here for about half hour but don't know how to do it on the iPhone in a drunken state lol 

2 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Correct mate, had his choice to play anywhere in the world at that time, but a chance meeting with Walter in Florida whilst on holiday, proved to be one of the greatest chances of luck we could have wished for. Walter delivered what he offered the guy and Gazza to this day loves and respects him, one of his favourite after dinner memories of football was his first Christmas dinner round the smiths house, not sure if Walters wife remembers it as fondly ?

I'm sure I've seen a video of him discussing this. It's kinda sad cause you can tell he's got a low self esteem and was genuinely touched by Walter inviting him for Xmas dinner. Things like that make you proud to be a bear 

6 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

My pride and joy in all my Rangers memorabilia is a picture of Gazza playing the flute signed by the great man himself, authenticated and cost a few quid but worth it, been trying to post a picture on here for about half hour but don't know how to do it on the iPhone in a drunken state lol 

Probably quicker printing it off sending it through the post, I am rubbish at all that.

My daughters despair at my inability to take in what they show me on board, every three months I have to send/import/export? bank statements to our accountant, it does not matter how often they explain it I just glaze over and give them a tenner to do it.

21 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Me too I must admit, hard to argue which of the two was better, as Brian gave us so many magic moments, for me it's Gazza just for the pure fact he done the unexpected and made it look simple, pure genius quality, but the fact we got to see them both in the same team is a memory that I'll treasure forever, and a midfield not one team in Europe could honestly say that had better at that point. It was amazing watching teams try and put 2/3 players on Laudrup only for Gazza to run riot or the exact same in revers. Teams had no answer to it 

You know something, for me it's Laudrup for one very valid, single reason. Laudrup still turns up at the stadium regularly, plays in legends games, does the h/t draw (gazza didnt trap for one of them) and does other media/charity activities.

Gazza? Only when his book was out did he come up here. Wrankles with me that does........

On 5/29/2017 at 2:06 AM, Virtuoso said:

One Night in Turin is also worth a watch.

On Netflix.

Sadly, that night in Turin would be the last time that Paul John Gascoigne would grace a World Cup match, aged just 23 he would never again appear for England on the highest stage.

30 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

You know something, for me it's Laudrup for one very valid, single reason. Laudrup still turns up at the stadium regularly, plays in legends games, does the h/t draw (gazza didnt trap for one of them) and does other media/charity activities.

Gazza? Only when his book was out did he come up here. Wrankles with me that does........

I'm sure he done a HT draw in our admin season. Don't think he is ever really in the right state to play football either.

Don't think he particularly wants to be at football tbf, turned down going to WHL for the Yids' last game.

On 15/07/2017 at 10:39 PM, 1690tamRFC said:

Not only that, but other teams tried to hijack the transfer, and Gazza wouldn't listen to the offers his agent had in front of him - as he'd already given Walter his word. 

It's disgusting what the media did to him. His stepdaughter played on his surname, but they pretty much destroyed any relationship he had with her and his other children; he thought they were the source of the leaks to the press, which worsened his mental state, and he didn't trust the kids when they tried to get him help. The Record can fuck off with their obvious biases, but the Newscorp papers like The Sun aren't any better. 

• 2 weeks later...

Gazza is my favourite player of all time and I could not wait to meet him a couple of year ago in Motherwell at his audience with gazza. The whole event was a bit of a joke to be honest and not very well set up. We had paid extra for a meet and greet VIP package but all it became was a 2 second picture and then the next person was in straight behind you.   It was like a big processing line quick picture , next!! We had taken old Rangers tops to be signed and stuff and his people would not let anything other than 1 picture to be taken by there event team. Shame as we had all really looked forward to seeing him but the event for me was only disappointment.

hope the new event will be set up better for fans sake as the last one was rotten.