*** Last chance to donate to Hollybush House (Combat Stress) Recreation Fund!!!

govanblue

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2017-6-6 at 10:56 AM, Falcoholic said:

Forgive me if I don't donate here but I will be attending this event as part of the "Ride In" as I do every year.

I also organise charity events at my lodge social club of which Combat Stress at Hollybush house benefit greatly.

If you are writing them a cheque make sure you make it out to Hollybush House and not Combat Stress as it is unlikely they will see any of the money directly.

Well done to all the folks who have donated so far and as always, GB you da man :UK:

What time are you guys riding in be good to see and thank you from someone who has spent 3months out the last year at Hollybush.

5 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

Just donated to this extremely worthwhile cause. Have a great day Saturday and I wish Hollybush the best (despite the weather forecast).

Awesome mate!  That'll make a difference! :rangers:

On 2017-6-2 at 6:01 PM, govanblue said:

Ah, you're a provider, not a prospective resident! :tu:

To be fair, Whitehaven is pretty much 100 miles from anywhere! :p:

Lovely scenery though. I've got a pal that lives in Whitehaven. 

I'm skinto at the moment, but I'll be making a donation when I'm next paid. I think it's fantastic that there are charities that put so much into helping veterans - just a pity they don't receive more government funding, which they deserve. 

We've now raised £365 from 15 members, plus £200 from the Fund.

If anyone else would like to chip in a pound or two towards the Hollybush House Recreation Fund, just let me know. :tu:

Cutoff time for this appeal is 8am Saturday morning!

12 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

Lovely scenery though. I've got a pal that lives in Whitehaven. 

I'm skinto at the moment, but I'll be making a donation when I'm next paid. I think it's fantastic that there are charities that put so much into helping veterans - just a pity they don't receive more government funding, which they deserve. 

Apparently they're heavily underfunded, like many other similar establishments.

Just for the record, for those who are interested, very little of the money we collect gets donated to Erskine or Combat Stress directly.  If we did that, the money would just be an impersonal little drop in the ocean of their general funding.

Instead, what the Fund does is to target specific RECREATIONAL needs, and fund them directly.  Recreational, because that's what we're all about, and Direct because that way we know every penny gets spent the way we want it spent.

Recent/ upcoming spending:

8 Season Tickets for Erskine and Combat Stress - cost: £2565

John_at_Ibrox_zps7hnewk8y.jpg

06/06/17 - Erskine D-Day Whisky donation - 160 whisky miniatures donated by @Keeps01 - cost approx £200

happy_bear_zpsnafe46aj.jpg

17/06/17 - Erskine Veterans Ibrox Day Out - Stadium Tour followed by 3 course lunch and drinks for 10 Erskine Veterans. Including tips for the Tour Guide and Argyle Waiting Staff. cost=£180

erskine_park_ibrox2_zpse5cf2459.jpg

Erskine_Mains_Rest_Waltered_zpsc59d509c.

12/07/17 - Rangers TV Annual subscription for 2 Erskine Homes.  Cost: £100

ertv1_zpslu62kz5l.jpg

(we bought them that TV too!)

July onward - 14 tickets for Veterans for all Home Cup Games.

tour6_zps05av7ghg.jpg

Regular Fish and Chips Outings - £30 per trip (12 people)

erskine_fish_zps8rxytyqw.jpg

Erskine Wishes - approx £200 per Wish.  We plan to fund at least 3 or 4 this season.

Bob_Wish_zpstxbnagtn.jpg

falkirkwheel2_zpsdlr2lftb.jpg

14570296_1073692242747662_38798404456971

Erskine_RDF3_zpsxhxm4poe.jpg

December - Christmas Dinner Donations to 3 Erskine Homes - £500

Erskine_Christmas_Cheques_2.thumb.jpg.25

RM-xmas-cheques-2_zps1dfaf1f1.jpg

Erskine Edinburgh: "After chatting with the residents they have chosen, rather than champagne, to have a single malt for the whisky fans and some fancy red wine for the wine drinkers. This is great as we usually can’t afford the good stuff so they’re now really looking forward to enjoying those on the day for their Christmas shindig. We’ve also been able to pay for our entertainer to perform for an extra hour which is great as he’s a favourite with the residents and so now we can have a packed afternoon of great music, fine wines and single malt!

Thank you very much for this generous gift which means that all of our residents are excited about celebrations and in good spirits."

The Erskine Bishopton Home advised me that the money paid for some extra entertainment, some expensive crackers and some good whisky for all to enjoy."

Erskine Mains said: Once again a Big Thank you to RangersMedia for the very generous donation towards our festive Season at Erskine Mains.

You Enabled us to purchase a New Christmas Tree (the old one was looking a bit tired) our new Tree is Fab and was used for our Tree of Honour Ceremony and our official Switching on of our Christmas lights.

Added to this we were able to purchase more refreshments ( Drinks & Food) for both Christmas & New Year Parties.

Many Thanks and all the best for 2015 to all at RangersMedia From Erskine Mains.

Of course, we also like to support Rangers Youth Development - we buy 10 Rangers Lotto tickets every week (£520 for the year, paid up front), and we buy 20 Rising Stars for every home League Game (£720 for the year, paid up front)

And sometimes we win. :rangers:

RM_Lotto_Cheque_zpsrpgmud7u.jpg

6zc3sx.jpg

So not only can you literally see where your money goes, but you can also see that almost all of it helps support Rangers too!   The Double-Whammy.:rangers:

Anyway, that's just one of the many reasons why the RangersMedia Erskine Fund is the best damn cause around, and why everybody should donate to it, no matter what else they do in their life!

:Fod:

So I'm heading to Hollybush House tomorrow for the fete, and I'll give them their recreation Fund then.

So tonight is your only chance to donate to the Hollybush House Recreation Fund.

Even a pound will be gratefully received! :rangers:

On 2017-6-4 at 7:35 PM, govanblue said:

£420 now collected for the Hollybush House Recreation Fund.

from the following 16 Good Bears:

@BallochBear

@Bobby Hume

@calio

@Courtyard Bear

@EKCO

@geneva_ger

@govanblue

@Johnny Dangerously

@Malvern

@offshoreworker

@onefootwillie

@only14me

@SW3

@TEFTONG

@toad

@willygers4life

@Zetland

plus £200 from the RM Erskine Fund

That's me heading over there now.  Maybe see you there folks.

cs_fete.jpg.835a86957b5f5fb68ffc96de0d4c

18194039_1552175948127979_57680160746296

10 minutes ago, Zetland said:

Hope you all had a great day, if you managed along. 

Well done to Everyone who donated and to GB for getting us motivated by his efforts. :dance:

I'll tell you what I really spent the money on tomorrow. :p:

Many thanks to [ANON] whose OCD means that he keeps rounding our donations up!

That's £125 he's donated to Hollybush now, which by coincidence is how much we need to buy the 3 DVD Players that they so desperately need!

I think it's only fair that the Fund should match his generosity, so I've chucked in another £100 from the Fund to Hollybush.

Hope nobody minds. :p: