Pedro Caxinha: Stay or go?

Virtuoso

Stay or go  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro

9 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

No because that was the first leg, they ended up going through! How do you manage to be wrong about every subject?

It's funny how the narrative changes on here.  When Celtic lost that game there were countless posts in the general sports section laughing at them.  It was apparently the most embarrassing result in their history.  There was even a thread in the Bears' Den that very night stating how shire they were and we can now go and win the league.  Turns out it wasn't a bad result after all?  

So proven or unproven prior to coming doesn't matter.  Embarrassing results against part-time teams sometimes matter?  The most important thing we should take from this thread is that Pedro is shite and we should all hate him?  That's a productive and positive attitude to take in to the new season, isn't it?

By the sounds of it, some of you will be booing from the stands before we even kick a ball domestically.  Will you pure hate it if we win games and do well?  If we fail again at least you can always come on RangersMedia and make an 'I told you so' type post to make yourself feel better.

No surrender?  You already have! :lol:

I'm not sure what some of you are even campaigning for.  You want us to sack Pedro right now?  Only a few weeks prior to the domestic season kicking off, leaving our new signings disillusioned, and the club in free fall?  Where do we go from there?  Cap in hand to Aberdeen begging for McInnes to rescue is?  Total, fucking, madness.

32 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It's funny how the narrative changes on here.  When Celtic lost that game there were countless posts in the general sports section laughing at them.  It was apparently the most embarrassing result in their history.  There was even a thread in the Bears' Den that very night stating how shire they were and we can now go and win the league.  Turns out it wasn't a bad result after all?  

So proven or unproven prior to coming doesn't matter.  Embarrassing results against part-time teams sometimes matter?  The most important thing we should take from this thread is that Pedro is shite and we should all hate him?  That's a productive and positive attitude to take in to the new season, isn't it?

By the sounds of it, some of you will be booing from the stands before we even kick a ball domestically.  Will you pure hate it if we win games and do well?  If we fail again at least you can always come on RangersMedia and make an 'I told you so' type post to make yourself feel better.

No surrender?  You already have! :lol:

What a moronic thing to say, even by your standards.

38 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'm not sure what some of you are even campaigning for.  You want us to sack Pedro right now?  Only a few weeks prior to the domestic season kicking off, leaving our new signings disillusioned, and the club in free fall?  Where do we go from there?  Cap in hand to Aberdeen begging for McInnes to rescue is?  Total, fucking, madness.

No, Pedro should have been binned last Tuesday, because to me that result has left us in free fall already. McInnes isn't everybody's first choice, but you need to be honest here and realise that at the moment he is far superior to the dud we have in charge now. I look forward to your opinion in mid October, because it is heading for tears and the blame game far too late to salvage the season. Of course we all hope Pedro can turn it around, but it is more likely that he will drag us to new depths.

24 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

No, Pedro should have been binned last Tuesday, because to me that result has left us in free fall already. McInnes isn't everybody's first choice, but you need to be honest here and realise that at the moment he is far superior to the dud we have in charge now. I look forward to your opinion in mid October, because it is heading for tears and the blame game far too late to salvage the season. Of course we all hope Pedro can turn it around, but it is more likely that he will drag us to new depths.

Great post.

After 10 days of AGONY following the result in Luxembourg further argument is pointless. 

Many Rangers fans - who probably like me were sceptical from the start - have had enough and feel the club should sack PC now before more damage is done.

Other fans - commendably - want to give PC a chance. 

We will just have to see how it pans out. I'm terrified of the damage this man is doing but until the board act one way or the other we can only surmise how things are going to go.

I think he should have been sacked last Wednesday. Regrettably he hasn't so clearly we have  to see how the early part of the season unfolds. I suspect / fear we will lose our opening 2 games but I'm banning myself from commenting until then. If we win both games I'll be delighted (and amazed). I don't think we will, alas.

Right now I am stilling hurting from THAT result. As soon as that final whistle blew he should have had his notice ready to hand in. 

That being said, I ll always support the team and who ever the manager is and I am praying for a miracle, that he can turn this mess around and pull together a semi successful campaign. . . unfortunately the only thing we have to go into the season believing it will be successful is blind faith, since his track record so far is fucking awful. 

We've been a shambles nearly every game under the guy. I hope to fuck he improves as we can't sack him right now after buying all these foreign players. That's what makes it even worse as an appointment because we will be left with guys who hardly know the language, our game, and who might not give two fucks about us once Pedro is gone if they don't fancy the new manager or have any emotional attachment to the club or the UK. We could end up with a few wage thieves going through the motions or guys who get 'injured' all the time. I know this is being hard on these players and it could be they are all proper men and professionals but its just that its such a big risk at this time in our history. I admit I'm raging at the board for coming up with this when we needed a level of certainty and stability to grow from but its easy to see how heads could go down if you move to a new continent and the guy who signed you is gone in a few months. The state of our team these last few months and Pedro's ramblings give me the fear. Pedro even looks a bit like a cartoon donkey. I couldn't have made that appointment if I'd been drinking for weeks. As soon as you see the record of mid-table finishes I'd have known he was not for us no matter how good he sounded at a fucking interview. Somebody will need slung out the door for this as it will have cost us a fortune at the worst possible time. Probably set us back years. It only seems worse when you think what a guy like Mcinnes could do with the millions we've spent when he's done well with nothing. We'd have been guaranteed to improve significantly but now we have no idea if we'll challenge or not. It should never have been left to chance and that what we've done here. We've taken a punt like somebody in a bookie who fancies a horse because its placed a few times and has an exotic name. These clowns better hope that this punt pays off because the stakes are massive for us and I doubt I'll be alone in being done with them. 

Strange thing is, as a few have already made their minds up that Pedro is shite,  he didn't bring himself here. The board did that, so what I find astonishing is that I don't see one post criticising them. For a Pedro hater, this surely must be a gross misjudgement tantamount to gross negligence on their part if we listen to the extent of the criticism of Pedro, so why no criticism of the board in screwing up our most important of appointments? Why are the Pedro haters not calling them out? 

Double standards and hypocrisy at work again?!

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Strange thing is, as a few have already made their minds up that Pedro is shite,  he didn't bring himself here. The board did that, so what I find astonishing is that I don't see one post criticising them. For a Pedro hater, this surely must be a gross misjudgement tantamount to gross negligence on their part if we listen to the extent of the criticism of Pedro, so why no criticism of the board in screwing up our most important of appointments? Why are the Pedro haters not calling them out? 

Double standards and hypocrisy at work again?!

Obviously it's the board's fault for hiring him. Goes without saying, and I doubt anyone would dispute it. The point is that they now have the chance to rectify the mistake before any more damage is done.

Not voted, as there is no option for undecided. The reason being is there have been a lot of big changes made to the on field side of the club over the last few months. Those changes will have left ripples, that still need to settle down.

I hoping that once season starts things will come right, as at the moment all we've got is hope otherwise it's another Laurel and Hardy fine mess. I'm giving Pedro until Christmas to prove himself.