A new low even for the daily record

GOAT

1 hour ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Pointless having a contact address for tweets and emails if you don't get a response to the issue raised.Whats the point of having a SLO that doesn't laiase back.Sent mine on the 11th July and still no acknowledgement.Wonder how many are in the same boat but that's probably another thread on its own!!!

It's a Slo Process.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, 110 steps said:

And not a peep from the blessed Brendan. Not a word of condemnation of the groin brigade using his image on such a controversial banner. He certainly knows when to keep quiet to appease those scum.

When Brenda appeared on the news last night about the game, I said to the wife he won't have seen the banners. Sure enough he hadn't  he was too busy watching the game.Aye right enough

10 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

So did the rhebel give the dudes latest blog a heavy censure/edit or did they publish the full thing??

The Dude will be able to tell you better but the headline is about an alterior motive of Lawwell's re title stripping but only a little bit on it regarding a reshuffle it's more about Pedro and friendlies I think ... his views on media boycotts wasn't mentioned so hopefully he puts up a link to his blog and we can see what they edited out 

25 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

In before they get punished by UEFA, the next thing they'll be doing is giving themselves a fine.

Next thing you know they'll have sacked someone from 'separate entity' boys club for kiddy fiddlin' 

53 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The Dude will be able to tell you better but the headline is about an alterior motive of Lawwell's re title stripping but only a little bit on it regarding a reshuffle it's more about Pedro and friendlies I think ... his views on media boycotts wasn't mentioned so hopefully he puts up a link to his blog and we can see what they edited out 

So...I spoke to them yesterday and they aren't using it (for now) as there's stuff going on in the background over the whole sorry mess so have decided it'd be best not to publish it immediately although they agreed with much of what I've written and brought up on the phone to them. Given some of the stuff I've had sent to me over the last week (threats against me, my address & phone number being posted online and the like) I can see their point in not using it right away. They asked me to instead stick something else together instead, which is the one you mentioned about Lawwell, however, I'm a man of my word so have posted the full blog that was sent below. As I've said it's nothing groundbreaking and I'm sure many will completely disagree with my views but, as much of a cop-out as it might sound to some, that's all these blogs ever are; my opinion on whatever it is that's going on.

With title-stripping still being spoken about as if it could actually happen (it can't) and fans of Scottish clubs signing petitions in an attempt to have the Lord Nimmo Smith findings overturned (they won't), Rangers supporters' group Club 1872 launched a boycott of the Daily Record owing to  a perceived 'anti-Rangers' agenda amongst the editorial staff. The straw that broke the camels was Record Sport failing to cover a statement released by Club 1872 which made clear that any attempts to strip titles from the Gers would be met with campaigns to look into every alleged misdeed by Scottish clubs; many of which are in the public domain and have been spoken about at great length by others. Statements by Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee United fans' groups were all covered but one from the second largest shareholder in the country's biggest club was conspicuous by its absence.

Since the boycott was announced, fans have taken to social media to share screenshots of them 'blocking' various Record-linked twitter accounts (including my own) as they push for more balanced reporting using the hashtag #ChangeTheRecord. While I'll never tell anyone what content they should or shouldn't consume, the idea of an out-and-out boycotting a newspaper, ostensibly for not covering a statement, is ridiculous. Now, that's not to say that I agree with every word printed by this paper about Rangers, it's fan base or it's staff but I certainly don't buy that there is any editorial agenda against the club. Some of the stuff printed over the years about the club has been absolutely ridiculous and has, rightly, saw the Independent Press Standards Organisation get involved on occasion. This hasn't even been something exclusive to the Record with various publications and websites having had to apologise over its coverage of Rangers and others censured.

Where I do agree with Club 1872's stance is that fans need to be vocal in their push for better coverage of our club in the Scottish media. Some of the garbage that was being produced by 'experts' on a weekly basis is the very reason I started blogging in the first place; if the stuff I was reading in papers and online was the best that was on offer then I felt I could do better despite having left school with a 3 in Standard Grade English and never bothering to go to uni or college. It's maybe incredibly arrogant of me to think that but having spent the best part of 20 years reading opinion columns become more about settling old grudges than offering detailed insight and match reports turning into nothing more than the briefest of mentions of the actual match it's maybe not a million miles from the truth. Perhaps the circumstances Rangers have found themselves in over the last five years haven't helped the perception that everything about the club in the media is negative but I've absolutely no doubt that there's no secret agenda to deliberately attack the club and its fans.

With fans able to get access to up-to-the-minute news through all sorts of different channels now, newspapers have had to change tact on how they reach their audience. Some of the things under discussion for this season by Record Sport have given me a feeling that we're in a fantastic position to provide the sort of coverage Rangers fans, including myself, crave and while there have been things in the past which I've vehemently disagreed with on here, simply sticking our collective fingers in our ears and pretending the Record doesn't exist certainly won't help #ChangeTheRecord.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So...I spoke to them yesterday and they aren't using it (for now) as there's stuff going on in the background over the whole sorry mess so have decided it'd be best not to publish it immediately although they agreed with much of what I've written and brought up on the phone to them. Given some of the stuff I've had sent to me over the last week (threats against me, my address & phone number being posted online and the like) I can see their point in not using it right away. They asked me to instead stick something else together instead, which is the one you mentioned about Lawwell, however, I'm a man of my word so have posted the full blog that was sent below. As I've said it's nothing groundbreaking and I'm sure many will completely disagree with my views but, as much of a cop-out as it might sound to some, that's all these blogs ever are; my opinion on whatever it is that's going on.

Of course your going to think a boycott of the Record is ridiculous since they pay you blood money - wasn't sure what to expect anyway tbh but your entitled to your views if that's how you really feel 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Of course your going to think a boycott of the Record is ridiculous since they pay you blood money - wasn't sure what to expect anyway tbh but your entitled to your views if that's how you really feel 

I think a boycott of any paper is ridiculous and don't particularly see what the end game is. I wholeheartedly agree with putting pressure on any outlet that provides shite coverage but don't think boycotting is the way to do that. I can also say I'd NEVER put my real name to something that I don't genuinely believe. It's one thing being an argumentative dick on here as 'The Dude' and playing devils advocate but when it's stuff that's going out on a national paper's website, if I was bullshitting, it's only going to come back and bite me in the arse down the line. Given this is what I do for a living, simply coming away with whatever old shite I think of just to get hits will follow me when it comes to look for work with other outlets and sees whoever it is googling me and stuff I've written previously.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Kai, I am going to like your post after this reply, I think the abuse The Dude takes on here is OTT, your post reflects a more measured outlook we need rather than 'burn the witch' type of threads and comments made frequently on here. 

We can only fight our transgressors by being measured, appropriate and accurate in our responses. It does us not good to fight amongst each other.

So well said, a tirade of abuse does no one any good.

Just now, dummiesoot said:

Kai, I am going to like your post after this reply, I think the abuse The Dude takes on here is OTT, your post reflects a more measured outlook we need rather than 'burn the witch' type of threads and comments made frequently on here. 

We can only fight our transgressors by being measured, appropriate and accurate in our responses. It does us not good to fight amongst each other.

Some of the abuse is ott with him and some isn't. Sometimes I think he's ok and other times I want to murder him if I'm honest. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Some of the abuse is ott with him and some isn't. Sometimes I think he's ok and other times I want to murder him if I'm honest. 

We can all feel like that about many on here, the only two on here I have never felt like that about are D'Artagnan and Minstral.

The Dude is a bit devil's advocate at times I can live with that.  

On the boycott, I get it one hundred percent, on the other side of the coin, if no bears read it, the only folk left to pander to and keep sales and hits up is the haters. What better way to sell to haters is to print more of the shite. 

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

We can all feel like that about many on here, the only two on here I have never felt like that about are D'Artagnan and Minstral.

The Dude is a bit devil's advocate at times I can live with that.  

On the boycott, I get it one hundred percent, on the other side of the coin, if no bears read it, the only folk left to pander to and keep sales and hits up is the haters. What better way to sell to haters is to print more of the shite. 

I don't respect him one iota mate some of the stuff he's said before about Protestants and the Royals being peadophiles and nazis 

as I said sometimes his posts come across ok but deep down he's really cut from the same cloth as his partner in crime at the record Jonny McFarlane. 

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I don't respect him one iota mate some of the stuff he's said before about Protestants and the Royals being peadophiles and nazis 

as I said sometimes his posts come across ok but deep down he's really cut from the same cloth as his partner in crime at the record Jonny McFarlane. 

Christ, you still making that false equivalence. You're an intelligent fella, I'm sure you know exactly the point I was making in regards to the Queen's role as head of CofE. 

Curious what 'cloth' this is I'm cut from.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That Mcfarlane character carries my surname, gets on my goat with his inane ramblings, hope no cunt thinks he is related to me.

13 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

and there has never been a connection to paedophilia or support of Nazis at the glitterdome ,?

5 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

and there has never been a connection to paedophilia or support of Nazis at the glitterdome ,?

The debate at the time was focused on that and he tried to throw prods and the royals into it in defence of the tarriers 

29 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Abuse is water off a ducks back tbh, some of the other stuff like folk tweeting should I be seen at Ibrox I'll get my jaw broken is beyond the pail.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

The debate at the time was focused on that and he tried to throw prods and the royals into it in defence of the tarriers 

Nice try, but it's not right. They were 'thrown in' to give examples of how it's far from an exclusive issue to the RC Church. But then if we're going to argue over threads from literally years ago when this is 'focused' on something else, I'll leave you to your own wee ignorant bliss of the irony of it.

50 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I think a boycott of any paper is ridiculous and don't particularly see what the end game is. I wholeheartedly agree with putting pressure on any outlet that provides shite coverage but don't think boycotting is the way to do that. I can also say I'd NEVER put my real name to something that I don't genuinely believe. It's one thing being an argumentative dick on here as 'The Dude' and playing devils advocate but when it's stuff that's going out on a national paper's website, if I was bullshitting, it's only going to come back and bite me in the arse down the line. Given this is what I do for a living, simply coming away with whatever old shite I think of just to get hits will follow me when it comes to look for work with other outlets and sees whoever it is googling me and stuff I've written previously.

Your blog was a good read mate ??

Didnt agree with everything but then that's what life is about. 

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

so it's a bit like the "whataboutery" that gets thrown up in our faces if we step out of line and question why the filth get away with it 

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 1:40 AM, GOAT said:

It seems it's linfields fault that the mhanky mhob decided to display IRA banners....

IMG_7291.PNG

The paper should make more of their record for discipline. In todays news alone

1 Celtic have been charged by Uefa over an "illicit banner" displayed during their Champions League qualifier against Linfield.

2 The Glasgow club have also been cited for a "kit infringement" and "blocked stairways" during Wednesday's match.

3 In the past six years, the Scottish champions have been punished on 10 separate occasions relating to misconduct from supporters during European ties.

4 Meanwhile, Celtic have been punished for disciplinary breaches in the first leg.Striker Leigh Griffiths must serve a one-match ban for "provoking spectators" after tying a scarf to the goalposts, while there was a fine for "improper conduct of the team" after they picked up five bookings

Liewell has  stated that the Groin brigade section will be closed for the next European game and also v Hearts.

Instead of saying this will teach you arseholes a lesson though hes saying its for safety reasons.