Your 1st Rangers away game

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

The Graham Roberts game was at the end of the 87/88 season, I remember being in the wee shed along the side singing for Roberts all game, can't remember the score but I'm sure we gunned them just the same.

That makes sense. I went with a mate who supported Falkirk and we were in an anti room afterwards, me gloating about our easy win, when in stormed a surly looking Graeme Souness followed by a handful of journalists. Can't remember Souey's actual words but it was basically I'm not taking any fucking questions about players not in the team, made a quick statement about the game and when a journalist then asked him about the chanting fans, he stormed out. A full press conference and I still hadn't eaten my sausage roll.

1994 as a 10 year old at Motherwell. Gordon durie scored his first goals for rangers in what was a top of the table clash. Can remember more about being left on the bus with another lad my age while the rest went in a pub than the game itself. :lol:

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Brockville was a total shit heap ... they had wooden gym benches for seats in their main stand if I remember correctly.

I was never in the main stand but it was definitely ramshackle so the benches probably did exist

Just now, hammer93 said:

I was never in the main stand but it was definitely ramshackle so the benches probably did exist

It might be my memory but I think it was 1992 and my Dad took me there one midweek to see Dumbarton win what was the Petrofact/Ramsden's cup final that was held there. Sure we were in that Main Stand and it was snidey wee benches like the school gyms. 

4 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

1994 as a 10 year old at Motherwell. Gordon durie scored his first goals for rangers in what was a top of the table clash. Can remember more about being left on the bus with another lad my age while the rest went in a pub than the game itself. :lol:

My first game at Motherwell that one. 

My 1st away game was at rugby park in the late 70s but I can't really count those games as I lived local, my first away game I genuinely can't remember, it might of been cappielow in the Scottish cup 3-3 draw a game played on a frozen pitch if memory serves me correct.

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It might be my memory but I think it was 1992 and my Dad took me there one midweek to see Dumbarton win what was the Petrofact/Ramsden's cup final that was held there. Sure we were in that Main Stand and it was snidey wee benches like the school gyms. 

Stirlingshire Cup against Alloa in 93?

3 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

My other memory of it was it was fuckin freezing lol.

I'm getting mixed up, I remember beating Motherwell 2-0 in a Scottish cup tie at fir park, I'm sure Durie scored that day by rounding the goalie for a tap in, I thought that was his debut goal but my memory ain't what it used to be bud.

14 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Were you raging? :lol:

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I'm getting mixed up, I remember beating Motherwell 2-0 in a Scottish cup tie at fir park, I'm sure Durie scored that day by rounding the goalie for a tap in, I thought that was his debut goal but my memory ain't what it used to be bud.

Duries first the day I'm on about he rounded the keeper, I'm sure it was a league game though as they were in second place and remember it being a big game.

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

That rings a bell - thought it was the Bell's/Ramsden's cup but might have been some pishy Stirlingshire cup instead

I don't think Dumbarton have won the Challenge Cup. Edit: Or played in a Challenge Cup final.

Speaking of grounds that were hovels - Boghead was terrible :lol: although I really liked it. It had a lot of character. 

Just now, Billy1984 said:

:lol: couldn't understand why my dad would leave me there while I had to sit in the bus. Now I have kids and like a drink I realise I'd do the same.

Problem for me as an adult with coach journeys and drinking is that I have the weakest fucking bladder in the world. Ok for 5 or 6 pints but soon as I go once I'm going every fucking 10 minutes and usually by then some cunt has put the toilet out of order by having a snidey shite. 

Just now, OneDavidCooper said:

Problem for me as an adult with coach journeys and drinking is that I have the weakest fucking bladder in the world. Ok for 5 or 6 pints but soon as I go once I'm going every fucking 10 minutes and usually by then some cunt has put the toilet out of order by having a snidey shite. 

:lol: shiteing on the bus is a banning offence.