10 years ago today

G.E.C.

A season I will never forget. The amount of time between PLG getting the sack and the Uefa cup final is astounding. We were without a doubt robbed of the league and treble that year. People can say that the league table can never lie and the best after ~38 games can't be denied, but 07/08 does not apply for me. Still sticks in the craw, fucking cunts. Used Phil O'Donnels death to their advantage, and then the mythical tour of Japan. Not to mention Jim vinegars last minute winner when the cunt shouldn't have even been on the pitch. We had no right to win the Uefa cup, but the treble was stolen from us without a doubt.

Can't believe that was 10 years ago. I was in a boozer in Balmoral of all places (stealth shite holiday post) watching Sebo put them to the sword, the sound was off on the TV. I went ballistic, and all the Japanese and Spanish tourists looked at me as if I was having heart attack.

Can't believe it was 10 years ago what a crazy season got lot good memories from that euro run but won't ever forget SFA and how they treated us in run up to the final. Playing Motherwell on the Saturday after Manchester was a disappointment in a half and then that trip to Aberdeen on the Thursday night. 

43 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Should've won the lot that year bar the UEFA Cup. 

The 3-0 game at Ibrox against them was magic :UK:

There was a video on Facebook of us ripping the piss out of them at 3-0 that day just passing the ball around and even big Charlie Adam starts showboating :lol: whole of ibrox giving it the "easy easy" chant from soccer AM and Barry ferguson just smirking at the camera . 

Also just before our first goal Hutton slips and you can hear the full broomloan giving it "waheeey" only for him to get up and put the ball in for novo to score :lol:

What a cringey match that was to watch. Novo and Sebo celebrating like they'd scored the winner in the champions league final and fans arse licking every Chelsea player that came to take a throw in or corner.

I'm obviously looking at this through blue tinted specs 

But that's the only season I can think of where the best team in the country that year didn't win the league, we were far better than them. The SFA fucked us over royally and the tims abandoning the Old Firm (knowing for a fact they were going to get scudded) using O'Donnell as an excuse. 

Then the 3-2 old firm they score an offside goal and get a penalty that was outside the box. 

Safe to say the forces were against us that year anyway

But we made them pay for it 3 years in a row. 

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Remember Craig Levein having a complete meltdown about referees when we beat them 3-1 at Ibrox a few days before Manchester? :lol:

Brilliant "all about he rangers" ?

Terry butcher showing himself up at the end again.

15 minutes ago, Detroit Lion said:

I remember up at Aberdeen towards the end that year and the players were visibly dying on their feet. They had absolutely nothing left. None of us could blame them.

Im the same as you - Still sticks in my craw. Not aimed at the team (Bar maybe Walters set up for the UEFA Cup final) but just the way everybody lined up to have their wee day in the sun by having a snidey pot-shot at us will never be forgotten.

All in all we played 19 (NINETEEN!!) games in Europe. That is literally an extra half of a league season, add in the two cup finals that had the odd replay mixed in as well. Zenit got 2 weeks off to prepare, we got shafted. 

That's when it became apparent who was running Scottish football. No one even questioned them.

The year when sporting integrity veered it's ugly head.  We were in the middle of a 25 game unbeaten run when they cancelled the park head oldfirm game- think they had one or two injuries and the jap away, coincidence it wasn't.

can vaguely remember Walter saying in the media that it was obvious why Celtic and lawell called for the sfa to not grant any extension to our season,  there was some good games that year and good football aswell. 

14 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

We beat Chelsea 2-0. Only a friendly but at the time a real morale booster ahead of the start of the Manchester season.

Shows unequivocally the importance of having the right guy in charge. Plg within 18mths Manchester followed by 3 in a row. 

Pedro is a plg regrettably 

3 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Shows unequivocally the importance of having the right guy in charge. Plg within 18mths Manchester followed by 3 in a row. 

Pedro is a plg regrettably 

Don't think he is even as good as PLG, at least he made a very decent impact in the UEFA cup group stage where I think we played some good football in the group.

Definitely a huge confidence booster to get a result in that game, I remember McGregor saying 'if we can beat Chelsea we can beat anyone' in a post match interview some time later with a huge smile on his face and you could see the feelgood factor in the squad which we ultimately carried to the final.