Future of our support

Positive news story for a change, I've copied and pasted so no-one has to go to the site

Great to see the club do things like this.

A remarkable Coatbridge baby boy born nearly three months premature has already fallen in love with the beautiful game.

Jayden Adam Robert David Brown was signed up for a season ticket at Ibrox by his Rangers-daft parents, Rachael Chamberlain and Martin Brown, just four months after his early arrival, becoming one of the Glasgow giants’ youngest fans.

The beautiful, bouncing ‘Broxi baby’ has already been to two matches – where he was undaunted by the sound of 50,000 cheering supporters – and met Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha and some of the team’s star players.

He joins his parents and big sister Teigan, 10, in becoming season ticket holders at their favourite football club.

Proud Rachael, 26, told the Advertiser: “We got Jayden his season ticket in July, for the Enclosure area of the stadium.

“We’ve taken him to two games already; the Marseille pre-season friendly and Dundee last month.

“He wasn’t overawed at all by the crowd noise. He slept during the Marseille game – until Rangers scored – and was awake for all the Dundee match.

“I played him some Rangers songs, like The Best, when I was pregnant, so that may have gotten him used to the sounds!

“Jayden also had his picture taken with the manager, Pedro Caixinha, and players Bruno Alves and Alfredo Morelos as Teigan likes to wait to see the players.

“The club have been absolutely amazing with us.

“Jayden got a strip signed by the team and has it framed on his bedroom wall.

“His room is full of Rangers stuff and he’s also got a big photo of Ibrox.”

Jayden was born at Wishaw General Hospital’s maternity unit on March 19 and weighed just 2lbs 5ozs.

Rachael said: “He should’ve been born in June, but nearly three months early there was a weekend where I didn’t feel right at all. I went into hospital and the doctor told me to prepare to deliver the baby, saying that they had ‘no choice’ but to do so. I was taken into theatre and Jayden was born that night.”

But despite his premature arrival, baby Jayden had already displayed his credentials as a Rangers fan – and helped his family take in one of the biggest games of the season.

Rachael explained: “The week before we had a visit to the hospital on the day of an Old Firm game and Jayden was all quiet. It’s almost as if he decided to wait another week so we could see the game!

“It was just Mother Nature’s decision, though, as I delivered two healthy girls previously and with Jayden, this was the way he was meant to be born.”

Following an eight-week stay in hospital and close monitoring upon his return home, Jayden is now “doing really well”, and now tips the scales seven times heavier than when he entered the world.

Rachael said: “He came home at 37 weeks’ gestation.

“The house was all prepared for him; he was on oxygen and we did a sleep monitor every month.

“He was gradually weaned off the oxygen and is completely free of it now; it was great to see the canisters finally out of the house.

“Jayden still has chronic lung disease and will get follow-up treatment for the next two years. But he is doing really well and has grown quite a bit; he now weighs 14 pounds exactly.”

Rachael added: “We’d like to give a big thanks to the staff at Wishaw General Hospital. Jayden was in the hospital for eight weeks and everyone was absolutely brilliant and helped look after him superbly well.”

A Rangers Football Club spokesperson said: “The club are delighted to welcome young Jayden as one of our youngest season ticket holders.

“We would like to invite him to one of our charity foundation’s Dream Days, where he will get to meet the manager and players.”

bruno.jpg

pedro.jpg

29 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

This will go one way or another, should children under a certain age get in for free?

We use to take our son in up until he was 2 and just have him sit on my knee, daughter has been a few times aswell.

no. there's profit to be made, can't be giving away free tickets 

I think my daughter's ST worked out to around 60 odd quid for the season or something like that so they're not too expensive, might be remembering it totally wrong tho

There was a similar story a few months back as well with a guy claiming his wee boy was our youngest ever season ticket holder as well. That one got a bit cringeworthy though after the guy made a separate Twitter account for the wee boy. Chasing internet fame.

This is nice though.

Once the old guard dies out such as myself I fear the club will be unrecognisable as the bastionof the Establishment we once were.

Handwringers within our ranks are already trying to stop our historical song book and also distance us from The Crown  and our Presbyterian tenets.

1 hour ago, j1mgg said:

This will go one way or another, should children under a certain age get in for free?

We use to take our son in up until he was 2 and just have him sit on my knee, daughter has been a few times aswell.

I agree.

I think if they are not taking up a seat then they should be ok to sit on the parents knee - perhaps up until the age of 4 or 5 - and family section only.

19 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

Well done the wee man.

And when he grows up he'll be able to have a proper grown up love in with the mhanky mob fae the east end because by then, tha's what our support will have become. The signs are there already.

Behave yourself ffs.

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

no. there's profit to be made, can't be giving away free tickets 

I think my daughter's ST worked out to around 60 odd quid for the season or something like that so they're not too expensive, might be remembering it totally wrong tho

Because of where I sit there are no concessions. Would be full whack.

2 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Positive news story for a change, I've copied and pasted so no-one has to go to the site

Great to see the club do things like this.

A remarkable Coatbridge baby boy born nearly three months premature has already fallen in love with the beautiful game.

Jayden Adam Robert David Brown was signed up for a season ticket at Ibrox by his Rangers-daft parents, Rachael Chamberlain and Martin Brown, just four months after his early arrival, becoming one of the Glasgow giants’ youngest fans.

The beautiful, bouncing ‘Broxi baby’ has already been to two matches – where he was undaunted by the sound of 50,000 cheering supporters – and met Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha and some of the team’s star players.

He joins his parents and big sister Teigan, 10, in becoming season ticket holders at their favourite football club.

Proud Rachael, 26, told the Advertiser: “We got Jayden his season ticket in July, for the Enclosure area of the stadium.

“We’ve taken him to two games already; the Marseille pre-season friendly and Dundee last month.

“He wasn’t overawed at all by the crowd noise. He slept during the Marseille game – until Rangers scored – and was awake for all the Dundee match.

“I played him some Rangers songs, like The Best, when I was pregnant, so that may have gotten him used to the sounds!

“Jayden also had his picture taken with the manager, Pedro Caixinha, and players Bruno Alves and Alfredo Morelos as Teigan likes to wait to see the players.

“The club have been absolutely amazing with us.

“Jayden got a strip signed by the team and has it framed on his bedroom wall.

“His room is full of Rangers stuff and he’s also got a big photo of Ibrox.”

Jayden was born at Wishaw General Hospital’s maternity unit on March 19 and weighed just 2lbs 5ozs.

Rachael said: “He should’ve been born in June, but nearly three months early there was a weekend where I didn’t feel right at all. I went into hospital and the doctor told me to prepare to deliver the baby, saying that they had ‘no choice’ but to do so. I was taken into theatre and Jayden was born that night.”

But despite his premature arrival, baby Jayden had already displayed his credentials as a Rangers fan – and helped his family take in one of the biggest games of the season.

Rachael explained: “The week before we had a visit to the hospital on the day of an Old Firm game and Jayden was all quiet. It’s almost as if he decided to wait another week so we could see the game!

“It was just Mother Nature’s decision, though, as I delivered two healthy girls previously and with Jayden, this was the way he was meant to be born.”

Following an eight-week stay in hospital and close monitoring upon his return home, Jayden is now “doing really well”, and now tips the scales seven times heavier than when he entered the world.

Rachael said: “He came home at 37 weeks’ gestation.

“The house was all prepared for him; he was on oxygen and we did a sleep monitor every month.

“He was gradually weaned off the oxygen and is completely free of it now; it was great to see the canisters finally out of the house.

“Jayden still has chronic lung disease and will get follow-up treatment for the next two years. But he is doing really well and has grown quite a bit; he now weighs 14 pounds exactly.”

Rachael added: “We’d like to give a big thanks to the staff at Wishaw General Hospital. Jayden was in the hospital for eight weeks and everyone was absolutely brilliant and helped look after him superbly well.”

A Rangers Football Club spokesperson said: “The club are delighted to welcome young Jayden as one of our youngest season ticket holders.

“We would like to invite him to one of our charity foundation’s Dream Days, where he will get to meet the manager and players.”

bruno.jpg

pedro.jpg

I do believe the wee guy is smiling ::Fod:

2 hours ago, backup said:

Once the old guard dies out such as myself I fear the club will be unrecognisable as the bastionof the Establishment we once were.

Handwringers within our ranks are already trying to stop our historical song book and also distance us from The Crown  and our Presbyterian tenets.

why would you think this would be a good place to post this shite? this is a great wee story! could you not hold your crying salty tears for at least a moment to let us enjoy it?

2 hours ago, backup said:

:lookinmirror:
:hit:

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

why would you think this would be a good place to post this shite? this is a great wee story! could you not hold your crying salty tears for at least a moment to let us enjoy it?

you enjoy as we all will,doesn’t change the direction we are headed and no one to change that direction.