Jump to content
BridgeIsBlue

Protests?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

That was five years ago... 

That was only just over 2 and a half years ago this board took over in March 2015. Should have a look at where exactly Rangers were before they gained control.

Had they not cared about the club they could have sat back and let Cashley run us into the ground.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

That was only just over 2 and a half years ago this board took over in March 2015. Should have a look at where exactly Rangers were before they gained control.

Had they not cared about the club they could have sat back and let Cashley run us into the ground.

So it's better that it's them running us into the ground?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

That was only just over 2 and a half years ago this board took over in March 2015. Should have a look at where exactly Rangers were before they gained control.

Had they not cared about the club they could have sat back and let Cashley run us into the ground.

And what have they done? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

At what point did the penny drop that the Rangers supporters who protested against the previous regime were right to do so?

I haven't been overly critical of this board because I believe they are a group of Rangers supporters doing their best for the club. They have made mistakes and King has made claims in which he has so far failed to deliver and deserves criticism for this but the level of abuse they received from you and a few others is out of order and not merited.

We're not any further forward under this board ffs, loans (for personal profit at a later date) doesn't constitute investment and had the previous regimes behaved in the same way or failed to deliver on what they had promised then there would be calls for all sorts - but as you now have your man in, he's beyond reproach or held being to account.

The club is a fucking omnishambles from top to bottom, in every department - but not a word is being said about it. Again, had the previous incumbents behaved in the same way then SoS would have the bed sheets out, vans being driven past Ibrox and Chris Graham spending 24/7 on twitter about it - but not a fucking word...and we know why that is.

35 minutes ago, buster. said:

Those you speak of don't have any shame, which sits beside their ongoing lack of judgement that as you mention comes partly from an emotional and posionous hatred of certain Rangers supporting individuals, that in turn blinds them from the blindingly obvious until it hits them square in the face. At which time they start to claim but "a wasnae the only wan" accompanied by loudly shouting more or less the same pish as always....as if it didn't really happen and that we should actually take them seriously.

Oh and btw, the reason they won't find thousands or hundreds joining them for imaginary protests is because very few give them any credence.

I was wondering how long it would take before the tag team partner appeared. Longer than I thought, but never ceases to fail :sarcasm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

 

The club is a fucking omnishambles from top to bottom, in every department - 

I think that’s a rather overhyped version of events.

(Yes it’s hypocritical and never happened) but had we won the last two games we would have been in the league cup final and one win away from 2nd place.

The money that was given to the manager in the summer was probably more in fees than the rest of the league outside of celtic had spent in the last 2 or 3 seasons combined. 

The loans this board are providing will also never physically have to be paid back they will convert to equity at which point we’ll be debt free.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

We're not any further forward under this board ffs, loans (for personal profit at a later date) doesn't constitute investment and had the previous regimes behaved in the same way or failed to deliver on what they had promised then there would be calls for all sorts - but as you now have your man in, he's beyond reproach or held being to account.

The club is a fucking omnishambles from top to bottom, in every department - but not a word is being said about it. Again, had the previous incumbents behaved in the same way then SoS would have the bed sheets out, vans being driven past Ibrox and Chris Graham spending 24/7 on twitter about it - but not a fucking word...and we know why that is.

I was wondering how long it would take before the tag team partner appeared. Longer than I thought, but never ceases to fail :sarcasm:

The board got in just as we were about to owe Ashley 10 million, he already had a 75% cut of retail profits, we also had a board working for his interests, not Rangers, we had the most reluctant manager in our history who wasn't asked if he would do the job but told he was doing it. Newcastle crocks were dumped in our squad without the manager's approval Season ticket sales were dropping every season and not only because of any boycott taking place and in general the crowds were dwindling. 

We weren't getting out the championship under them.

Now this board may or may not be capable of getting us back to the top but I'm confident that this is their ambition.

They have made mistakes with their choice of manager but at least they're trying to put things right. Until a better alternative comes along they will have my backing.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Smile said:

So it's better that it's them running us into the ground?

I wouldnt say they're running us into the ground. Ashley and his group of cunts truly were 

this board is just skint. easy to ask them to move aside so someone can put money in but no cunt on earth will, no chance 

I hate this board, they are lying bastards but they aren't running us into the ground

have a wank or something 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

I think that’s a rather overhyped version of events.

(Yes it’s hypocritical and never happened) but had we won the last two games we would have been in the league cup final and one win away from 2nd place.

The money that was given to the manager in the summer was probably more in fees than the rest of the league outside of celtic had spent in the last 2 or 3 seasons combined. 

The loans this board are providing will never physically have to be paid back they will convert to equity at which point we’ll be debt free.

 

 

2

But you realise with Debt for Equity we are giving part of Rangers away in some form or other, Nothing in life is free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am certainly not pro King and his board, but if anyone is saying we are worse off than the previous incumbents is talking absolute shite, and to say this board has delivered fuck all is also shite, some folk have short memories, remember the retail deal we were tied into for 7 years, Ashley's shares that he has sold to C1872, the rights to our Logo, All back in safer hands, these cunts were hell bent on bleeding us dry, Ashly had one use for us, to make him more money, some of the fuckin underhand contracts that cunt did and nobody new about them till this board took over, this board are making a right cunt of things also but certainly not to the extent of Lambias and co.

are wee in safer hands than the previous board ? Absolutley 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it has been a long time since i said anything in this area, but seriously, if people want to protest, go and bloody protest. Whingeing that other people aren’t doing it is just pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KWBear said:

I wouldnt say they're running us into the ground. Ashley and his group of cunts truly were 

this board is just skint. easy to ask them to move aside so someone can put money in but no cunt on earth will, no chance 

I hate this board, they are lying bastards but they aren't running us into the ground

have a wank or something 

I do not have to wank mate someone takes care of that for me, last time i had a wank Linda Lusardi was a page three model. :troll: some of this statement may be true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can't change the past. But we must change the present. 

Anybody saying King and Co weren't the better option from Ashley et so were deluded. 

However, while some improvements were made we are still in a terrible place. 

This board needs removed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, legalbeagle said:

I know it has been a long time since i said anything in this area, but seriously, if people want to protest, go and bloody protest. Whingeing that other people aren’t doing it is just pathetic.

I went along to the Protests when they were on most just ignored them or gave them very little attention spoke to Houston at one he was more interested in the media and how it looked for him.

Took a few pictures posted them on here at the Clubshop second protest not the one arguing with supporters didnt notice till eskbankloyal pointed it out that the protestors were wearing the very same tops they were telling everyone not to buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

I think that’s a rather overhyped version of events.

(Yes it’s hypocritical and never happened) but had we won the last two games we would have been in the league cup final and one win away from 2nd place.

The money that was given to the manager in the summer was probably more in fees than the rest of the league outside of celtic had spent in the last 2 or 3 seasons combined. 

The loans this board are providing will also never physically have to be paid back they will convert to equity at which point we’ll be debt free.

 

 

The financially illiterate on here think they understand Finance based on discussing our woes on here. The word loan scares them because the don't really understand equity investment - especially in a footballl club. Your on a hiding to nothing. 

They also don't see that this board did stabilise us and at worst are not raping us for cash. Far to many think we should be owned by a billionaire just pumping money in aka PSG ( and look what happened when the last 'billionaire' bought us)! 

Folk equate what happens on the field with board room performance and really it's not.

Good luck! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Real Ranger said:

Cop out my arse. Ive read the views of Virtuoso over the last few years and starting threads abusing the previous regime wasn't exactly his style. He has no problem abusing the current one right enough.

youre whole account is basically a cop out. 

Why does someone not have the right to complain just because they didn't do it before? You make yourself look like a moron every time this is issue is brought up. Because you are one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Smile said:

But you realise with Debt for Equity we are giving part of Rangers away in some form or other, Nothing in life is free.

'We' are giving Rangers away? It was never 'ours' to give away - it's a strange entity a football club but since it became a 'company' Rangers was not ever owned by us. 

The thing about equity is that future investment can dilute holdings - so to bring more cash in the club does not need to be sold but does require shareholder approval for such a dilution.

im neutral in the boards actual performance but they are doing a decent, if not stellar job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hoss said:

We can't change the past. But we must change the present. 

Anybody saying King and Co weren't the better option from Ashley et so were deluded. 

However, while some improvements were made we are still in a terrible place. 

This board needs removed. 

Nobody is saying Ashley et al' was the better option. The issue is that the current board (namely King) has failed to deliver on every promise made prior to gaining power and has so far yet to be held to account for it.

Had the previous boards acted in the same way, then you can imagine the out cry and calls for resignations etc etc.

Drip feeding in a few million here and there isn't the answer or the way forward.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

'We' are giving Rangers away? It was never 'ours' to give away - it's a strange entity a football club but since it became a 'company' Rangers was not ever owned by us. 

The thing about equity is that future investment can dilute holdings - so to bring more cash in the club does not need to be sold but does require shareholder approval for such a dilution.

im neutral in the boards actual performance but they are doing a decent, if not stellar job. 

As I said it's not as simple as we get away debt free as the poster said. there is always a price to pay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alves70 said:

That was only just over 2 and a half years ago this board took over in March 2015. Should have a look at where exactly Rangers were before they gained control.

Had they not cared about the club they could have sat back and let Cashley run us into the ground.

Oh dear, you've fallen for the biggest deception since PPI.

None of it was about caring. They siezed the moment with disgruntled fans and escalated it with their hired rent a mob. It was simply a business opportunity for personal gain. No more no less, as the loans to equity deal reflects.

Opportunism when we were weakened and it will happen again in exactly the same way unless king can somehow get res 10 moving.

The unplanned pedro event has put them under heavy financial pressure. There are big wages to pay for players who are just not doing it and never will, which equals most of them and with little sell on value if anything at all. 

We are loss making and the debt is only getting bigger, so for how  much longer are they willing to finance the losses, even if they had the money?

Also, don't  think for a moment there aren't any vultures out there waiting to strike at exactly the right moment to take us on the cheap. Much like king who seized the moment, started a rebellion and drove down the share price. 

You see, if you are not cash rich and fail to be a success in the short term and at the minute, it certainly appears that way both on and off the park, not having money to burn to get you ahead of the game, particularly in the football business, will always come back and bite you on the erse. With this board, we are never ahead of the game. It's all reactionary as they focus on protecting their investment and blind to the bigger picture. I'm sure they all realise it by now and shitting broken glass. Exit strategies are us will be the order of the day behind the scenes. If not, they are even more stupid than I thought they were.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

The board got in just as we were about to owe Ashley 10 million, he already had a 75% cut of retail profits, we also had a board working for his interests, not Rangers, we had the most reluctant manager in our history who wasn't asked if he would do the job but told he was doing it. Newcastle crocks were dumped in our squad without the manager's approval Season ticket sales were dropping every season and not only because of any boycott taking place and in general the crowds were dwindling. 

We weren't getting out the championship under them.

Now this board may or may not be capable of getting us back to the top but I'm confident that this is their ambition.

They have made mistakes with their choice of manager but at least they're trying to put things right. Until a better alternative comes along they will have my backing.

 

Yet after all that King still did a deal with Ashley where he sold stock for him and through his stores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Smile said:

As I said it's not as simple as we get away debt free as the poster said. there is always a price to pay. 

Well technically it is 'debt' free if they do a loan for equity swap - and looks much better on the balance sheet but that's kinda pedantic - board are doing ok but like everyone at the club actually only judged on one thing and even that is ' in the moment' 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Smile said:

Yet after all that King still did a deal with Ashley where he sold stock for him and through his stores.

Pragmatism! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alves70 said:

That was only just over 2 and a half years ago this board took over in March 2015. Should have a look at where exactly Rangers were before they gained control.

Had they not cared about the club they could have sat back and let Cashley run us into the ground.

Surely Cashley  was doing what he does before he takes over every business. Running it down,  running down share price to the point he could get absolute control cheap build up business and make money on his own terms.  He couldnt make money by having an unsuccessful football team so he would have changed that. I supported him till he sold Lewis McLeod after that I lost confidence in what I perceived to be his plan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever the rights and wrongs of all the previous boards since Whyte one thing I do know and that is a football club the size of ours cannot be run successfully when you have a campaign by some fans supporting other people running for months to bring a board down.

It is impossible IMO.  

This board need to do what they said they would.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×