Koeman Sacked.

51 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

The money they spent was ridiculous on players that were not worth the money. Didn't spend the Lukaku money on a suitable replacement and more than half of it on Sigurdsson. A good player on his day but 50m? No thank you. 

Spent nearly 80 million on two number tens in Sigurddson and Klassan when they already have Barkley and they were working on a deal for Rooney too. Absolute madness :lol:

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Spent nearly 80 million on two number tens in Sigurddson and Klassan when they already have Barkley and they were working on a deal for Rooney too. Absolute madness :lol:

They have recruited horrendously in summer.  Everyone was creaming themselves over the fact they'd signed a Burnley centre-back, a Swansea player who failed at Tottenham, a CAM from Ajax (when the Dutch league is generally an awful market to shop in), the Sunderland keeper and a few others. This was never going to end well. 

2 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

They have recruited horrendously in summer.  Everyone was creaming themselves over the fact they'd signed a Burnley centre-back, a Swansea player who failed at Tottenham, a CAM from Ajax (when the Dutch league is generally an awful market to shop in), the Sunderland keeper and a few others. This was never going to end well. 

Van Nistelrooy,Suarez,Van Dijk,Robben,Eriksen,Van Persie,Stam aye terrible market 

2 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

In theory it's easier to say that people should be able to work with more money but I wonder if Steve Walsh is one of those guys who actually excels when he can't go after the big name players and he has to really do his homework and hunt for the bargains.

8 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Van Nistelrooy,Suarez,Van Dijk,Robben,Eriksen,Van Persie,Stam aye terrible market 

The Dutch market is very hit and miss though.

There's been some quality players signed from there but by the same token you've had guys like Alfonso Alves, Vincent Janssen, Memphis Depay, Ryan Babel, Kezman, Siem De Jong & Van Wolfswinkel come to England for big money and completely flop.

If I was a manager I would be really reluctant to splash money on a big money signing from there because they tend to be either brilliant or pish. There's no middle ground :lol:

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The Dutch market is very hit and miss though.

There's been some quality players signed from there but by the same token you've had guys like Alfonso Alves, Vincent Janssen, Memphis Depay, Ryan Babel, Kezman, Siem De Jong & Van Wolfswinkel come to England for big money and completely flop.

If I was a manager I would be really reluctant to splash money on a big money signing from there because they tend to be either brilliant or pish. There's no middle ground :lol:

There's a few outstanding young players at Ajax just now I'd be surprised if a few of them don't end up in England.