Alves Refuses To Be a Sub

derekweir29

8 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

If I went out for a meal with someone who worked in the catering trade and they took 45 minutes to decide what they wanted for dinner, it wouldn't give me a great deal of confidence in their ability. Four weeks nearly, and not even a clue who we will end up with? 

But if that person had suffered a bad bout of food posioning from his previous visit, he may have deliberated over his choice somewhat longer.

---------------

I agree in that I'd have preferred a quick resolution with IMO the obvious candidate but all I'm saying is that I can understand why it has developed the way it has.

However, it's the boards own decisions during the past 18 months that have pushed them down this track.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. Not surprising if it’s true. Another Senderos, Kranjcar etc 

All these types of players that come here think they’ll have an easy ride in this league and for one last payday as no-one in any major league would keep them. 

If were being really pessimistic you could argue he’s just here to keep himself fit for the World Cup.

For the reputation he came with he has been extremely poor. A major let down. 

4 minutes ago, buster. said:

But if that person had suffered a bad bout of food posioning from his previous visit, he may have deliberated over his choice somewhat longer.

---------------

I agree in that I'd have preferred a quick resolution with IMO the obvious candidate but all I'm saying is that I can understand why it has developed the way it has.

However, it's the boards own decisions during the past 18 months that have pushed then down this track.

That might depend on where you eat? You give this board more than just the benefit of the doubt, I get that, but I don't understand why they are taking this long. We had a chance to exert pressure with them still in the CL, and we have drifted back making it much easier on any pressure they may have  had. This board should have done its  homework months ago.

7 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I think Alves genuinely wants to play so he makes the world cup squad for Portugal. Having him sat on the bench is nonsense and doesn't help anyone. 

He shouldn't be left out the squad for Wilson. Murty is playing a dangerous game. We're going to have to completely rebuild this squad again in summer if he alienates all of Pedro's signings. It's fucking stupidity

If Murty is isolating all of Caixinha’s signings then Morelos and Candieas wouldn’t be playing every week.

What reputation did he actually come with though? Same as kranjcar. His best days were long gone but us fans as usual get all wax lyrical over has beens.  If he was that good then he wouldn't get dragged all over by opposition such as Louis moult- a guy who's came from England lower leagues to scotlands highest league and he rips him and bullies alves.   Every signing this summer just gone has been a foreign equivalent of warburtons shite.

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

That might depend on where you eat? You give this board more than just the benefit of the doubt, I get that, but I don't understand why they are taking this long. We had a chance to exert pressure with them still in the CL, and we have drifted back making it much easier. They should have done their homework months ago.

No, I have said that the last 18 months has been an omnishambles and it is their own fault why they arrive at this juncture with so much in the air and uncertain.

4 minutes ago, buster. said:

No, I have said that the last 18 months has been an omnishambles and it is their own fault why they arrive at this juncture with so much in the air and uncertain.

But you "understand" why it has taken this long. This is a football club, you appoint a manager, he fails, you replace him;  what's to understand? If we have a board who are overwhelmed that they might make a mistake then we don't have a very good board. Improve on the last the appointment; it's not that complicated.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

But you "understand" why it has taken this long. This is a football club, you appoint a manager, he fails, you replace him. What's to understand? If we have a board who are overwhelmed that they might make a mistake then we don't have a very good board. Improve on the last the appointment; it's not that complicated.

I think I've stated what I think and why, on various occasions.

Try reading them slowly.

28 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

I would even Include Dorrans in that bracket. We need to stop buying names and start buying players on their current ability and a chance we can sell them on for a profit. 

I said at the time there was no point buying him. Just wasted money that wasn't going to get us any further forward. We need to get out of this mentality of completely maxing out our spend season after season. It's got us to where we are now.

See if we'd kept the Warburton team, halliday et al, we'd probably be more or less at the point where we are now, but not c.5-10 million in debt to get there. 

Three high profile incidents now in Barton, Miller and now Alves. Common denominator, this board.

This shite shouldn't be happening. For me a malaise permeating through the very fabric of our being, eminating from the boardroom.

Now Alvez hasn't exactly been the power house we all expected, but to put Wilson in ahead of him is just suicide. No harm to Wilson, but he's fucking awful. Just look at the result. Not blaming him, but he was shite and the collective just isn't working.

Whether Murty, who shouldn't be in the position in the first place, had a tango moment or some cunt above trying to make Wilson a player, it shouldn't fucking happening. Amateur night at the proms.

It has been pretty obvious for a long tome now, we are dysfunctional as an organisation. We appear intent on self destructing. This crew shouldn't be allowed to run a sweetie shop. Fucking clueless. I thought we couldn't get any worse, but here we are with another own goal.

Another player revolt, dressing room split on the way costing us points, money and credibility. 

There is a time when you have to stop all this scapegoating of individuals as it is only a deflection and not the root cause of our problems. We will be running out of individuals to blame soon.  Alves may be wrong as an individual, but you need to start looking further than the end of our nose and stop the fucking knee jerking and see what is staring us all in the face,  in that big fat fucking elephant parked firmly in the room.

We are a fucking omni shambles. A dysfunctional, disorganised mess, playing at being a professional football club, but  only have to look what sits in our boardroom to see exactly where the problems lie. We have become a club bereft of integrity.

Any new manager arriving in this all pervading culture of dishonesty and backstabbing, is only going to be chewed up and spat out, becoming the latest victim in a long line, as the record now shows. They may not have been the greatest managers we've ever seen,  but dignity went out the window in the protracted and undignified manner of both their departures and both in the same year. Not how it happens in a professionally run business.

This board lives on at our peril!

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

People seem to be forgetting that Alves isn’t in the team because he was a fucking clown and got himself sent off after being bodied by Louie Moult.

Danny Wilson has been getting bodied by anyone and everyone for 3 years, nice guy "Murts" still picked him. 

6 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Knowing the Scottish media I'll wait and see what murty says before believing it. Wouldn't surprise me if it's bollocks and he starts on Friday night.

It matters not as it's out there.

One thing this board is good, is keeping the truth hostage and keeping a low profile when under attack. There comes a point when even the most gullible have to ask why?!

Alves not here to sit on the bench he's a World Cup in the summer. Don't believe the story tbh after Murtys comments but if he's no playing regularly then he will want to leave in January.

He would be starting every week for me only Rangers could have a player like him to choose and choose Danny Wilson and a young boy over him ? (If he wasn't actually injured that is)

14 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

But you "understand" why it has taken this long. This is a football club, you appoint a manager, he fails, you replace him;  what's to understand? If we have a board who are overwhelmed that they might make a mistake then we don't have a very good board. Improve on the last the appointment; it's not that complicated.

We have a board who are as bereft of integrity as they are of money. That's the fucking problem. Not all this pish well it's taking so long so they can get it right. It's taking so long because we are fucking skint.

Smell the cofffee ffs.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

It matters not as it's out there.

One thing this board is good, is keeping the truth hostage and keeping a low profile when under attack. There comes a point when even the most gullible have to ask why?!

I'm not the boards biggest fan by any means but the Scottish media have been making up stories like this for decades. Do you want them to comment on every wee thing in a daily rag? 

8 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Alves not here to sit on the bench he's a World Cup in the summer. Don't believe the story tbh after Murtys comments but if he's no playing regularly then he will want to leave in January.

He would be starting every week for me only Rangers could have a player like him to choose and choose Danny Wilson and a young boy over him ? (If he wasn't actually injured that is)

Not sit on the bench... Happy to sit in the stands for the scum game -  In fact he insisted. 

13 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

I'm not the boards biggest fan by any means but the Scottish media have been making up stories like this for decades. Do you want them to comment on every wee thing in a daily rag? 

The thing is, they are!

IF we were who we think we are, the MSM would think twice before printing the shite they do for fear of the consequences.

In an organisation without integrity and that is what we are with this board, it's open season and why fucking not. Easy money for the jouno's as this board skulk under the covers. They are that fucking bad, we don't even a reputation tleft to fucking protect.