Alves Refuses To Be a Sub

derekweir29

1 hour ago, bennybongo said:

Alves is past it anyway. He has been garbage for us, and has figured in many shite results. I have no idea why we let Clint Hill go tbh. I wonder how much he was on compared to Alves. 

Away and don't talk pish ffs, he's not been great in some games, but he's better than anything else we've got.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, bennybongo said:

What games has he been "great" in? 

Ok maybe he's not been great in any games he's played for us, but as I said he's better than anything else we have imo, and I wouldn't say that he's been garbage, as you put it.

why is it whenever we get someone decent at the club, they are always absolute honking for us?

Alves, Barton, Toral are the most recent that spring to mind.

Alves, speaks for itself. 100+ caps for the european championship Portugal side only last year, still playing at respectable club level in Italy, played all over the world, so none of this doesnt know the game pish, hes played in tough leagues. 

Barton, championship team of the season the year we got him, loudmouth twat but a more than capable player who should have walked it here. played in the prem for years, france, and in a very good championship side.

Toral, end of the day, you dont stay at Arsenal's youth team for as long as he has, via the Barca academy, if you dont have talent and ability.

yet they all come here, and were (or currently have been to date) dreadful. I dont think it is necessarily the player that is the problem, I honestly think we could bring ronaldo in and hed be shite as well. 

So theres absolutely no point going for marquee signings because of late theyve never pulled through and been great for us. Thats why I reckon Mciness would be the best for the managers job. because at the sheep hes never had a big landmark signing - but he seems to get the absolute best out of what hes got and thats what we need. overperforming players that we can maybe actually get a decent fee for (god forbid we learn how to market and sell a player).

the club needs to be looked at top to bottom to see why this is going on though, because i fear that even a manager who can get the best out of what theyve got wont be able to make much difference with how the clubs being ran, from a footballing perspective.

6 minutes ago, stevemac said:

why is it whenever we get someone decent at the club, they are always absolute honking for us?

Alves, Barton, Toral are the most recent that spring to mind.

Alves, speaks for itself. 100+ caps for the european championship Portugal side only last year, still playing at respectable club level in Italy, played all over the world, so none of this doesnt know the game pish, hes played in tough leagues. 

Barton, championship team of the season the year we got him, loudmouth twat but a more than capable player who should have walked it here. played in the prem for years, france, and in a very good championship side.

Toral, end of the day, you dont stay at Arsenal's youth team for as long as he has, via the Barca academy, if you dont have talent and ability.

yet they all come here, and were (or currently have been to date) dreadful. I dont think it is necessarily the player that is the problem, I honestly think we could bring ronaldo in and hed be shite as well. 

So theres absolutely no point going for marquee signings because of late theyve never pulled through and been great for us. Thats why I reckon Mciness would be the best for the managers job. because at the sheep hes never had a big landmark signing - but he seems to get the absolute best out of what hes got and thats what we need. overperforming players that we can maybe actually get a decent fee for (god forbid we learn how to market and sell a player).

the club needs to be looked at top to bottom to see why this is going on though, because i fear that even a manager who can get the best out of what theyve got wont be able to make much difference with how the clubs being ran, from a footballing perspective.

Toral was just a complete shitebag.

53 minutes ago, Teamgers said:

Ok maybe he's not been great in any games he's played for us, but as I said he's better than anything else we have imo, and I wouldn't say that he's been garbage, as you put it.

in what games has he stood out? only stand out thing from him is having a wee hissy fit after a bad tackle then blaming Scottish football for the fact he's "not been allowed to play football" due to the tactics here

enough of this hero worship for an aging player with a big ego who's done nothing in Scotland to merit it

1 hour ago, bennybongo said:

Aye, that will be him. Why do mugs like you base so much on whether a player is well known? Likely as you know fuck all about the game. 

Eh? What are you on about ? Clint is almost 40yr old he is finished at the top level hence why he is with Carlisle  Clint was a very well known footballer in his day and had a good reputation however he has shot it now and I am afraid he is at the level he is for a reason.  

2 hours ago, bennybongo said:

Alves is past it anyway. He has been garbage for us, and has figured in many shite results. I have no idea why we let Clint Hill go tbh. I wonder how much he was on compared to Alves. 

Hill’s in the same boat as Miller mate, played very well last season but both were clearly going to be absolutely finished at best by this January if they had both signed new deals.

Alves should be in every single week when fit considering his competition, we miss him when he’s away and we aren’t playing a team willing to hand us 3 points.

As a club we aren’t in a position to be able to turn on a player of his experience and ability on paper.

Couple of months ago folk wanted Alves made official captain now he’s to be released :confused:

Alves ability whether he is good or bad is irrelevant in this instance.

He is currently a Rangers player and deserves support from our pathetic board when arseholes like the prick Grahame writes shite about him in a fucking rag. These fannies either need to fuckoff or start defending our club, they’re meant to be the custodians. 

7 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

in what games has he stood out? only stand out thing from him is having a wee hissy fit after a bad tackle then blaming Scottish football for the fact he's "not been allowed to play football" due to the tactics here

enough of this hero worship for an aging player with a big ego who's done nothing in Scotland to merit it

St Johnstone he had a very good game, that is it.

5 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Alves ability whether he is good or bad is irrelevant in this instance.

He is currently a Rangers player and deserves support from our pathetic board when arseholes like the prick Grahame writes shite about him in a fucking rag. These fannies either need to fuckoff or start defending our club, they’re meant to be the custodians. 

Not in this life they won't.

5 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Eh? What are you on about ? Clint is almost 40yr old he is finished at the top level hence why he is with Carlisle  Clint was a very well known footballer in his day and had a good reputation however he has shot it now and I am afraid he is at the level he is for a reason.  

And still scoring for Carlisle and marshalling their back four. Since he arrived at Carlisle "Carlisle's record since Hill signed in late September is the second best in the division"

Ok so it's league two, not that much better than most of the teams in the SPL  IMO

8 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Clint hill has never been a good footballer. He was pish at qpr and it shows the quality we have had over the last few seasons when he is considered a standout