"The players weren’t all on the same page”

five stars

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Yet our players seemed to be blowing out their arses by 65 minutes and even other teams players commented on our lack of fitness.  Overtrained or poorly trained.

But there can be a psychological element as well. It’s like anyone at work, sometimes you don’t believe in what your boss is doing and you can’t be arsed doing what’s being asked of you, you know it’s flawed and not going to work so it saps your energy.

Other times if you’ve been given motivation or purpose you push that little bit further, have more energy and feel like you can accomplish anything.

48 minutes ago, nelsonRFC82 said:

Are you genuinely trying to apportion blame on to players giving their all to try and ensure the club is successful for maintaining Pedro's reign too long?  Should they have deliberately lost games to get rid of him sooner? The appointment/sacking of a manager is not the players responsibility, what is their responsibility is to work their damnedest on the pitch & in training to make this club successful again!

Excellent point and unfortunately on the vast majority of occasions too many players have not done so.Pedro may have been out of his depth but the attitude and effort of the squad  in general this season has taken us fans for mugs.Everyone from the top right down to the players should not escape criticism for the clusterfuck of a season we have endured so far.

41 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

But there can be a psychological element as well. It’s like anyone at work, sometimes you don’t believe in what your boss is doing and you can’t be arsed doing what’s being asked of you, you know it’s flawed and not going to work so it saps your energy.

Other times if you’ve been given motivation or purpose you push that little bit further, have more energy and feel like you can accomplish anything.

Good point ?

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

Trying to transplant mexican football into Scotland was never going to work ... managers who can be a success working abroad have to be open minded and have a willingness to learn 

To be fair, I don't think that was case. Wasn't it true that under Pedro the training sessions were different all the time? I think he did try to change tactically a lot as well, even going to a 4-4-2 at the end. Didn't strike me as someone who wasn't open minded or didn't have a willingness to learn - I think that could be aimed at the players but not him.

I think he was just out of his depth.

I do not and won't ever listen to a word that comes from his mouth. To say Pedro had a split dressing room, a fact so blatantly obvious from anyone in the football world, at a fucking AGM is ludicrous. He is a waste of fucking time like the vast majority of this incapable board.

5 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

In fairness, Pedro is a complete fucking nutter. It's no wonder, he sounded like he could start a fight in an empty room

I think this was his major undoing. A leader needs to be calm but passionate, he needs to clearly communicate what he is trying to achieve, what roles people need to fulfil and how it is all going to fit together and work. Pedro was fiery, confrontational, spoke before he thought through what he was trying to say in a foreign language to him and appeared to regularly fall out with players.

No player is going to give their all for an erratic manager that blows up on a regular basis.

Seems to be a bizarre assumption in this thread that the game played in Scotland is the same game played in the rest of the world.

Nobody else knows what the fuck is happening on the pitch in Scotland. They wonder why everyone has to look up all the time and what all the green stuff is for since its not used.

6 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Yet our players seemed to be blowing out their arses by 65 minutes and even other teams players commented on our lack of fitness.  Overtrained or poorly trained.

Bollocks. Mcinnes said before Wednesday they were the fittest team in the league. 

Then we ran the legs off them.

10 minutes ago, five stars said:

Agreed, he's gone but our new manager is going to have to come in and deal with the same players. They're all still there!!

What if they don't fancy whoever our new managers is?

You can ask that question at literally any club who changes manager during a season, yet regularly a new and/or better manager improves things 

You seem insistent on trying to insinuate Pedro's failure was because of something other than his own lack of ability 

17 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

You can ask that question at literally any club who changes manager during a season, yet regularly a new and/or better manager improves things 

You seem insistent on trying to insinuate Pedro's failure was because of something other than his own lack of ability 

It's seems fairly obvious there were more reasons why Pedro's wasn't a success, as well as his lack of ability.

You on the other hand seen to think it was all down to Pedro.

Need a hand pulling your head out the sand?

15 minutes ago, five stars said:

It's seems fairly obvious there were more reasons why Pedro's wasn't a success, as well as his lack of ability.

You on the other hand seen to think it was all down to Pedro.

Need a hand pulling your head out the sand?

Pedro jumped from failure to failure from the beginning, the guy couldn't win more than a couple of games in a row, what redeeming features were there during his tenure at all really? 

Of course a new manager doesn't solve all the clubs problems but the right choice could leave us in a considerably better situation than we've had even with all the same players 

22 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

To be fair, I don't think that was case. Wasn't it true that under Pedro the training sessions were different all the time? I think he did try to change tactically a lot as well, even going to a 4-4-2 at the end. Didn't strike me as someone who wasn't open minded or didn't have a willingness to learn - I think that could be aimed at the players but not him.

I think he was just out of his depth.

I think that's true although if you had put liewell on our board you couldn't really have got a worse choice of manager that pedro especially when you look at the money he was given to spend 

On 01/12/2017 at 11:30, Prso's headband said:

He only said that because he was asked about his comments on institutional failure and shat out from calling out the idiots sitting next to him, so he blamed it on the management and players

Which is mental, would have possibly won over a lot of folk if he just held has hand up and said "the board got it wrong".

On 12/1/2017 at 12:38, Jack The Flipper said:

I think this is where rogers has lucked out because his players have seen him at Liverpool they naturally believe in him