This Winter break

eejay the dj

I hope it snows like fuck in February  and causes havoc with the fixtures 

The present decision to have a winter break  leaves us with no games to enjoy for weeks .It's total bollocks for me 

I know our league is now pish quality compared to England .However it just breaks up what used to be one of the most exciting periods of the season for me .

These wankers running out game haven't a clue 

What's everyone's else's thoughts on this 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of being called all sorts on here...but..what is the actual purpose of this break?? Is it the weather? So every club goes off to warmer climes for a couple weeks and whatnot then come home and?? Its still fuckin January/February ..still freezin but you've just had training in warm climes then steaight into games that matter to me just opens up more possibility of injuries . Not to mention on a biased note kills all momentum we may have had.While im at it why not play in the summer???

9 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The present decision to have a winter break  leaves us with no games to enjoy for weeks .It's total bollocks for me 

I know our league is now pish quality compared to England .However it just breaks up what used to be one of the most exciting periods of the season for me .

Have argued for years now for summer football. TV money featuring 2/3 Rangers v sellick games between end May to mid August would attract BT and or SKY to plough more money into our football. Definitely sound arguments against it - i appreciate that. But it needs explored further 

I have always wanted summer football but the powers that be just dont want it.

Fifa will say it's because of the world cup and euro championships.

Other countries manage fine who play summer football because they do have harsh winters like Russia and so on.

58 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

If you are unhappy at having no game for weeks why are you wishing for games to be off in february :duh:

51 minutes ago, CammyMcC said:

At the risk of being called all sorts on here...but..what is the actual purpose of this break?? Is it the weather? So every club goes off to warmer climes for a couple weeks and whatnot then come home and?? Its still fuckin January/February ..still freezin but you've just had training in warm climes then steaight into games that matter to me just opens up more possibility of injuries . Not to mention on a biased note kills all momentum we may have had.While im at it why not play in the summer???

As pedro said... yea... he did... the players are entitled to time off during the week and year because they are employees of the club and are entitled to receive time off.

I think that is a reason.

But may be wrong.