Stuart Taylor

Captain Hilts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

We should replace him with whoever headed up Falkirk’s academy. They’ve shut the whole thing down but over the past few years they’ve been pretty successful at bringing youngsters through.

They were successful until they merged with Stenhousemuir and East Stirling g to create Forth Valley Developmont Academy. After that happened they stopped bringing anyone through of note. Kenny Shiels was in charge at one point there. Not sure who was running it most recently though. 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They were successful until they merged with Stenhousemuir and East Stirling g to create Forth Valley Developmont Academy. After that happened they stopped bringing anyone through of note. Kenny Shiels was in charge at one point there. Not sure who was running it most recently though. 

Genuine question,has their been any team in Scotland who have brought through more players than Falkirk in the past decade or so. I’m thinking Hamilton are the only ones who might rival them?

I don’t pay particular attention to Falkirk but they always seem to have three or four players at once who have come through their system and are being linked with moves away :lol:

48 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Genuine question,has their been any team in Scotland who have brought through more players than Falkirk in the past decade or so. I’m thinking Hamilton are the only ones who might rival them?

I don’t pay particular attention to Falkirk but they always seem to have three or four players at once who have come through their system and are being linked with moves away :lol:

Not that I can think of off the top of my head. Loads of boys cherry picked by others out their academy too. 

I spent some time doing a bit of coaching at their academy about 15 years to get my badges when Hughes was still manager there. Really well run set up although kinda lost its way a bit after the merger. They were really good with letting boys move on too if they had an opportunity of regular games elsewhere 

It was clearly a short term thing for both parties. If hes getting a permanent gig out of this then fair enough.

No loss, the others we brought in and hopefully continue to bring in will be Rangers men rather than scum supporters. I don't even recall any comments from him about how delighted he was to be here. Nothing.

Opens up Millers space too no doubt.

Don’t really know too much about this Taylor guy but if he sees it as a big opportunity for himself we shouldn’t stand in his road - afterall Falkirk and Hartley are no friends of Rangers and they let us do likewise with Nicholl with him only being there a couple of weeks.