Delusional sheep

7 hours ago, Young Bob said:

What happens if the planning isnt approved?

Aberdeen start moaning like fuck, the Council get it in the neck and Stuart Milne calls the SNP and asks them to call it in and override the Council a la Trump course.

If they get permission the residents group will seek a judicial review of the decision. A few of the counsellors might be wary of that if the planners recommend refusal. Don’t know how long that will take but Aberdeen won’t be able to do any real work meantime. 

Someone said up the thread that they’ll be fucked financially if they don’t get it. I disagree. They are currently doing okay - dumped their debt, brought in some new investment, crowds up. The development is estimated to cost £50m. If you assume they’ll get, say, £10m for Pittodrie then they are still about £35m short. That’s 3-4 times their annual turnover. No idea how they will fund that. I could see them building the training facilities and then leaving the stadium section lying undeveloped for years. 

If they do build it then there will be some extra revenue (Scotland games, boozer on site etc) but attendances will tail off when folk realise it’s a pain in the arse spending 90 minutes in traffic to get out of town to watch a team scrapping for 3rd place. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Aberdeen Council planning department have today issued their report recommending approval of the AFC application citing the great economic benefits. Utter fucking joke - carve up from the start. Zero chance the counsellors won’t approve it now so looks like the sheep will get their planning permission on Monday. Hope they bankrupt themselves trying to build it. 

Just now, BoydsFavouriteDonut said:

So, Aberdeen Council planning department have today issued their report recommending approval of the AFC application citing the great economic benefits. Utter fucking joke - carve up from the start. Zero chance the counsellors won’t approve it now so looks like the sheep will get their planning permission on Monday. Hope they bankrupt themselves trying to build it. 

It’s Aberdeenshire Council that are in control of the application is it not?

On 21/01/2018 at 00:23, cp9 said:

I could be wrong here, but is their new stadium not meant to be smaller than pittordrie...? 

Only just mate, the new stadium’s proposed capacity is 20,000 with their current hovel holding a few hundred over that. 

2 hours ago, FlippinEck said:

Boyd scored with his arse apparently :lol: 

It was indeed a great ass finish. Looked like he took the piss out of the sheep fans a bit after it too... probably after some fat bastard chanting.

On 23/01/2018 at 20:56, chris182 said:

It’s Aberdeenshire Council that are in control of the application is it not?

Had a look at the Aberdeen City Council planners report. There’s a proposed planning condition that AFC can’t start building the stadium part of the development unless they have build a footbridge over the road alongside the site and sort out a controlled parking zone (covering pretty much all of Westhill within 30 mins walk of the site). The bridge will be in Aberdeenshire and will need planning permission from Aberdeenshire Council, who opposed the development. Westhill is also in Aberdeenshire - don’t see how the parking restrictions can be rolled out unless Aberdeenshire Council are on board. So, even when the Aberdeen councillors approve the planning permission there is a long way to go with this. I reckon the Scottish Government will end up getting involved to sort it out. 

As much as I can't stand the sheep it's good to see other Scottish sides showing ambition and not merely being content with the crumbs from our table,if others done that then maybe our co-efficient wouldn't be so poor and we might even have kept the 2 champions league places.

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

As much as I can't stand the sheep it's good to see other Scottish sides showing ambition and merely being content with the crumbs from our table,if others done that then maybe our co-efficient wouldn't be so poor and we might even have kept the 2 champions league places.

I think it will be a disaster for them in the long run. Many of their fans on social media are predicting dwindling crowds after the novelty wears off due its location and transport links. Here's hoping

16 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

As much as I can't stand the sheep it's good to see other Scottish sides showing ambition and not merely being content with the crumbs from our table,if others done that then maybe our co-efficient wouldn't be so poor and we might even have kept the 2 champions league places.

It is actually good to see when you put it like that but they wont come close to filling it at all when they realise the best they can achieve is 3rd, if it does happen and they build I could see them being relegated within a couple of years eapecially if they go over there estimted budget which usually always happens now a days.

17 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

It is actually good to see when you put it like that but they wont come close to filling it at all when they realise the best they can achieve is 3rd, if it does happen and they build I could see them being relegated within a couple of years eapecially if they go over there estimted budget which usually always happens now a days.

Bigger and better always costs more to build and run admin will be on there doorstep soon enough