Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tannerall

2018 World Cup

Recommended Posts

I'm fancying an outsider winning the WC, hasn't happened in a good few tournaments really though. The best bet I can think of is Belgium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I'm fancying an outsider winning the WC, hasn't happened in a good few tournaments really though. The best bet I can think of is Belgium.

England. We'll shit em ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Belgium could work as a team they could easily win this tournament. When you think you could have a front 4 of Hazard, De Bruyne, Mertens and Lukaku they could rip into any team. Courtois, Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Dembele in the spine too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fancy Brazil this time round.....I can see France being the best the Europeans have to offer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I've not really enjoyed a world cup since 06. Hoping this is better than that.

 

I thought the 2014 World Cup was really decent tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Belgium wont win it with Roberto Martinez as manager ! Would like to see an outsider do it but itll probably come down to the usual suspects like Argentina, Brazil, Germany etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Belgium wont win it with Roberto Martinez as manager ! Would like to see an outsider do it but itll probably come down to the usual suspects like Argentina, Brazil, Germany etc.

Yup Martinez was a ridiculous choice for their manager, De Bruyne really doesn’t like his tactics apparently so can see there being a fallout there. I’m sure someone on here told he he’d be a future Barcelona Manager :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I thought the 2014 World Cup was really decent tbh

Was very meh imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Yup Martinez was a ridiculous choice for their manager, De Bruyne really doesn’t like his tactics apparently so can see there being a fallout there. I’m sure someone on here told he he’d be a future Barcelona Manager :lol:

It was really strange especially considering anytime I watched them under Wilmots they were quite the defensive side then they just decide to go the polar opposite with Martinez and his gung ho approach.

The most ridiculous thing is that Martinez is still even a manager guys done nothing but basically ruin the 2 sides he managed before Belgium yet here he is still working :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

It was really strange especially considering anytime I watched them under Wilmots they were quite the defensive side then they just decide to go the polar opposite with Martinez and his gung ho approach.

The most ridiculous thing is that Martinez is still even a manager guys done nothing but basically ruin the 2 sides he managed before Belgium yet here he is still working :lol:

He has got 2 outstanding jobs from one FA cup win the same season he got Relegated with Wigan it’s unreal

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Germany are my team, other half is German, enjoy the world cups. We go over to Germany and they do a big BBQ and beer thing for the games. I turned up at one with a few beers to make my contribution and turns out that the host pays for everything and I was insulting the guy by being generous!! He had ordered 200 litres of beer for a party of about 40 plus all the spirits and what not and been to the butcher and got all the stuff for the BBQ. If I am over this year will get a picture to show you what I mean.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always good to have some football through the summer even if the tournaments aren't the best 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2018 at 23:16, ForeverAndEver said:

I've not really enjoyed a world cup since 06. Hoping this is better than that.

 

I loved the last one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Was very meh imo

I thought the games were quite entertaining with plenty of goals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

I thought the games were quite entertaining with plenty of goals. 

It started alright and went down hill until the Germany/Holland v Brazil games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×