Patience needed

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I dont know if I agree with that though.

Most of his fuck ups came in the games against the supposed cannon fodder, he has sorted this out for the most part.

Start with, not putting on subs until 15 minutes left. Try, not giving Cummings enough game time. Are we paying his wages to warm the bench?! What about subing players who go MIA, when there's players on the bench waiting to burst a gut. What does that do for moral? Giving a keeper an extended contract who is second rate? I could go on.

He is as one dimensional as MW and will not change. The mould is set.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

If it was only about Murty. It's much bigger than him. This is six years in the making. How much longer do we put up with being also rans? Another six years?

Appears we are getting used to playing second fiddle.

Start with the board. King, our messiah. 3 years now. I'm still awaiting the miracle. Oh wait a minute, it was only broken promises. That's ok then. The miracle is that we accept it!

We're too dignified for a West Ham moment of course. Well that is unless it's getting King into power!

We have improved on the park, but off it, we reman a shambles and that will ultimately affect what's on it.

There's more to a football club than just a team. Stadium and training ground to maintain and improve etc. Not that I'm saying the board are great but things have been steadily getting better and until we somehow get some major investment we are stuck with them. Also whether right or wrong they could have cashed in on Morelos and got most of their money back.

13 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

If it was only about Murty. It's much bigger than him. This is six years in the making. How much longer do we put up with being also rans? Another six years?

Appears we are getting used to playing second fiddle.

Start with the board. King, our messiah. 3 years now. I'm still awaiting the miracle. Oh wait a minute, it was only broken promises. That's ok then. The miracle is that we accept it!

We're too dignified for a West Ham moment of course. Well that is unless it's getting King into power!

We have improved on the park, but off it, we reman a shambles and that will ultimately affect what's on it.

Yet another debate and your obsession with the board has to be brought up....it's fucking tedious....we get the board are shite but it ain't going to change anytime soon, can you not just debate about the manager and players like everyone else is doing?

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Start with, not putting on subs until 15 minutes left. Try, not giving Cummings enough game time. Are we paying his wages to warm the bench?! What about subing players who go MIA, when there's players on the bench waiting to burst a gut. What does that do for moral? Giving a keeper an extended contract who is second rate? I could go on.

He is as one dimensional as MW and will not change. The mould is set.

See a good decent post when actually talking about the football 

10 minutes ago, gsa said:

Murty is a weak little gimp, as somebody pointed out, would Rodgers swaggered out of the tunnel last and into Rangers technical area, to surprise Walter Smith with a hug from behind? I doubt it.

Pathetic little man. Too scared to do anything decisive. Never a Rangers manager. The lack of balls on the pitch reflects the lack of balls in the dug out. 

Did that actually happen? Fuck sake :megaanguish:

22 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I dont know if I agree with that though.

Most of his fuck ups came in the games against the supposed cannon fodder, he has sorted this out for the most part.

John McGinns goal was the exact same as Rogics. 

22 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If the right man becomes available in the summer it's a no brainer. 

who would that be mate?

Not being a dick, but who IYO could have done a better job than Murty has done in the time he has had?

We went from being utterly hopeless, with none of the fans confident that we could go out and win games ( under Warburton and Pedro)  to "almost" title contenders and a fanbase who fuly epected the team to go out and beat the Champions of Scotland. 

personally I think Murty had done pretty well since getting the gig full time, he has had a feelgood factor running about the club again, players looking confident, playing well and scoring for fun....fans confident, players signing on for longer.   

I think as a fanbase we focus way too much on the negatives ( which is understandable after the 6 years we have had) and unless we try to change that mentality amongst ourselves, then every manager that ever takes over in the future is going to get the same treatement.

I am fully behind Murty, I think he has done enough to at least warrant another years contract as manager.

I agree, we've all seen what happens to clubs that chop and change managers when they are not where they think they should be after 6 months. It seems like a vicious circle with them, the more they chop and change the less likely a good manager who can break the circle will want to come in.

33 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Last year we finished 39 points behind celtic and 9 behind aberdeen.

We have closed the gap considerably, and even more importantly, they are getting worse.

It is not an easy thing to bridge that financial gap they have due to the free run they have had at the CL for 6 years. It cant be done overnight.

I am still seeing improvements, and whilst we are improving, I think it would be foolish to cast away this in the hope for a miracle which has a bigger chance of setting us back.

It's not in hope of any miracle. It's reality. It's six years and we remain a mile off them and they aint that good.

Financially we rob Peter to pay Paul and  face our biggest crisis since our crash in the coming weeks, awaiting our messiah deciding if he complies with COS/TAB.

Even the bit that Murty  is doing could all come crashing down around us.

Progress has to be made both on and off the park and I witness us stuttering in both departments. 

Reality hit us square on the face yesterday and indeed many of our old weaknesses were once more laid bare. Changes in personnel again needed to up the quality needed to take a title.

Both Morelos and Windass want away to the EPL, as we are obviously not good enough. Fantasists the pair of them. Yet we have a more than capable striker who loves us, but sits warming a bench as we pay his wages, which won't be cheap. I see perfectly just how fucked up we are, with our manager who is trying to develop two players of limited ability, who are not committed to us and will be off at the first chance and don't tell me Morelos just signed an extension, as we all know what that is about and we are now left footing an even bigger wage bill that we cannot afford for the privilage.

So, how long must we be prepared to wait to take the title?

That was the first time in years that we stood toe-to-toe with that mob, and but for two moments of piss-poor defending and some incredibly bad finishing, we would have beat them or at least got the draw.

I can see what Murty is trying to achieve and while I'm as gutted as any other Bear at the result, this match showed us where we need to strengthen and the fact there was no strength in depth due to injuries.

I mean, look at the bench Murty had available. Other than Cummings, who was at his disposal who could have changed the game? Rodgers had Armstrong, a Scotland International, and three class loan players in Musonda (Chelsea), Roberts (Man City) and of course Edouard (PSG ffs!) who came on and won it for them.

17 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Whos the right man? Who would you like it to be realistically? 

MPH is still available. 

17 minutes ago, gogzy said:

who would that be mate?

Not being a dick, but who IYO could have done a better job than Murty has done in the time he has had?

We went from being utterly hopeless, with none of the fans confident that we could go out and win games ( under Warburton and Pedro)  to "almost" title contenders and a fanbase who fuly epected the team to go out and beat the Champions of Scotland. 

personally I think Murty had done pretty well since getting the gig full time, he has had a feelgood factor running about the club again, players looking confident, playing well and scoring for fun....fans confident, players signing on for longer.   

I think as a fanbase we focus way too much on the negatives ( which is understandable after the 6 years we have had) and unless we try to change that mentality amongst ourselves, then every manager that ever takes over in the future is going to get the same treatement.

I am fully behind Murty, I think he has done enough to at least warrant another years contract as manager.

Don't get me wrong I'm still behind Murty and not calling for his head, yet. 

He has until the end of the season to convince me and the rest of us that he's the man to stop 10IAR, his inability to change games with subs and some of his tactics at times are infuriating. 

Warburton got slated for exactly the same reasons six months into his tenure before all it collapsed a year later. 

And I've posted this in another thread, but let's all remember that the board turned down Gary Rowett and hired Caixinha, there are good managers out there who we can attract. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

MPH is still available. 

Don't get me wrong I'm still behind Murty and not calling for his head, yet. 

He has until the end of the season to convince me and the rest of us that he's the man to stop 10IAR, his inability to change games with subs and some of his tactics at times are infuriating. 

Warburton got slated for exactly the same reasons six months into his tenure before all it collapsed a year later. 

And I've posyed this in another thread, but let's all remember that the board turned down Gary Rowett and hired Caixinha, there are good managers out there who we can attract. 

I think its clear that we are going down the British route and thats understandable  

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

There is no better man available  in Scotland atm.Maybe even the UK.

I think he has the job full time but its no been announced yet

Well not one that we could afford.

Murty is doing ok  on limited resources and the players brought in have improved us, but I'm getting the impression of the glass ceiling being hit just like MW. Similar blind spots for players and a playing system. Unable or unwilling to change things.

Brenda saw right through us. Pulled us back from leading twice at home and then he puts two up front with ten men and we get shredded. That's as bad as it gets and not to mention Murty's blind spot on sub's.

I'm afraid Murty is looking like another one dimensional manager. 

I now await others to exploit the weaknesses that were laid bare again, just like under MW.