Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

This thread has gone to the dogs.

At the end of the day do we care what religion the guy practices? If he leads us to success I don’t give a shit what god (if any) he worships.

Can the Dalai Lama rally our troops to boot the Lego Eater’s baws next season?

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, gj923 said:

FFS some of the stuff about investment and signings have been as believable as sky fairies

Tbf i would probably believe my eyes more if the lord Jesus Christ answered the door at my next job than i would reading any shite about investmenrs and signings put out by King and his crew.

11 minutes ago, hugonot said:

yes but thats it in a nutshell "if" and its a big if at best, too much of a gamble we cant afford that now

Agree he's a huge gamble.

My preference would have been for an experienced manager.

But it's clear after 7 months that king and co can't get one. IMO no experienced manager will touch us with king there. 

That leaves us with this gamble. I really hope Gerrard can be the spark to get us back on top. But I have my doubts. 

11 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Fucking shut up about the vague differences between two equally stupid fucking religions that only simpletons believe in.

Take it to the OT if you want to talk about imaginary sky fairies and leave this for talk about our potential new manager.

Is there a "dislike" button anywhere for this kind of post?

3 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Is there a "dislike" button anywhere for this kind of post?

Quite offensive wasn't it.

I find the biggest bigots going are actually atheists with attitudes like that.

37 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

This is correct, for some reason people on here think English prods are these superb protestants when it's so far from the truth.

Absolute bollocks and tbh most people in England don’t care who is catholic or Protestant.

It's only Scottish Catholics I'd stay well clear of anyway them cunts are evil and can't be trusted. They have zero dignity or morale fibres.

English people don't really bother me unless your somecunt like Chris Sutton but he's the exception to the rule, same way someone like a wee McCann up here being the exception to the Scottish Catholics.

Is Steven Gerrard the right man for Rangers?

Keith Jackson: Only if he brings his boots with him.

Gavin Berry: There is a risk in appointing any manager but it’s just too big a gamble to give the job to someone with no managerial experience. The club can’t attract a big name boss so are opting for a big name player instead but it’s the wrong move.

Gordon Parks: It’s a huge gamble to give someone with no experience of management a job which requires such root and branch surgery. It’s not a celebrity name they need, it’s a strong leader who will clear out a dressing room and fill it with winners and it remains to be seen if Gerrard has those credentials.

Michael Gannon: The question should be is Gerrard a miracle worker? It’s a massive risk chucking in a rookie when the rebuilding job is off the scale. Rangers are in a tough market for managers though and his reputation alone would command respect and attract players. Without backing he’ll need to be to be the new Pep.

What is the biggest priority for the new Ibrox boss?

KJ: Where on earth do you start? Another mass clear-out is required along with a wholesale recruitment drive. On yesterday’s evidence a net spent of £20m still wouldn’t be enough to get Rangers close. If Dave King can’t make those sort of funds available then the next manager won’t stand a chance.

GB: Where do you start? Yet another summer clear out is required and laying some solid foundations upon which a title challenge can be mounted is what is needed. The new man needs serious cash for quality additions but are funds available?

GP: Read the riot act. He’ll have to have a brutal cull and discard a host of big earners who aren’t anywhere near the quality of the club needs.

You can start with the entire side which shamed the jersey yesterday. The new manager must develop a base in his team which doesn’t disintegrate at the first sign of adversity.

MG: Emptying the place out. The new boss will have to mop up the mess made by half a dozen dud transfer windows in a row. This squad hasn’t got the talent or the stomach to be Rangers players so it’s a complete overhaul required.

Archived