Dave King Press Conference on Monday

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What’s paying the bills if we spend that on the transfer budget. 

Take time?? we are 3 years into a 4 to 5 year plan. 

Bit like the front loaded 50/30 million over 4 years.

‘My view of what it will take to make Rangers competitive again is bottom end £30m but probably £50m — over the next four years.

‘From the discussions I have to date I think there are other people who would come with me.

‘But I would say I would probably have to put in £30m of the £50m over the period of time. And I could probably get other people to put in £20m.

‘Would I be willing to invest £30m despite what happened previously? Of course. Sure.’

......... -Dave King, March 2014.

And yet some still believe this guy can be taken at face value. 

Our best hope is that some of those mentioned in the many rumours are willing to buy him out and invest. Because as it stands we simply will not invest enough to compete. 

I do wonder if Gerrard has been fooled the same way as so many bears have been by King over the years.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

‘My view of what it will take to make Rangers competitive again is bottom end £30m but probably £50m — over the next four years.

‘From the discussions I have to date I think there are other people who would come with me.

‘But I would say I would probably have to put in £30m of the £50m over the period of time. And I could probably get other people to put in £20m.

‘Would I be willing to invest £30m despite what happened previously? Of course. Sure.’

And yet so.e still believe this guy can be taken at face value. 

Our best hope is that some of those mentioned in the many rumours are willing to buy him out and invest. Because as it stands we simply will not invest enough to compete. 

I do wonder if Gerrard has been fooled the same way as so many bears have been by King over the years.

I really hope not mate, if we fuck around with Gerrard we might as well just give up the ghost of ever having a serious manager at Rangers. 

If I understand the BBC report on King's press briefing, the new funding/investment is required to meet UEFA's licensing requirements rather than anything to do with investing in the team.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44030906

And King says he will increase his personal investment in the club.

“I have to do that, I have already done that, in advance of next season,” he said. “Because we continue to run at a deficit, deliberately, we have to satisfy the licensing authorities, the SFA, Uefa, that you have sufficient funds to fund your deficit.

“So we have had to give cash guarantees in advance of next season. So whether we raised money in a rights issue or not, we are in for the money, I am in for the money, I am underpinning the cash. The club is fully funded for next season.”

1 minute ago, Capital Blu said:

If I understand the BBC report on King's press briefing, the new funding/investment is required to meet UEFA's licensing requirements rather than anything to do with investing in the team.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44030906

Are you of the opinion that the rights issue money is effectively the money King pledged to cover our shortfall (or a chunk of it) when getting accounts signed off?

10 minutes ago, gj923 said:

aye and I think the thought that if Gerrard does not get 10/15/20m he walks is mad.

Reading on The Sun website there King has confirmed he’s hoping to raise 6-million from new share issue and no outside investment planned. 

I’m sorry but if that’s not a wake up call to everyone then I don’t know what is. 

If Gerrard has had the assurances upto 6 million and he’s happy with that then more fool him because it doesn’t scratch the surface. 

Your comment is amazing as far as I’m concerned because I think you are living a fantasy if you think Gerrard can transform these players (they should all be gone as they are losers) and you think we can get some loans like him from PSG and Roberts. 

There is none so blind as those who refuse to see (or however it’s worded)

We are masters of self delusion - your comment epitomises that in droves.

One day 100% of the support will finally wake up 

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Are you of the opinion that the rights issue money is effectively the money King pledged to cover our shortfall (or a chunk of it) when getting accounts signed off?

I'm not certain about that aspect of it.  However, UEFA (and possibly the SFA), may have put the club on notice that they must fund the deficit (£6m?) in line with UEFA monitoring periods at the end of June and the end of September in order to avoid sanctions. 

"I have to do that, I have already done that, in advance of next season," he said. "Because we continue to run at a deficit, deliberately, we have to satisfy the licensing authorities, the SFA, Uefa, that you have sufficient funds to fund your deficit.

"So we have had to give cash guarantees in advance of next season. So whether we raised money in a rights issue or not, we are in for the money, I am in for the money, I am underpinning the cash. The club is fully funded for next season."

29 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

And yet some still believe this guy can be taken at face value. 

The man is a habitual liar. 

Gerrard will find that out soon enough If not already after today.

Since all this talk of major investment has sparked off some wide ranging speculation how about chucking another totally wild and random theory into the melting pot.  According to the STV news  their report states "However, the South Africa-based businessman said no external investment is currently in the pipeline.".     But Gerrard is not now external is he?   Maybe Gerrard is prepared to put some money in, in return for being appointed as a Director, and with another director of his choosing also appointed to replace the 2 who have just left. An influencing voice on the board as well as being manager?     I base this on absolutely nothing whatsoever other than it being a hot day and nothing else to do but bake up a theory to chuck into the pot of so many wide ranging views on this thread.    

It's absolute nonsense of course, but it can join a lot of the other nonsenses posted about a so-called major investment.    

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Reading on The Sun website there King has confirmed he’s hoping to raise 6-million from new share issue and no outside investment planned. 

I’m sorry but if that’s not a wake up call to everyone then I don’t know what is. 

If Gerrard has had the assurances upto 6 million and he’s happy with that then more fool him because it doesn’t scratch the surface. 

Your comment is amazing as far as I’m concerned because I think you are living a fantasy if you think Gerrard can transform these players (they should all be gone as they are losers) and you think we can get some loans like him from PSG and Roberts. 

It'll take them winning 9 and/or 10 in a row. 

14 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

"I have to do that, I have already done that, in advance of next season," he said. "Because we continue to run at a deficit, deliberately, we have to satisfy the licensing authorities, the SFA, Uefa, that you have sufficient funds to fund your deficit.

"So we have had to give cash guarantees in advance of next season. So whether we raised money in a rights issue or not, we are in for the money, I am in for the money, I am underpinning the cash. The club is fully funded for next season."

Give it a rest you keep with the flow panic and nothing else 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So no club produces accounts giving other clubs an idea what they have to spend. 

If a club bumps up the price walk away there is always another player out there, do that enough times and the penny drops that we won’t be dictated to. 

This pish about hiding what we have to spend is just that pish, King just told anyone wanting to listen we have around 6mill we spent 10mill last season so a logical guess would be around 12mill to spend. 

Oh look that’s the price just went up for any player we fancy. 

Clubs produce account for 6 months and 12 months yes. But it shows spending after the fact E.G Rangers transfer spend for 17/18. 

No club before a transfer window goes out and publically announces to the press there spending budget for the upcoming window. It takes away from your negotiating position. 

Show me 1 club that does this in a press conference? 

End of the day let's see what we spend in the summer before we pass judgment. 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Give it a rest you keep with the flow panic and nothing else 

No ones panicking ffs you’d have to be stupid enough to believe he was telling the truth in the first place to feel let down or panicked

you live in your own wee world anyway where everything’s great so you just stay in your wee safe place then 

today’s been a great day - 6 million (hopefully) the tarriers are shitting it 

36 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

32 minutes ago, Capital Blu said:

I'm not certain about that aspect of it.  However, UEFA (and possibly the SFA), may have put the club on notice that they must fund the deficit (£6m?) in line with UEFA monitoring periods at the end of June and the end of September in order to avoid sanctions. 

28 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

But he's just said that he's funding it, irrelevant of the Rights Issue.

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No and I never thought Gerrard was worth the risk but we have him now so he has my full support. The simple fact is that football clubs don't simply get rid of 15 players under contract and get another 15 to replace them.

I have not believed in any of the ITK posters who where posting millions where going to be invested. 

There is no evidence that Gerrard plans or wants to be a cheque book manager.

Gerrard and McAllister will instil good discipline, fitness and hunger for success in the current squad and any that dont buy into that will not be part of the squad.

As long as he is here I would envisage Liverpool giving us one or two loans each year the like's that celtic have had in the last few years. The type of players that will be potentially worth 15/20m in a few years not the likes of Sean Goss.

Several players will be bought - of a very high quality for the SPL and every one knows that transfers can be spread over several years so 5/6m can go a good way.

A few out of contract players the likes of which Gerrard can attract but pedro/murty could not will come.

The hope is that with the increased profile the club will seriously grow other parts of the club so that the team can be built upon next year.

This obviously assumes that Gerrard can actually manage....if he cant no amount of money will really help.

26 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Do you honestly think Gerrard is only going to have £6m?

59 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

I think this 11pm thing is a made up story 

just saying 

I have not read all this thread mate, do you know where the 11pm embargo came from, was it a quote or an itk person just saying it and growing wings?????

Just now, gj923 said:

No and I never thought Gerrard was worth the risk but we have him now so he has my full support. The simple fact is that football clubs don't simply get rid of 15 players under contract and get another 15 to replace them.

I have not believed in any of the ITK posters who where posting millions where going to be invested. 

There is no evidence that Gerrard plans or wants to be a cheque book manager.

Gerrard and McAllister will instil good discipline, fitness and hunger for success in the current squad and any that dont buy into that will not be part of the squad.

As long as he is here I would envisage Liverpool giving us one or two loans each year the like's that celtic have had in the last few years. The type of players that will be potentially worth 15/20m in a few years not the likes of Sean Goss.

Several players will be bought - of a very high quality for the SPL and every one knows that transfers can be spread over several years so 5/6m can go a good way.

A few out of contract players the likes of which Gerrard can attract but pedro/murty could not will come.

The hope is that with the increased profile the club will seriously grow other parts of the club so that the team can be built upon next year.

This obviously assumes that Gerrard can actually manage....if he cant no amount of money will really help.

Again it’s all very utopian and optimistic beyond belief and in no way realistic. We’ve learned nothing - literally nothing.

4 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Do you honestly think Gerrard is only going to have £6m?

Might be a wee bit more than that but unless its 20 it won’t be anywhere near enough - we could only get to that number with external investment which he’s said won’t be happening so I shudder to think what the actual net spend will be 

Unless he takes this 6 million and gives him all 15 million from season ticket sales and him and directors obsorb the ruining costs - if they done that then I’ll be the first to praise them but that won’t happen either.

its a serious case of dejavu every summer and the unconditional optimism keep appearing from people who never learn and should know better 

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No ones panicking ffs you’d have to be stupid enough to believe he was telling the truth in the first place to feel let down or panicked

you live in your own wee world anyway where everything’s great so you just stay in your wee safe place then 

today’s been a great day - 6 million (hopefully) the tarriers are shitting it 

Plenty are bricking it for no reason nothing in terms of budgets has changed from this point last night so I just don't get it? Why are people saying Gerrard has 6million

Archived