Dave King Press Conference on Monday

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are people equating raising £6m in a share issue with ‘Gerrard is getting £6m to spend’? The later hasn’t been said at all. 

No share issue last year and Pedro spent between £5-8m (depending on who’s reporting you believe). 

Mental people think we’d come out and announce we’ve £Xm to spend. 

17 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Clubs produce account for 6 months and 12 months yes. But it shows spending after the fact E.G Rangers transfer spend for 17/18. 

No club before a transfer window goes out and publically announces to the press there spending budget for the upcoming window. It takes away from your negotiating position. 

Show me 1 club that does this in a press conference? 

End of the day let's see what we spend in the summer before we pass judgment. 

Nobody has asked for a budget, but we would’ve had a good idea from the so called investment announcement. 

So going by that damp squib the other clubs will know we are skint and the price will drop, going the logic on here anyway. 

3 minutes ago, orangecountry said:

Has anyone said anywhere that gerrard will be given 6 million to spend? If not why are folk so fixated on it...?

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Why are people equating raising £6m in a share issue with ‘Gerrard is getting £6m to spend’? The later hasn’t been said at all. 

No share issue last year and Pedro spent between £5-8m (depending on who’s reporting you believe). 

Because there was rumours of Red Bull, Kenway or whatever they were called, the Mint, yer Mone lady, Chinese, Singapore, Hong Kong etc etc.  Most likely all started by taigs as well. 

Gerrard's lawyers have asked for and received binding agreements on funding. 

Do I believe it's just lies from King to somehow for some reason placid the support for a few months until it really goes tits up, well no actually I don't!

Knew the forum would be mental tonight :lol:

4 minutes ago, Widget said:

So....have we got money to invest in players or no?

I'm checking my overdraft as I type, i'll get back to you soon. 

Apart from that, what do you think, Gerrard gonna fund them himself?

22 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Because we need a 20/30 mill spend on the squad. 

It isn’t coming from what the club makes and it isn’t coming from the current shareholders. 

So we need every penny we can get from the rights issue. 

This place is full of actual spastics fucking 20 odd pages of people who can't actually read evidently and genuinely think the transfer budget is only £6m despite 1) King not actually saying that and 2) King - while being a bit of a mongo in football club running terms - not being that much of a fucking spastic as a businessman.

Christ I could feel my IQ dropping the further through the thread I got.

34 minutes ago, LochendBilly said:

There will be no extra cash to spend on players, we will need to free up wages and sell on before buying. Anyone that thinks King and co will pony up more money are deluding themselves. The cunt is a waste of oxygen.

Thanks very much for that. 

4 minutes ago, Broxi95 said:

This place is full of actual spastics fucking 20 odd pages of people who can't actually read evidently and genuinely think the transfer budget is only £6m despite 1) King not actually saying that and 2) King - while being a bit of a mongo in football club running terms - not being that much of a fucking spastic as a businessman.

I'm with you, Broxi :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, beararse said:

that’s undeniable but the point i was making is that none of us know the real figures so there is little point stating otherwise.

There is a rumour/lies going round that Gerrards lawyers have a binding agreement on funding on this very thread yet King said money wasn't discussed, he will most likely get the same as Pedro(at least) well I'd like to think so.

13 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Because we need a 20/30 mill spend on the squad. 

It isn’t coming from what the club makes and it isn’t coming from the current shareholders. 

So we need every penny we can get from the rights issue. 

Rights

Just now, danger ranger said:

There is a rumour/lies going round that Gerrards lawyers have a binding agreement on funding on this very thread yet King said money wasn't discussed, he will most likely get the same as Pedro(at least) well I'd like to think so.

Esky posted it a day or so ago, is a he a liar?

5 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

SG will get a shitload - this is shit or bust my friend.

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

Esky posted it a day or so ago, is a he a liar?

Let him prove it then, Lawyers getting proof of funding,( doesn't Gerrard trust King:sarcasm:) , a load of fucking bollocks, the only money available is whats been generated by the club and thats not going to be much given the history of money over the last two seasons.

22 minutes ago, Broxi95 said:

I am curious though(haven' been on here for a long while), King mentioned in 2012 that there was £30M or so on offer, somewhat. Was this spanning over this last 6 years? Or am I really being er...thick? 

It's a serious question from this "spastic" (nice words by the way)

Hope this doesn't affect your IQ further. I am interested in regaining some updated knowledge from Bears ITK ;) 

2 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

I am curious though(haven' been on here for a long while), King mentioned in 2012 that there was £30M or so on offer, somewhat. Was this spanning over this last 6 years? Or am I really being er...thick? 

It's a serious question from this "spastic" (nice words by the way)

Hope this doesn't affect your IQ further. I am interested in regaining some updated knowledge from Bears ITK ;) 

4 years. March 2014. Failed to happen.. 

9 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Let him prove it then, Lawyers getting proof of funding,( doesn't Gerrard trust King:sarcasm:) , a load of fucking bollocks, the only money available is whats been generated by the club and thats not going to be much given the history of money over the last two seasons.

I don't think Esky would just have made it up, so doubt it's a load of bollocks or lies as per your previous post.

Gerrard and his lawyers seem happy with it, i'd say they know more about it than you or me.

So we'll just have to wait and see, I suppose ... 

26 minutes ago, Broxi95 said:

Calm down.

Archived