RFC Manager

15 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Fuck this couple of seasons nonsense, I expect the title this season anything less is failure. 

Patience is not a luxury you get at Rangers mate.   

Have you been living under a rock since 2012.

We’ve lurked from one managerial disaster to another since Sir Walter retired.

Gerrard will be a great Manager. But we’ll shoot ourselves in the foot if we start demanding he wins the league in his first season as a manager.

Full time senior management is on a completely different planet to youth football.

Instead of a team of eager young guys willing to learn, you’ll have seasoned pros with egos, there’ll be moaners, older players who can’t be arsed some days. On top of that you’ve got injuries, contracts, media duties, meetings with the board. This season there’s an early start and possible fixture congestion with Europe. The pressure of being in the Glasgow goldfish bowl (Liverpool rivalries are nothing like up here).

That said, he’s a winner and might (emphasis on might) just do it.

54 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

As said in another thread, I'm more optimistic of SG compared to the others though.  He appears to tick the boxes in terms of what he is looking to gain and the winners mentality appears to be there as well which is a lot more than the complacent nonsense we were constantly having to listen to before.  

Talking about a winning mentality is one thing let's see if it translates over to the pitch.  

1.thumb.PNG.d4d1b85b90b1de35814c74beec3b5dfc.PNG2.thumb.PNG.389d69514456a0f23984d3aa84a4eebe.PNG3.thumb.PNG.a9f749d102de8ce66a0e2617d1a8a664.PNG4.thumb.PNG.a61ffb119cd4f3599f55fd277397c41c.PNG5.thumb.PNG.6e5a8b48c36947fa855850b5db9f8ae3.PNG

3 minutes ago, gersandy said:

Have you been living under a rock since 2012.

We’ve lurked from one managerial disaster to another since Sir Walter retired.

Gerrard will be a great Manager. But we’ll shoot ourselves in the foot if we start demanding he wins the league in his first season as a manager.

Full time senior management is on a completely different planet to youth football.

Instead of a team of eager young guys willing to learn, you’ll have seasoned pros with egos, there’ll be moaners, older players who can’t be arsed some days. On top of that you’ve got injuries, contracts, media duties, meetings with the board. This season there’s an early start and possible fixture congestion with Europe. The pressure of being in the Glasgow goldfish bowl (Liverpool rivalries are nothing like up here).

That said, he’s a winner and might (emphasis on might) just do it.

Full of excuses mate

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Nupe he needs to swim not sink - he’s not getting years to learn his trade (or shouldn’t) that’s an appalling outlook imo 

So what time do we give him then? Weren't you happy to get McInnes to get 2nd then build?

What would be acceptable for Gerrard?

3 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Full of excuses mate

Listen mate. I want the same as you. I just worry what will happen if Gerrard isn’t a success.

This appointment was so crucial after Warburton and Pedro. Yes it’s Gerrard, as unbelievable as it is. Fantastic player, one of the best of his generation. But we don’t know if he’s any good as a manager yet.

He’s done 3 things right so far.

1. Bring back McGregor

2. Get in Arfield 

3. Brought in a new defence.

A ball hasn’t been kicked yet though.

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

too many folk are just startstruck over Gerrard

if they are miles ahead by Christmas and we are out of Europe and the Cups then he'll be binned and rightly so

the most worrying thing is that King is probably more star struck than some fans and wont do what needs done if it does need done

i hope he does well but just because hes Steven Gerrard doesnt mean he deserves special treatment, Rangers success of more far more importance than Gerrards managerial career, all this pish about 2 or 3 seasons now is nonsense, we should be seriously challenging this season and i expect us to win it next season otherwise its just another failure

he shouldnt have any more wiggle room than any other manager

Good post, Willis.

The way the attitude of we need a proven manager to being happy with a manager who has never manager an actual team in his career just because he was a good footballer is stupid. Still hope to fuck I'm wrong though, and he is good

41 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

So what time do we give him then? Weren't you happy to get McInnes to get 2nd then build?

What would be acceptable for Gerrard?

It’s went beyond that - I was happy to get McInnes, take second and have a couple of years challenging - we haven’t done that we’ve finished 3rd behind him 

I wish you’re memory was so fucking good it included the context the comments were made in 

I don’t know how long Gerrard should get - it depends on what we see and how we think we are improving but we both know fine well if he’s a flop he will get years due to the “Gerrard effect”

End of the day it matters not a fuck who the man is be it Gerrard or Murry. If anyone looks beyond that they are delusional.

if the manager is winning making us seriously challenge for titles and winning cups then it's a success however if he wins fuck all and we continue to let them ride us then he should get chased like the previous failures.

This isn't a club to learn your trade and make mistakes for the long term goal, he knew that when he took the job. Rangers is about instant success and fighting toe to toe for silverware and if we aren't doing that then we are nothing at all. 

The time to bed a manager in was the lower leagues but it didn't work, the board choose to choose a rookie for an instant response so it's on their heads of we don't get the instant response required. Steven Gerrard will know this, 2nd is failure no matter how folk dress it up. 

Thats the pressures of our club

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It’s went beyond that - I was happy to get McInnes, take second and have a couple of years challenging - we haven’t done that we’ve finished 3rd behind him 

I wish you’re memory was so fucking good it included the context the comments were made in 

I don’t know how long Gerrard should get - it depends on what we see and how we think we are improving but we both know fine well if he’s a flop he will get years due to the “Gerrard effect”

What made it go beyond that? seeing as you have been complaining the investment hasn't been there? Or haven't you? So what's different between Gerrard and McInnes? If Gerrard finishes 2nd is that enough for you?

I couldn't give 2 fucks what context it was said in tbh, if you didn't mean it you surely wouldn't have said it.

6 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Won't happen at Rangers.

If we are miles behind them and not winning trophies he will be binned like anyone else. 

We don't give managers time when we are struggling especially not now they every league lost is a hammer blow 

I don’t think we have option mate. A 4 year contract says that..

fuck it. I’m all on

11 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

What made it go beyond that? seeing as you have been complaining the investment hasn't been there? Or haven't you? So what's different between Gerrard and McInnes? If Gerrard finishes 2nd is that enough for you?

I couldn't give 2 fucks what context it was said in tbh, if you didn't mean it you surely wouldn't have said it.

Ok so you don’t know what context even means 

roaster 

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Of course i do.

Mongoloid.

You obviously don’t when you are saying to me I said a season ago that I wanted the manager who’s guided a team above us twice past two years, to get us second, a year ago to have 1 year consolidation and Dave King to come good with his investment promises and progress from that and eventually stop 10 in a row - that’s the context that you’ve left out 

past month or two you’ve turned into a complete wank on here - dunno if like dan deacon your sperm count is non existant or your stressed at work but you’ve turned into a total wank - maybe get the old you back one day 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

You obviously don’t when you are saying to me I said a season ago that I wanted the manager who’s guided a team above us twice past two years, to get us second, a year ago to have 1 year consolidation and Dave King to come good with his investment promises and progress from that and eventually stop 10 in a row - that’s the context that you’ve left out 

past month or two you’ve turned into a complete wank on here - dunno if like dan deacon your sperm count is non existant or your stressed at work but you’ve turned into a total wank - maybe get the old you back one day 

:tu:

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Obviously do ya absolute dumpling, can't be bothered discussing contexts when i can stick to the facts and that's what you said, isn't it?

I've turned into a wank? Have a wee read at your contributions last night in the Docherty thread and you will see a wank.