Possible Ufa forfeit

beararse

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, miracle said:

Small point of contention: I don't belief it is possible to fly direct from Moscow to Scotland, you need to change in Frankfurt which takes a couple of hours in and of itself.  And then you're landing in Edinburgh.

Edinburgh to London ?

13 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Yes the flight time is about 7 hours or 5 from Moscow and surely they won’t do a training session after a flight 

You could be right even an early morning flight with a 2 hour time difference in their favour they would get to hotel in Glasgow at noon at best. They could then get say 6 hours sleep and then have an evening training session, but as you say not ideal. 

6 minutes ago, Brubear said:

You could be right even an early morning flight with a 2 hour time difference in their favour they would get to hotel in Glasgow at noon at best. They could then get say 6 hours sleep and then have an evening training session, but as you say not ideal. 

I wonder if UFA have an astro park

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I thought all teams used charters mate, but when miracle brought it up I had to think about it for a minute or two. 

I've been on commercial flights with the Rangers team a number of times in the past.  Not that I was guest of honour or anything, I just happened to be on the same flight!  I don't think clubs just charter flights willy nilly if they can get away with it.

1 minute ago, miracle said:

I've been on commercial flights with the Rangers team a number of times in the past.  Not that I was guest of honour or anything, I just happened to be on the same flight!  I don't think clubs just charter flights willy nilly if they can get away with it.

I genuinely did not know that mate, I just assumed the timing of games etc would not really work out, but I bow to your greater knowledge. :thumbup: 

5 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I wonder if UFA have an astro park

It's made out of the same stuff the make Glocks out of so players don't go in for a sliding challenge and get stuck to it in the winter.

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I genuinely did not know that mate, I just assumed the timing of games etc would not really work out, but I bow to your greater knowledge. :thumbup: 

Aye it's a surreal feeling waiting on the baggage carousel with Andy Goram to one side of you and Mark Hateley to the other, all resplendent in their club ties and blazers.  That being said this was always at major European destinations like Amsterdam and Athens so maybe they would make alternative arrangements for something more remote.

12 minutes ago, miracle said:

Aye it's a surreal feeling waiting on the baggage carousel with Andy Goram to one side of you and Mark Hateley to the other, all resplendent in their club ties and blazers.  That being said this was always at major European destinations like Amsterdam and Athens so maybe they would make alternative arrangements for something more remote.

Hopefully they do for this one, on the way back at least. 

Would of happily went through on a forfeit tbh, due to the old firm a few days later/ the amount I spend on a European night at Ibrox with taxis, drink etc. 

It's good for the fans that have booked up for the away leg already, though. 

Imagine booking up for a place like Ufa, and either being £££s out of pocket, or having to take a pointless trip there.

26 minutes ago, miracle said:

:thumbup:

7 minutes ago, GT66 said:

Hopefully they do for this one, on the way back at least. 

Would of happily went through on a forfeit tbh, due to the old firm a few days later/ the amount I spend on a European night at Ibrox with taxis, drink etc. 

It's good for the fans that have booked up for the away leg already, though. 

Imagine booking up for a place like Ufa, and either being £££s out of pocket, or having to take a pointless trip there.

I've been to Russia in the past which is how I know about having to change at Frankfurt.  Really knocked it out of me by the time I was home, can't imagine playing an old firm after that trek.  The visa was no hassle though, I dropped off my passport at the Embassy in Edinburgh first thing in the morning and collected it after lunch.  

Didn't we play Vladivostok under Souness which is almost as far East as Japan? The tie was played in Germany if I remember correctly, how on earth that's a European tie even by UEFA standards is anyone's guess.

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

You say pedant like it's a bad thing. Small details tend to matter. Withdrawing an individuals media access doesn't have the same purpose as outright banning an entire media outlet. If McLaughlin wants to attend Ibrox he can pay his way in (like some of his colleagues do).

I was trying for flippant ( hence the :pipe: ) 

but being a good pendant you responded pedantically :pipe: 

10 minutes ago, miracle said:

Didn't we play Vladivostok under Souness which is almost as far East as Japan? The tie was played in Germany if I remember correctly, how on earth that's a European tie even by UEFA standards is anyone's guess.

How can somewhere in Russia be as Far East as Japan if Japan is a group of islands in the sea? ? do you maybe mean China?

theres bits of Kazakhstan which are bordering China to be fair.

13 minutes ago, miracle said:

I've been to Russia in the past which is how I know about having to change at Frankfurt.  Really knocked it out of me by the time I was home, can't imagine playing an old firm after that trek.  The visa was no hassle though, I dropped off my passport at the Embassy in Edinburgh first thing in the morning and collected it after lunch.  

That took some doing as the Russian Embassy is in London.

1 minute ago, JentleJames said:

How can somewhere in Russia be as Far East as Japan if Japan is an island in the Asian sea? ? do you maybe mean China?

theres bits of Kazakhstan which are bordering China to be fair.

The farthest east point of Russia is considerably further east than Japan

Archived