Villarreal away - wits the plans?

GOAT

2 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

Aye sorry mate I fucked that ?

in my head my first night is the wednesday so had that date in. you are fucked. Sleep in a bin 

?? It's alrite. Boys from our bus have hired an 8 seater so might have space back for us so I'd just extend our hotel in valencia by a night or get somewhere more central for second night 

On 01/09/2018 at 19:51, Dickie1963 said:

Villarreal away in 2006 was my favourite European away gig. Valencia main square was mental all day. 

We hired a bus at a cost of €450 and told everyone who would care to listen to come with us to match from our hotel. Bus was an hour late I thought we were going to get lynched. Made €10 euros profit between 4 on bus.

Flew from Glasgow to Bristol the day before and met the Cardiff lads there off to Valencia in the morning. Plane had to get deiced at Bristol 23 degrees in Valencia.

If only Boydy had stuck that chance away at the end !!!

Just wondered if this might be of interest to you (I've put a 'Z' in at the beginning to hopefully stop the entire article appearing here).

Zhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/4778246.stm

On 01/09/2018 at 08:31, tannerall said:

My Dad watched Real Madrid play us 54 years ago and they were pretty good. 

I was at that game and they were "pretty good" on the night, but we played them off the park, yet lost to a breakaway goal around the 86th minute. Jim Forrest could have had a hat-trick; Ralphie Brand hit the post, and Jim Baxter played arguably the best game ever in his Rangers career. Unfortunately, Real decided to move up the gears from "pretty good" to "fucking unplayable" in the return leg in Madrid and gave us an absolute pasting 7-0 on aggregate.

3 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I was at that game and they were "pretty good" on the night, but we played them off the park, yet lost to a breakaway goal around the 86th minute. Jim Forrest could have had a hat-trick; Ralphie Brand hit the post, and Jim Baxter played arguably the best game ever in his Rangers career. Unfortunately, Real decided to move up the gears from "pretty good" to "fucking unplayable" in the return leg in Madrid and gave us an absolute pasting 7-0 on aggregate.

Remember my Dad showing me a video of the 1st Leg game as a kid.

Always remember the disabled cars parked out the front of the now Govan stand.

8 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Remember my Dad showing me a video of the 1st Leg game as a kid.

Always remember the disabled cars parked out the front of the now Govan stand.

Yea mate, the invalid cars were lined up in front of the Derry, basically from the 18 yard boxes back in those days. Wee ice blue fibreglass bodies that went around 5 mph if I remember correctly. I would love to see a full replay of that match because I am positive we deserved to win that game by a margin, although the way they butchered us in the 2nd leg, we would have still got knocked out.

Their performance in Madrid (Puskas in particular) certainly brought us back to reality, considering we had supporters (and media) who thought we could beat them in Madrid.  I don't know what was the biggest shock; them thumping us 6-0, or them getting beaten 3-1 in the final against Internazionale.

3 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Got my Real Madrid vs Roma ticket sorted. 

Any idea of when Villarreal will release their home allocations? My company has an office in Madrid and I am gonna try get someone from that office buy me tickets. 

wit the fuck you slabberin aboot 

6 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Got my Real Madrid vs Roma ticket sorted. 

Any idea of when Villarreal will release their home allocations? My company has an office in Madrid and I am gonna try get someone from that office buy me tickets. 

They were briefly on sale yesterday but have been taken down. Must have been too many from Scotland ordering them :lol: