**Official Football Manager 19 thread**

MrMeeseeks

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just won promotion to The Championship with Oxford with 2 games to go, won the checkatrade trophy as well.

Initial budget is about £3m and that's going to be tough to stay in the Championship with but looking forward to the challenge. 4 of my regular starters are loans and I'm trying to get them all back for next season as all have done well, think the limit on loans is 4 which will mean everyone I bring in will need to be permenant.

Managed to get a bit more money and pretty happy with what I've done

Brought in Jack Whatmough, Luke Garbutt on loan again Josh Scowen, Ricky Holmes on a permenant deal, Matty Taylor on a permenant deal, Billy Sharp and Jack Marriott

The strikers took up most of my budget but was needed, Taylor scored about 20 between January and May last season when I brought him in but didn't have much more. Think only 2 other players got into double figures and one was Jamie Mackie and he was injured from about January onwards. 

Went with a 4-3-3 last season but think I'm going to switch to a 3-5-2 this season.

Just got 2nd promotion in 2 years with Queen's Park. Next season will be Championship football 😂

Near enough my entire team are wanted and with them all being amateur, I'll no doubt lose all of them!

I've enjoyed the save but it's so frustrating losing talent, especially youth. For the first time ever I received the youth intake with the message that these players are a golden generation for the club. Gave five 16 year olds their debuts from that intake and lost them all within 10 games!

I started a Queens Park save too. Billy Mortimer is a legend first season.

Got beat in the play offs by Clyde after an end of season collapse and started the 2nd season badly so took the Doncaster job but no touched it since 

I used the create a club option and built my own Rangers team using promising u21 players the only problem is every 6 months all of Europe's big clubs come and cherry pick my players ..... but with some perseverance and three rebuilds layer  I finally won the UCL in the 4th season bearing Liverpool 3-1.

19 hours ago, ready1873 said:

I started a Queens Park save too. Billy Mortimer is a legend first season.

Got beat in the play offs by Clyde after an end of season collapse and started the 2nd season badly so took the Doncaster job but no touched it since 

I've started season 3 by topping my League Cup group but just lost Kris Doolan. Pretty much every youngster has been taken by the likes of Hamilton and Dunfermline.

Got interest in about 8 of my players and the league hasn't even started. Then again I was shocked that the likes of Ness, Hodson, Rossiter (new signing this season), Ridgers, Welsh etc would come and play for nothing.

I've just turned down the Dundee job who are in the same league, looked interesting but fancied a crack at the Championship with this team.

1 minute ago, Johnsey said:

I've started season 3 by topping my League Cup group but just lost Kris Doolan. Pretty much every youngster has been taken by the likes of Hamilton and Dunfermline.

Got interest in about 8 of my players and the league hasn't even started. Then again I was shocked that the likes of Ness, Hodson, Rossiter (new signing this season), Ridgers, Welsh etc would come and play for nothing.

I've just turned down the Dundee job who are in the same league, looked interesting but fancied a crack at the Championship with this team.

Have you tried asking to go professional? 

Just now, aird said:

Have you tried asking to go professional? 

No option to, pal.

I think it's hard coded that Queen's Park can't change from amateur status. Although it would be interesting if we somehow got to the Prem if it would change anything, though I doubt it.

We've also just moved to Lesser Hampden, so no more big money Scottish Cup ties at home.

20 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

No option to, pal.

I think it's hard coded that Queen's Park can't change from amateur status. Although it would be interesting if we somehow got to the Prem if it would change anything, though I doubt it.

We've also just moved to Lesser Hampden, so no more big money Scottish Cup ties at home.

Fair enough. Must be hard losing players like that. Been tempted with queen's park before but I'd end up losing interest because of that. 

19th after 12 games. Going to be a long season but would be delighted with 21st and above though. Defensively been brilliant but seriously struggling to score goals. Just came from 3-1 down to draw 3-3 away to Newcastle so hoping that will be a boost to my strikers.

• 2 weeks later...

End of January with Oxford. 20th but with a 6 point cushion between me and 22nd. Home form is really good and is what will keep me up if I stay up, haven't won away yet in the league but just beat Boro away in an FA cup replay on penalties.

On 13/02/2019 at 13:16, wully said:

Cant find the terminate loan option :lol:

What to get rid of Zouma aswell, he's injured for 7 months so I could be doing without his 46k on the wage bill.

Check the loan conditions, most AI teams add the 'Loan cannot be terminated' option.

I took Queen's Park to the promise land with star striker Joe Dodoo 😂 Unfortunately, even though I had no plans of leaving, Rangers came calling. I just can't turn them down even in the AI world!

Just completed a first season quadruple. League, both cups and Europa League. Which brings up two firsts for me; 1 - Never won a quad before and been playing since the CM2 days. 2 - With Hearts reaching the quarters (no idea how) and the scum getting to 2nd Knockout Stage, our co-efficient boost was huge. As of season after next, we will have 2 clubs in the UCL Groups and 1 in the qualifiers! Never had 3 Scottish teams in the Champs League before in my saves.

The only tough thing for me now is that I'm debating quitting the save. As successful as it has been, taking QP to the Prem so quick and Rangers to a first season quadruple just seemed so unrealistic to me. I never have these games with instant success at every club.

EDIT - Graeme Murty was my successor at Queen's Park 😄

31 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

Check the loan conditions, most AI teams add the 'Loan cannot be terminated' option.

I took Queen's Park to the promise land with star striker Joe Dodoo 😂 Unfortunately, even though I had no plans of leaving, Rangers came calling. I just can't turn them down even in the AI world!

Just completed a first season quadruple. League, both cups and Europa League. Which brings up two firsts for me; 1 - Never won a quad before and been playing since the CM2 days. 2 - With Hearts reaching the quarters (no idea how) and the scum getting to 2nd Knockout Stage, our co-efficient boost was huge. As of season after next, we will have 2 clubs in the UCL Groups and 1 in the qualifiers! Never had 3 Scottish teams in the Champs League before in my saves.

The only tough thing for me now is that I'm debating quitting the save. As successful as it has been, taking QP to the Prem so quick and Rangers to a first season quadruple just seemed so unrealistic to me. I never have these games with instant success at every club.

EDIT - Graeme Murty was my successor at Queen's Park 😄

U need to get out more pal 

1 minute ago, Steelydan1690 said:

U need to get out more pal 

Between work and a 10 month old boy to look after, this is all achieved Friday nights when he's asleep 😂

I'd look at that advice for yourself though with the amount of time you spend on this forum 😘

59 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

Between work and a 10 month old boy to look after, this is all achieved Friday nights when he's asleep 😂

I'd look at that advice for yourself though with the amount of time you spend on this forum 😘

I know the feeling bud apart from my wee mans nearly two 😂

I’ve no bought this years might stick of 2017 and have a shot never really played that either ,too much detail and stuff to do in them these days takes forever 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Just got around to buying this. For me FM18 was the worst one ever so hopefully this is better.

No doubt start about 5 different saves by the end of today.

Let me know mate, getting new laptop next week but as you say 18 was brutal

Archived