Lee Wallace

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why did he then decide to play centre back for the ST Johnston goal 🤷‍♂️

No doubt he is lacking sharpness, but Halliday’s contribution to conceding was more telling if you watch it back.  

Was a massive fan of Wallace as a player, and like all supporters he will always have my respect as a man.

However, how the fuck does a professional footballer training for months come back with a paunch like he's showing in the OP's picture?

Genuinely taken a back by how much pace he has lost.

I do feel a bit sorry for Lee, the guy stayed with the club all through the banter years, probably dreaming of a Premier league title and big European nights to come at the end of it. Now we are almost there, he has being lost in the wilderness. 

Get the guy fit and he can still play his part. Brilliant seeing him back, top Rangers man without a doubt.

Lee Wallace fit is either our best lb or the 2nd best lb depending on how much you rate barisic so far but Halliday an flanagan couldn’t lace his boots at lb imo

i like Wallace and no danger you’ll catch me chasing the guy out our club, his days at the club might be coming to an end which is a shame but in the end thats Gerrards decision to make

I get the impression some people would rather have the deserters back in our team than LW an that’s wrong fuck Steve Davis I couldn’t give a fuck about the cunt he fucked off and only thought about himself but if Gerrard signs him I’ll back him and get over my opinion of him, but guys like lee Wallace and Big jig with always be well thought of by me

13 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Lee Wallace fit is either our best lb or the 2nd best lb depending on how much you rate barasic so far but Halliday an flanagan couldn’t lace his boots at lb imo

i like Wallace and no danger you’ll catch me chasing the guy out our club his time may have come which is a shame but in the end thats Gerrards decision to make

I get the impression some people would rather have the deserters back in our team than LW an that’s wrong fuck Steve Davis I couldn’t give a fuck about the cunt he fucked off and only thought about himself but if Gerrard signs him I’ll back him and get over my opinion of him, but guys like lee Wallace and Big jig with always be well thought of by me

I should have saved myself the pain of reading the rest of the drivel made in your post, and just stopped at highlighted bit.

Wallace isn't fit, nor match fit, which isnt really surprising.  If you can't see him being equally if not more of a risk against Hivs and the scum pacy wide men then you're deluded by your man love for him. 

One thing that must be said about him is he has not once come out and moaned or groaned. He has still showed up to training and games and got on with it. Kenny Miller had his girlfriend and agent spewing shite about our club but Wallace quietly kept going. 

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I should have saved myself the pain of reading the rest of the drivel made in your post, and just stopped at highlighted bit.

Wallace isn't fit, nor match fit, which isnt really surprising.  If you can't see him being equally if not more of a risk against Hivs and the scum pacy wide men then you're deluded by your man love for him.

Drivel? Like the made up shite you just posted? 

Hes rusty no doubt abt it, that’s clear for everybody to see but definetly FIT and after playing a few under 21 games will have a little bit of match sharpness back so think about the bullshit you post first👍🏻

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's been "fit" for most of the season hasn't he, just not selected for squads? Understandably not match fit but was surprised at how out of shape he looked given he's been training for months.

Difficult to judge when he's been out for so long but I can't see him getting back to anywhere close to the level he used to be at in terms of his athleticism. Without that athleticism he's a championship (as in Scottish, not Wigan!) player.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He's been "fit" for most of the season hasn't he, just not selected for squads? Understandably not match fit but was surprised at how out of shape he looked given he's been training for months.

Difficult to judge when he's been out for so long but I can't see him getting back to anywhere close to the level he used to be at in terms of his athleticism. Without that athleticism he's a championship (as in Scottish, not Wigan!) player.

Exactly mate, he might no longer be good enough but how people can judge him, without the guy getting a run of games that we can properly judge him on is, imo begging for him to fail 

i don’t think Gerrard will select him for our next 2 games but I’d feel every bit as nervous seeing Halliday or Flanagan at lb instead of Wallace, put it this way he knows the position better than both of them put together and I’d have my money on Wallace to be the only one of the 3 of them to overlap our Winger and get a cross in

In years to come, when the story of the fall and rise of Rangers is told, it should be told through this man's eyes.  He is not a legend in the Gascoigne or Laudrup sense. He is not a huge character like Bomber Brown, Durrant and McCoist. He is probably not much more than a useful squad player this year. But he has stayed the distance. Stuck it out. And there would be no better way for him to sign off than lifting 55.

We are 1 point off the top. We should be staying the distance with all our players, as long as they give their all, the way Lee Wallace has stuck with us. If we can do that, then the Lee Wallace story just might have the most amazing ending. 

1 hour ago, Tomatasauce said:

Drivel? Like the made up shite you just posted? 

Hes rusty no doubt abt it, that’s clear for everybody to see but definetly FIT and after playing a few under 21 games will have a little bit of match sharpness back so think about the bullshit you post first👍🏻

He's been playing games and is apparently fit. This is the fitness level he now brings, and from what I saw yesterday it looked poor. But yeah maybe another few u21 games, like he's been having, will make all the difference :justno:.

We can't afford carthorses, nor players with a "little bit of match sharpness back". We need players ready to take their opportunities and make positions their own. On the evidence of yesterday, that ship has sailed for Wallace.

1 hour ago, Tomatasauce said:

Exactly mate, he might no longer be good enough but how people can judge him, without the guy getting a run of games that we can properly judge him on is, imo begging for him to fail 

i don’t think Gerrard will select him for our next 2 games but I’d feel every bit as nervous seeing Halliday or Flanagan at lb instead of Wallace, put it this way he knows the position better than both of them put together and I’d have my money on Wallace to be the only one of the 3 of them to overlap our Winger and get a cross in

You judge him on appearances. How was he yesterday?

Oh that's right we have to give a player who has apparently been fit for months, and playing reserve or U21 matches more time to really get fit. Cracking plan. Which run of unimportant games do we pencil in for that?

29 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's been playing games and is apparently fit. This is the fitness level he now brings, and from what I saw yesterday it looked poor. But yeah maybe another few u21 games, like he's been having, will make all the difference :justno:.

We can't afford carthorses, nor players with a "little bit of match sharpness back". We need players ready to take their opportunities and make positions their own. On the evidence of yesterday, that ship has sailed for Wallace.

Reminds me of his big fat arse in the lower divisions. No motivation to stay professionally on top of his game. Happy to take a wage whilst doing very little about improving himself 

But aye legend 

I’d like to see Wallace play until Barisic is back, feel that an actual left back is important instead of a shoehorn into position. Having said that I think if we have any of our injured midfielders back then Halliday will be the 1 who plays at left back which is a bit pish on Lee give him a chance to get a few games in 

I didn't think he was that bad yesterday, the whole team was mis-firing tbf.

He obviously lacks match sharpness and the only way to get that is by playing matches, unfortunately for us and him is that the next 2 matches coming up are not good fixtures to pitch in a guy trying to get up to speed.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You judge him on appearances. How was he yesterday?

Oh that's right we have to give a player who has apparently been fit for months, and playing reserve or U21 matches more time to really get fit. Cracking plan. Which run of unimportant games do we pencil in for that?

If he was as unfit as you make out he wouldn’t even be in contention for a game for us, infact he wouldn’t even be in the squad

think your doing the coaching staff a disservice, do you honestly think Gerrard would play about with results by taking risks like that?

26 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

If he was as unfit as you make out he wouldn’t even be in contention for a game for us, infact he wouldn’t even be in the squad

think your doing the coaching staff a disservice, do you honestly think Gerrard would play about with results by taking risks like that?

You're 

I think he's so threadbare with players he's having to turn to those he'd really rather not.  He has after all been 'fit' for months, yet wasn't trusted over a right back or left mid playing in his position.

I'm saying what I see, and that's a player not looking ready to come in a do a job. 

If you think he's fit, do we play him wed and sat? If he's not fit, why the fuck not? If he's generally fit but not match sharp, again why not? Why should we tolerate a fit player not being ready to come in and do a job without a run of games to get him there? Some squad player that. 

Archived