***Official Rangers v Kilmarnock Thread***

The continual use of 4-3-3 with 2 wide players  who although they work hard  barely contribute in an attacking sense.

3 midfielders who work hard, majority defensively minded, barely contribute in an attacking sense.

The one genuinely class player we have will leave in the summer.

Steven Gerrard, massive name, it’s never going to work out at Rangers.

A manager who whether it’s  Villareal away or Kilmarnock at home picks the same team and deploys same tactics.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Not been consistent all season, we were lucky the tarriers were pish first half of the season. They got consistent after they were humbled.

We really have no ideas against the better sides. Solely reliant on Morelos goals - probably why it boils my piss when he gets booked. 

We have not been good enough and I have very little belief we will be any better next year

I don't know about better sides. IF teams like Killy opened up, we would kill them. We just have no answer to teams who sit in, nor can we match their physicality and dirty tricks, which is now the winning fornulae for teams playing against us.

We need better quality in that midfield big time and along with a couple of enforces would be good.

Too many players lack that winning mentality and put themselves on the line for a win, but this has been a problem for the last seven years. Central midifield and our right side becoming more and more of a weakness for us.

Dreadful form of late.. absolutely not befitting of a Rangers team at all. There is a serious lack of desire in that squad, they always wait for an opening or a mistake instead of forcing the issue. Not enough intent on a pass or a cross, it’s almost hit n hope at times with a lack of belief.  Kent is another waste of a wage that does all the above, Goldsons defending away at Spartak summed him up perfectly, school boy defender.

Tavernier never a captain and not someone we should be looking to create as a lot of his crosses/passes don’t get to their target. I’ve seen folks going on about Kamara but to me he’s just the best of a bad bunch, candeias exceptionally bad, loads of pace but never uses it = clueless.  Left back is now a real weakness in the team as our best one is not even a left back and his ability is equivalent to broad foot.

the squad is lacking in every department

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

I don't know about better sides. IF teams like Killy opened up, we would kill them. We just have no answer to teams who sit in, nor can we match their physicality and dirty tricks, which is now the winning fornulae for teams playing against us.

We need better quality in that midfield big time and along with a couple of enforces would be good.

Too many players lack that winning mentality and put themselves on the line for a win, but this has been a problem for the last seven years. Central midifield and our right side becoming more and more of a weakness for us.

Well said.

2 minutes ago, dee9 said:

As poor as I've seen it. There was absolutely nothing today and I mean nothing. Horrific from start to finish. Never seen this capitulation coming after the old firm.

Same here.  A slide in form has become a slump.   A slump that's not being halted and reversed.    There is a real risk now that we are on a greasy slope that could lead to OF humiliation again.   

Manager can see it, can talk about how its not good enough, can say he's looking for a reaction from the players and all that guff.  Fact is the players either can not - or will not - deliver winning results for him.    

From this slump in form an outcome for the end of the season of holding on to 2nd and avoiding OF heavy defeats look to be the only things Gerrard can hope to achieve. 

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

Same here.  A slide in form has become a slump.   A slump that's not being halted and reversed.    There is a real risk now that we are on a greasy slope that could lead to OF humiliation again.   

Manager can see it, can talk about how its not good enough, can say he's looking for a reaction from the players and all that guff.  Fact is the players either can not - or will not - deliver winning results for him.    

From this slump in form an outcome for the end of the season of holding on to 2nd and avoiding OF heavy defeats look to be the only things Gerrard can hope to achieve. 

I'm now dreading the scum games, but I think we'll still do second as there's quite a bit of daylight between us and third. If we fail in that it will be a crisis. However that maybe a blessing in disguise in getting the powers that be to realise we are not as good as we think we are and a step change in recruitment policy required. 

As poor as we are trying to break teams down, it might be a bit of role reversal at the piggery. We will be the team sitting in trying to stifle the game. Maybe that will suit us better.

But these games are turgid to watch.

He is a rookie manager in his first season, he has taken a completely rebuilt team to within an inch of the knockout stages of the CL on about a 10m total spend and is still in 2nd place in the league. Let's just right him off as pish though.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

It’s fine and well saying gerrard doesn’t know what he’s doing but even if he had changed tactics to break them down, do we think we have the players to do it? He has

We need players taking responsibility and putting their laces through the ball. Very few clearcut chances when teams pack their box. Dig the fucking ball, there’s always the chance of a deflection or the ball breaking favourably for us. 

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

He is a rookie manager in his first season, he has taken a completely rebuilt team to within an inch of the knockout stages of the CL on about a 10m total spend and is still in 2nd place in the league. Let's just right him off as pish though.

It’s tough to take but he’s only had one window and half a season furfuxsake.

Same shite different day. 

More points dropped as yet again we can't break down a side that sits deep. No creativity in the midfield or the wings and too many not taking responsibility. 

For me I think several know they are done here and have just decided to go through the motions. Gerrard and Allen better make sure they are the first out the door. Also time for constant failures like our so called captain to go. 

Summer we've got to get first team ready quality in. Only way we'll improve. 

6 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I'm with you mate but looking at these results against the top 6 this season and it's only going to get worse with the split. 

I'm still behind him but we need a massive improvement going into these last 8 games or the season is going to end in disaster. 

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I'm now dreading the scum games, but I think we'll still do second as there's quite a bit of daylight between us and third. If we fail in that it will be a crisis. However that maybe a blessing in disguise in getting the powers that be to realise we are not as good as we think we are and a step change in recruitment policy required. 

For the scum games Gerrard needs to somehow instil in the defensive resolve we had for most of the European games.   Avoiding a smashing in these games must be a top priority.   I know we played them off the park at Ibrox (literally in Kent's case in the move to set up the goal), but since the start of the year the form and performance slump has been horrendous.  It needs to halted.

As it has been on the recovery journey its about money is it not?    Alongside a progressive building of side from the existing pool of players we need some much better quality creative and goal scoring players.  That'll take money and a good bit of luck to find the right sort of affordably players that can make immediate improvements to the team and help replace Morelos' goals after he moves on.   Surely the Board can see this will be needed.     They need to redouble the efforts to bring money into the Club if they want to be able to sit there during a 150th anniversary season in a few years time looking at a Rangers side that genuinely is challenging for - and winning - a league title, and is winning cup trophies again.  

Archived