What will the board do.

backup

11 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

At least 7 upgrades required for me and that won't happen

IMO at the present moment with players with have if none leave(obviously some will) I feel we need replace

left back

1 c.b

right mid 

2 centre mid

if we get players these players of first team quality we will have a chance for league.

17 minutes ago, LV said:

We've always had season tickets just not to the extent we have just now. We must sell about 95% of all seats now as season tickets. 

17 minutes ago, LV said:

We've always had season tickets

We haven’t.

9 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

IMO at the present moment with players with have if none leave(obviously some will) I feel we need replace

left back

1 c.b

right mid 

2 centre mid

if we get players these players of first team quality we will have a chance for league.

Centre Back we need at least 2 with Mcauley/Worrall being replaced

Left Back I can see the arguement for replacing but if we do then Borna has to be moved on 

Right Mid again can see the arguement for it, especially bringing in somebody who contributes goals from that side.

Centre Mid is the area of the pitch we least need a player. We've got far too many in there already with another 2 out on loan (Docherty/Rossiter) who could come back in the summer. We definitely need quality but need to get rid of at least 3 in here first.

1 minute ago, Laudrup1690 said:

left back

1 c.b

right mid 

2 centre mid

For me we need a right back, left back, centre half, centre midfield, number 10 and depending on Morelos 1 or 2 strikers 

For me 2 solid full backs are a must and yes I would play Tav on the right side of the park where he is relieved of most of his defensive duties which are still an issue in many a game, left back is a no brainer as for me Barisic won't cut it, AH I'm happy enough as back up, the centre back is the big one, whilst Goldson has been great at times he has also been poor , a dominant centre half is a must, id probably shade Goldson as the partner but Katic needs far more game time if he is to flourish. 

The midfield is a no brainer a creative centre and a number 10 to give us more edge when trying to break teams down...how we fund it, probably will have to sell Morelos which means 2 more strikers 1 who must be able to play up top himself or as a front 2...what happens with Kent nobody knows,  I think best case scenario is we get him on loan for a further season. 

All that makes us more solid at the back with more flair going forward (provided we sign decent standard) and overall make us harder to play against as just now we are far to predictable 

49 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I have to admit for someone going on constantly about quality and to still have Jack and possibly Barisic in the team is quite baffling 

Barisic will come good next season. Establishing himself as Croatia's first choice LB, he's going to be an important player for us all going well.

4 minutes ago, Amato said:

Barisic will come good next season. Establishing himself as Croatia's first choice LB, he's going to be an important player for us all going well.

Something will need to change drastically in his fitness levels and confidence for that to happen imho, I just have too many niggling doubts that the player we saw for Osijek has yet to play to that level for us 

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

Centre Back we need at least 2 with Mcauley/Worrall being replaced

Left Back I can see the arguement for replacing but if we do then Borna has to be moved on 

Right Mid again can see the arguement for it, especially bringing in somebody who contributes goals from that side.

Centre Mid is the area of the pitch we least need a player. We've got far too many in there already with another 2 out on loan (Docherty/Rossiter) who could come back in the summer. We definitely need quality but need to get rid of at least 3 in here first.

We do need 2 c.b but I’m just talking about first team players here to improve our chances of winning trophy,

for me Rossiter isn’t going to be here next season he not good enough and I think Docherty will be gone as well but I assume he will give him another pre season to impress.

candieas needs to be no more than squad player next season and used in certain games.

what I do know is Allen/Gerrard need to get the summers signings bang on because we can’t afford to waste 2.5 mil etc on Grezda and Borna who just doesn’t seem up for it here.

59 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

For me we need a right back, left back, centre half, centre midfield, number 10 and depending on Morelos 1 or 2 strikers 

For me 2 solid full backs are a must and yes I would play Tav on the right side of the park where he is relieved of most of his defensive duties which are still an issue in many a game, left back is a no brainer as for me Barisic won't cut it, AH I'm happy enough as back up, the centre back is the big one, whilst Goldson has been great at times he has also been poor , a dominant centre half is a must, id probably shade Goldson as the partner but Katic needs far more game time if he is to flourish. 

The midfield is a no brainer a creative centre and a number 10 to give us more edge when trying to break teams down...how we fund it, probably will have to sell Morelos which means 2 more strikers 1 who must be able to play up top himself or as a front 2...what happens with Kent nobody knows,  I think best case scenario is we get him on loan for a further season. 

All that makes us more solid at the back with more flair going forward (provided we sign decent standard) and overall make us harder to play against as just now we are far to predictable 

No chance we are replacing tav through choice gerrard loves him and he’s our captain,he might go but it will be for a hefty amount of money.

if Morelos stays(which i don’t think he will) we need a striker to replace laff ans if goes obviously we would need 2.

my earlier comment was just for first team but obviously we will add squad players and also get rid of some.

13 minutes ago, backup said:

85/86.

Wrong. Can remember them being around on the 1960's it was always the shortest queue at the turnstiles. Was jealous but couldn't afford to pay up front for one. 

1 minute ago, Laudrup1690 said:

No chance we are replacing tav through choice gerrard loves him and he’s our captain,he might go but it will be for a hefty amount of money.

if Morelos stays(which i don’t think he will) we need a striker to replace laff ans if goes obviously we would need 2.

my earlier comment was just for first team but obviously we will add squad players and also get rid of some.

I'm all for keeping Tav but to play him in right midfield, for me if it's a choice between Tav or Candieas on the right I would go for Tav...overall Tavs impressive stats are in attack, I would try him there towards the end of the season  but it's probably going to be Davis in there for a couple of games 

4 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I'm all for keeping Tav but to play him in right midfield, for me if it's a choice between Tav or Candieas on the right I would go for Tav...overall Tavs impressive stats are in attack, I would try him there towards the end of the season  but it's probably going to be Davis in there for a couple of games 

Keep tav as right back and buy a upgrade on candieas who can’t actually beat a man.

34 minutes ago, BUILDMYGALLOWS1986 said:

Ffs dae cunts want a miracle, we have massively improved since kings reign at the helm, believe in the process! 

8 out of 9 trophies isn’t improvement, it’s actually a disgrace and the process so far is:

King and his board picked Pedro.

King and his board picked Murty.

King and his board picked the Gerrard gamble which is an inexperienced new manager who happens to be a legendary footballer. We’re all now crossing our fingers that this isn’t another fuck up.

2nd is still last.

11 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

8 out of 9 trophies isn’t improvement, it’s actually a disgrace and the process so far is:

King and his board picked the Gerrard gamble which is an inexperienced new manager who happens to be a legendary footballer. We’re all now crossing our fingers that this isn’t another fuck up.

2nd is still last.

Naw last is last. 2nd is first loser. 

2 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

i think it's a dig at the board.

In the past the board gave it all the bravado about what they were going to do and changes imminent etc every year and done fuck all once the ST's were sold. When they realised this was starting to become old and tired they did the greatest PR job in Scotland by hiring Gerrard to sell tickets. No one will ever convince me Gerrard was hired as Rangers manager because he was the most experienced o best man for the job - it was PR for sales, pure and simple.

If Gerrard goes they'll revert to the statements and no action. A lot of fans are appeased enough not to question the board 

At least you got the point mate. 

6 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

2nd is still last.

Second may still be last as far as honours go, but it is still second.

Gerrard, just in the door with a new team and will finish second, so hardly a risk. He is no mug and does demand high standards. He's getting it right imo. Several of quality in the summer and yes we are in with a serious shout. We were only up against a double treble winning team after all.

Every new manager or player for that matter is a gamble.

WTF do you want the board to pick as manager, the Killy taig? The less than blue sheep shagger?!

King and co can pick who the fuck they want as manager. They own us, it's their privilage. If you dn't like it, let them know about it.  Gerrard didn't appoint hmself and if you can't see he is a step up, then there is no hope. There are no sugar daddies out there and no guarantees.

38 minutes ago, LV said:

Wrong. Can remember them being around on the 1960's it was always the shortest queue at the turnstiles. Was jealous but couldn't afford to pay up front for one. 

I had one in the mid seventies. A season book with paper tickets if remember correctly.

1 hour ago, BUILDMYGALLOWS1986 said:

Ffs dae cunts want a miracle, we have massively improved since kings reign at the helm, believe in the process! 

I'm pretty sure King or mini published an article early doors in their tenure about a five year plan (maybe someone smarter than me can dig it up) for the title and I was fucking raging at the time to have to wait five years. I think King hits four years next March going into year five, so he may actually be on track.

Sure there have been disappointments along the way with poor managers and poor buys, but where we have come from and every hating cunt in the land putting hurdles in front of us, I'm not too disappointed on reflection, but next season is the last chance saloon for this board or it's rebellion.

33 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Second may still be last as far as honours go, but it is still second.

Gerrard, just in the door with a new team and will finish second, so hardly a risk. He is no mug and does demand high standards. He's getting it right imo. Several of quality in the summer and yes we are in with a serious shout. We were only up against a double treble winning team after all.

Every new manager or player for that matter is a gamble.

WTF do you want the board to pick as manager, the Killy taig? The less than blue sheep shagger?!

King and co can pick who the fuck they want as manager. They own us, it's their privilage. If you dn't like it, let them know about it.  Gerrard didn't appoint hmself and if you can't see he is a step up, then there is no hope. There are no sugar daddies out there and no guarantees.

I tried to let they know as not one of them got my vote at the AGM 👍

25 minutes ago, bordersbear said:

I had one in the mid seventies. A season book with paper tickets if remember correctly.

That's right. They used to put the number of the ticket to be used above the turnstile door, numbers were not in sequence so if giving to somebody else they had to take the book.