Ojo

KingKirk

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

I’m not sure it is to be honest. Kent went missing for huge chunks of games last season. Played in both cup exits to Aberdeen & a sizeable number of the games we dropped points in domestically. 

Kent only missed the Shkupi games. He made his debut away to Osijek 

I don't deny that Kent went missing in games last Season, he's young it's to be expected. But the only games in which Ojo has 'turned up' in has been games against very weak opposition, whereas Kent actually played well in big games last Season. Which is what really matters.

Especially after the performances Ojo has put on in the League because they've been incomparable to Kent on a whole.

One thing a can stand is players that just act disinterested. 

They just hide like fuck and I hate it. 

6 times in the first half he just ran in a straight line hoping the Livi full back followed him so he didn’t need to get the ball. Was absolutely embarrassing. 

With Jones and Kent out hes guaranteed to start in the next 2 month which is even more depressing 

13 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

One thing a can stand is players that just act disinterested. 

They just hide like fuck and I hate it. 

6 times in the first half he just ran in a straight line hoping the Livi full back followed him so he didn’t need to get the ball. Was absolutely embarrassing. 

With Jones and Kent out hes guaranteed to start in the next 2 month which is even more depressing 

Spot on. If he was shite but working his socks off you could give him the benefit of the doubt.

He’s shite and puts in zero effort. He’s been given the chance to play for one of the biggest names in football and looks like he’d rather be anywhere else. 

Give me candeias any day over this waster 

Said at the time on the transfer thread that we would miss Candeias more than anyone could imagine and it's turned out to be the case

Ojo looks half decent but seems to be struggling with the step up/physical side of the game. The bigger worry is the difference in Tav without Candeias there, he looks completely lost at times and isn't anywhere near as effective

The fact most of our goals come down the right side means it's something we need to solve very quickly

5 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Said at the time on the transfer thread that we would miss Candeias more than anyone could imagine and it's turned out to be the case

Ojo looks half decent but seems to be struggling with the step up/physical side of the game. The bigger worry is the difference in Tav without Candeias there, he looks completely lost at times and isn't anywhere near as effective

The fact most of our goals come down the right side means it's something we need to solve very quickly

The issue isn’t really just down the right though.

Tav put over two world class crosses from that side today.

There is absolutely no quality from the left and a midfield 3, no matter what 3 is picked, who like to pass back and sideways.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

There is absolutely no quality from the left and a midfield 3, no matter what 3 is picked, who like to pass back and sideways.

Agreed he did put over 2 quality crosses but I think that was arguably his best game of the season today (domestically anyway) and he was still a shadow of the player from last season 

The rest of the team had the same issue last season with the lack of quality to break teams down, I think Aribo was meant to be the answer to that but hes struggled the last few weeks

Weve still got the same problem in midfield but now we've added another down the right with Tav/Ojo, never seen a player shy away as much as Ojo did today and that's embarrassing. 

The knock on effect to Tav is even more worrying, I would like to see Kent tried out right when hes back, somebody who scares a fullback and gives Tav some space to work.

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

You do realize we have lost once this season right? We might not be playing well right now, but no where near as bad as you describe it.

21 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You do realize we have lost once this season right? We might not be playing well right now, but no where near as bad as you describe it.

Don’t bother listening to him, he’s an utterly miserable bastard.

4 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I watched him today and pointed out to the boy next to me how much he hides. He actively seeks out a defender when we have possesion to hide behind.

Grezda had a shocking habit of that too.

As with him, I don't think Gerrard will be the type of Manager to put up with this for much longer.

4 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Both these guys have skill but someone needs to sit them down and explain what this season means to the Club and the fans. They play as if it is a training session at times and they need to either start playing as if the game is important and winning is the most important thing or be dropped. 

I just hope Ojo is not on some kind of loan that says he has to play a certain number of games, that would be hellish.

Ojo will be on a negative deal like Kent was last season where we will pay if he doesn't play.

Like all these player threads I am sure all of us who are saying negative things about Ojo will be delighted if he starts showing more urgency, be up for each game he is playing in and as if he wants to win it and not just go through the motions. Show us that playing for Rangers means so much to him. 

The ball is in your court Ojo, and it is you and only you who can change what we are seeing at the moment.   

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Ojo will be on a negative deal like Kent was last season where we will pay if he doesn't play.

That does worry me because if we cannot drop a player who is not doing well without a financial hit that will probably sway the managers thinking at times. 

5 hours ago, psb07158 said:

The number of times players show him down the right and he literally pays no attention to the acres of space there and tries to cut in on his left, is beyond belief 

Poor spatial awareness.  

That's why he is a loan player.

Harsh but true 

😈

Archived