TAV

Weemani

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Sadly, and I do mean that, he's getting worse instead of better. All last night I kept wondering if people were at the same game as me. The ones who said he was great. They were targetting him & rightly so. Every chance they had, when Shagger saved us, all came fom him giving the ball away & then being nowhere to be seen. That's what annoys me most... when he gives it away, he doesn't burst a gut to recover the situation. We can't afford any passengers this year.

His defensive side has been great recently as well, while his attacking side has took a dip but last night he was just all over the shop. His touch and passing was the worst I’ve ever seen him and not at least making the keeper make a save from a Pen is criminal for a professional footballer  

He needs a rest and also I think he needs the responsibility of being Captain taken of him as well. Got a ready made Captain in Jack just waiting for it. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

His defensive side has been great recently as well, while his attacking side has took a dip but last night he was just all over the shop. His touch and passing was the worst I’ve ever seen him and not at least making the keeper make a save from a Pen is criminal for a professional footballer  

He needs a rest and also I think he needs the responsibility of being Captain taken of him as well. Got a ready made Captain in Jack just waiting for it. 

I think that's a bit harsh. It was a horrible penalty but far better players than Tav have missed the target from the penalty spot.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I think that's a but harsh. It was a horrible penalty but far better players than Tav have missed the target from the penalty spot.

Then they are criminal as well, any pro not hitting the target from 12 yards should be getting a bollocking. 

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Based on what?

Tavernier is the best dead ball striker we have at the club.  Barisic might be able to give him a run for his money (I think he took the penalties for Osijek).  

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

Tavernier is the best dead ball striker we have at the club.  Barisic might be able to give him a run for his money (I think he took the penalties for Osijek).  

None of which demonstrates Morelos is never a penalty taker which is my query to that poster.

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

Gerrard needs to man manage Tav better than he’s doing. He’s an affective player for us but the amount of times he’s run himself out of energy is obvious. He’s never as effective in the 2nd half than he is in the 1st and again last night they could of scored near the end whilst Tav was trying to get back into position from one of his runs up the wing. I also hate the fact that in my opinion our best player, Ryan Jack has to fall back to allow a defender to run forward.

Take him off penalties, free kicks and corners and tell him to be more selective on when he runs up the wing. A bit of pressure on him by trying Flannigan in that position might also do him good.

Based on what does Gerard have to man manage Tav better?

He has just guided us through 4 qualifying rounds, and has a 100% win rate in the group so far.

We have lost one game this season, and have won every other game in the league.

I could get your point if we were dropping lots of points etc, but we are not.

Whatever Gerard is doing is getting us results.

2 hours ago, beararse said:

Ok , I will.

So far he’s missed 4 from 10 in 2019, including all the ones he’s taken this season  (ie 2 from 2)

St Johnstone, St Mirren, Progres and Feyenoord.

He also missed v Kilmarnock in the cup at Rugby Park

I'd put Morelos onto pens from now. My reasons are firstly that I think he will score the majority with power into a corner but very importantly if (as a striker) it adds another 10+ goals to his tally it will also add to his value. Had he taken and scored all our penalties last season he would have been on 45 goals.

That's huge - people don't look at goalscorer figures and say "I see he scored 38 but 11 were penalties" they say he scored 38.

Having our most valuable asset adding to his value and stats by hitting our penalties should be a no brainer - the most important stat for a goalscorer is goals scored 

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He has just guided us through 4 qualifying rounds, and has a 100% win rate in the group so far.

Our Captain and vice Captain are low on confidence and way off their game, 2 players that play no matter. That isn’t good man management. 

And Goldson cost us points against the scum. 

13 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He didn't 

I think Barisic scores a penalty against PSV in a Europa qualifier the year before we signed him.  They obviously trusted him to take them due to his dead ball ability.

11 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I just think he could get more out of Tav if he man managed him better. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Our Captain and vice Captain are low on confidence and way off their game, 2 players that play no matter. That isn’t good man management. 

And Goldson cost us points against the scum. 

But we have only lost one game.

I don't get this idea that half of our defence was literally garbage last night as many seem to be saying.

We kept a clean sheet against an established European team, limiting them to a few half chances.

Tav wasn't as good as he usually is, but was still up to the task.

Goldson played a slack pass and for the most part for the rest of the game was solid.

9 minutes ago, TMB said:

I think Barisic scores a penalty against PSV in a Europa qualifier the year before we signed him.  They obviously trusted him to take them due to his dead ball ability.

He took a few but unless they just rarely get penalties then he wasn't their first choice taker. He's only hit 6 in his career from what I could see and 2 of them were missed.

Archived