Rangers - alleged cover up - BBC rebutted by club

RangersMedia

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

This for sure S, I never have much faith on our board doing much in this regard, but they must see how we have been targeted unfairly once again. It is certainly time to go on the attack. 

BBC scotland have showing once again that fair and unbiased reporting won't be coming from them regarding Rangers. 

It is very much time to go on the offensive and the club need to take all available legal action. 

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’ve been too soft and politically naive on both the paedo ring and with the BBC.  We should have been much more on the front foot as a club.  Everything we do now will seem like an excuse.  We need to get in front of the cameras on this out with the bbc taigs. 

That filmed piece by Daly tonight on the BBC had the feel of a segment from something bigger. There was even background music on it. This is maybe the taint Rangers section of the bigger child abuse in Scottish football documentary he’s supposed to have done.   

This is going to snowball over the next days and weeks, you can guarantee more boys will come forward now on the back of this ,

especially if he was here for 4 years☹️,  the bbc and the rag newspapers will be all over us 

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

BBC scotland have showing once again that fair and unbiased reporting won't be coming from them regarding Rangers. 

It is very much time to go on the offensive and the club need to take all available legal action. 

I agree 100%. :thumbup:

12 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

They have put out a statement mate, and that tonight is all I wanted. :thumbup:

Just noticed this thread few moments ago mate . I will check it out . I'm sure there will be no reference to the outstanding cover up though from the east end

36 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I've done my bit to push on social media what our haters have concealed. Much of the info is on a thread that 90% of folk on here wont have bothered even visiting for months let alone pushing for an independent enquiry.

Yet on here, our main section and the one with hunners of visitors,  already theres throbbers condemning the club, demanding apologies, giving ammo that will be used to say even Rangers fans are disgusted by the clubs actions. Despite no proof, no independent investigation, and a hatred of Rangers.

But aye Bears Den and all that. I'll leave you guys to it, to enjoy giving ammo in a way no other club's supporters do to its haters and detractors. I'm out.

I'm sure you've seen the response from the club already.

The first posts in the thread were simply demanding that. Others have made an arse of themselves but that's their issue. Regardless though, the Bears' Den was the place to discuss it. A thread about tarriers belongs in general sport and I don't really care whether that means it gets less traffic or not.

25 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Mate tbh, I think he does have a point after seeing some of our own attacking the club on something we are clearly innocent of. These hating bastards have cited fan quotes against us previously and will do again.

It shouldn't be like this, but such is mind set and tenacity of our haters, you can't do enough to protect the name of the club and it plays out no matter how much you do, we still get shredded. It seriously boils my piss.

Folk jumping to conclusions without knowing that facts would happen no matter where this thread was posted. Wanting it moved from this part of the forum makes it seem like we have something to hide which we evidently don't. It's been openly discussed in a public part of the forum and has been quickly shut down by the club. I'm happy enough with that.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Just noticed this thread few moments ago mate . I will check it out . I'm sure there will be no reference to the outstanding cover up though from the east end

I came in late to the story tonight mate as well and could not believe what I was reading, the statement tonight was OK for me but our board need to step things up and realise people are out to put the boot in at every opportunity.  This dignified silence just does not work and I hope this might just be what kicks them into action.  

5 hours ago, psb07158 said:

2 years ago our club said we reported it to the police immediately. Now it has come to light we may not have and instead we gave him a nice send off in our official club magazine. The BBC are definitely making the most of it given the relationship between us but I think it warrants an investigation and as a fan I absolutely expect our club to do the right thing here and investigate this thoroughly. If we didnt report it to the police why did we say we did?

No. It's Rangers related. There's absolutely no reason to discuss them and their disgusting cover up at the same time as our own alleged one. 

Has your friend just admitted they abused children and covered it up? Wow.

I wouldn't be crapping into my pants though

Enjoyed all your posting about the bheasts with such high morals when the thread was on here few months back ..:hmmm:

Naw can't say I seen you comment once

5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I came in late to the story tonight mate as well and could not believe what I was reading, the statement tonight was OK for me but our board need to step things up and realise people are out to put the boot in at every opportunity.  This dignified silence just does not work and I hope this might just be what kicks them into action.  

Still can't find the statement on here but I'm sure I'm not missing much

29 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

That filmed piece by Daly tonight on the BBC had the feel of a segment from something bigger. There was even background music on it. This is maybe the taint Rangers section of the bigger child abuse in Scottish football documentary he’s supposed to have done.   

Good point. They probably have an upcoming 2 hour special or a BBC series coming up about the child abuse scandal hidden by Ibrox for decades. Meanwhile torbet  towers is never even mentioned by them in passing.

Complaint sent to BBC asking (let’s leave the non-committal response from police getting twisted into “Rangers lied” for one moment) why one child subjected to inappropriate language is a bigger story than a hundred kids being molested.

Curious to hear their values and justification.

5 hours ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Already had a taig message me trying to point score by claiming we’re just as bad as them because of this. Comparing the cover up of an isolated incident with the cover up of industrial scale paedophilia...he’s dumber than I thought 🤦🏻‍♂️

Oh, he fully admits the horrible club he supports are scumrat lowest of the low, child abusers. 

At least that's something I suppose. 

1 hour ago, philiprfc said:

None of that makes sense, I'm not accusing anyone of lying (I don't even know if Walter or Souness have ever even commented on this publicly?) and I've already said that I believe the truth to the original statement - but it doesn't matter what I believe, or what you believe. What matters is that we prove beyond any doubt that we took the correct steps (which is what the current board said), because as we speak there are people gunning for us about this, and if the board have said they understand we went to the police - well we need to prove it, because if we don't, the blanks will be filled in for us (already started) and we'll be left open to media attacks, potential legal action or other sanctions (SFA are currently doing a review - who knows what they might do or what conclusions they might yet draw).

What was the Club meant to do at that time?  Neely was sacked after the allegation based on the boy's word.  His parents were aware of the incident and it was their responsibility to report Neely to the police and have him charged.    If the victim and his family didn't report the incident  then Rangers could hardly report it.     In 1991 exactly what were the correct steps if sacking him and (apparently) informing the police wasn't sufficient?   The tiny article in the Rangers News was poorly worded but printing an allegation about Neely at that time without any hard evidence could have been costly.

4 hours ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

This is a gold ticket for our board to come out with the facts and blow this shite out the water. 

And while they are at it,  highlight and call out the medias silence on the peodo ring over 30 years at The Scum.

I'm sure they will think twice before trying to implicate us with this pish in future if they know our response will shine a "spotlight" on their cover up. (pun intended)

Won't happen that way . No chance although I agree with your post

9 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

Good point. They probably have an upcoming 2 hour special or a BBC series coming up about the child abuse scandal hidden by Ibrox for decades. Meanwhile torrent towers is never even mentioned by them in passing.

It will be a monthly debate on the subject directed at our club

Even Snyde will get in on the act . Remember these cunts don't do talking about abuse , AH unless maybe it's about us

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

What was the Club meant to do at that time?  Neely was sacked after the allegation based on the boy's word.  His parents were aware of the incident and it was their responsibility to report Neely to the police and have him charged.    If the victim and his family didn't report the incident  then Rangers could hardly report it.     In 1991 exactly what were the correct steps if sacking him and (apparently) informing the police wasn't sufficient?   The tiny article in the Rangers News was poorly worded but printing an allegation about Neely at that time without any hard evidence could have been costly.

Good sensible post mate :tu:

Archived