Rangers - alleged cover up - BBC rebutted by club

RangersMedia

13 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

The police were asked under an FOI request if they got a call from us. They said that information was not available.

Somewhere along the line, it has become acceptable to convert “we cannot confirm or deny” into “Rangers are lying cunts”

Welcome to Scotland.

Just like everything else in this shitehole .all focused on making us the bad guys and the terror fanatics look good ,20m for Morelos ridiculed and the 10m figure banded about ,then the bold Ed the chin scores a couple of  U21 goals and 50m tags are getting banded about without any ridicule that 50m becomes fact and within a few months the big cunt scores his 20th of the season and all of a sudden some prick like Hartson pops up and says it’s now more like 60m ,while our own ex players nod in agreement ,

pisses me off their overhype ,even when we last did 3 in a row we had far the better players and their guys were getting banded about for 10m plus and get unchallenged snyde comments from Lieswell about Jelavic 

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, psb07158 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-50087600

This needs investigating as a matter of urgency. 

Agreed. It needs investigating pronto. Graeme Souness and Walter Smith should be able to disclose whether the police were informed and what actions were taken by them.

Just now, Sweetheart said:

Agreed. It needs investigating pronto. Graeme Souness and Walter Smith should be able to disclose whether the police were informed and what actions were taken by them.

I doubt that GS and WS would know who took the matter further at Rangers.  It would be most likely Alistair Hood.

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

I doubt that GS and WS would know who took the matter further at Rangers.  It would be most likely Alistair Hood.

Maybe, but surely the club  would have logged the complaint. so that they could sack Neely with out being sued for unfair dismissal.  The club may not have oldco's paper work but surely there is someone from that time that could testify that the crime was reported to the police.

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Confused too ,are folk getting pissed off about folk wanting us to  apologise or are they getting pissed at the one or 2 wanting to ignore it 

What? Neither.

You think we would get upset about the club having to apologise? Nor does it have anything to do with anyone trying to ‘ignore’ it.  Quite the opposite.

I have to say you’ve jumped to incredibly negative conclusions about our fans in this thread.

FWIW The way I read it was there were a few posters who were almost too willing to accept that we had done something wrong based on what Daly had said, in an article that was a travesty. Seemed almost like a way of mitigating and ameliorating the behaviour of the bheasts, of which I think there were a few on here tonight. Just my take. I can’t comment for others.

must be close to something about to implode at the beast from the east, looks like a ploy  to TRY to lay foundations, to tar us with the same crimes as their club. 

No highlight of the completely different circumstances in each clubs case, in the number of victims, or years it lasted for, or Who knew what, but let’s not mention that, let’s just see if mud stick on them.

shamful but expected in the Scottish media, cunts the lot of them!

15 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

What? Neither.

You think we would get upset about the club having to apologise? Nor does it have anything to do with anyone trying to ‘ignore’ it.  Quite the opposite.

I have to say you’ve jumped to incredibly negative conclusions about our fans in this thread.

FWIW The way I read it was there were a few posters who were almost too willing to accept that we had done something wrong based on what Daly had said, in an article that was a travesty. Seemed almost like a way of mitigating and ameliorating the behaviour of the bheasts, of which I think there were a few on here tonight. Just my take. I can’t comment for others.

I suppose part of the problem comes from some people not being as aware as others on what has been going on over the last 3 years from the CBC ,for a lot of bears they just know a few coaches have been jailed ,while there are other bears who know almost the whole story ,

Maybe that’s why some comments have been controversial 

3 hours ago, MisterC said:

To run with what they did as a headline is pretty defamatory. The matter was passed to the appropriate authorities, there was no cover up. Just because the club decided not to shout it from the rooftops and air dirty laundry in public, it doesn't class as a cover up. 

Agreed,  by reporting it to the police the club had fore-filled it's duty of care to the boy. 

3 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

43 minutes ago

Rangers response to Mark Daly's Gordon Neely article

‘BBC Scotland’s reporting on these horrific incidents and, in particular, its sensationalist and unfair accusation of a cover up by Rangers is disgraceful. 

'Rangers based its prior description as to what occurred on trusted first-hand accounts from those with personal knowledge of what took place and the appropriate steps taken at that time. To suggest, as BBC Scotland’s Mark Daly has done, that these are invalidated by a short, filler piece in the Rangers News written almost 30 years ago by someone who clearly had no knowledge of the events, or the reasons for Neely’s sacking is nonsense. Indeed, it is shameful.

'BBC Scotland has a history of inaccurate reporting when commenting on Rangers and a string of apologies given to Rangers by BBC Scotland in recent times is clear evidence of this. However, on a matter of such gravity we do not think it is unreasonable to expect better than Mr Daly’s report.

'The important people here are the victims of abuse and we owe it to them to deal sensitively and supportively with the issues they raise. 

'Rangers will do all it can to assist in offering support and counselling to anyone affected. Their wellbeing should be at the centre of every right thinking person’s concern. 

'Ridiculous claims of a cover up against those seeking to deal with such matters in a sensitive manner suggests sensationalism and in this instance point to a desire to attack Rangers as being more important to those reporting these horrific incidents than looking after the victims of abuse.’

A good statement from the club, I hope they have also filed another complaint about the BBC.

19 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Is Alistair Hood not dead? 

Yep, he died October 16, 2006 of an heart attack. he had been a police officer with the Edinburgh City Police and rose to the rank of Chief constable, before joining Rangers as chief of security. 

I can't see him turning a blind eye to Neely.

I want Dave King to come out and ask for a full enquiry in to all sexual assault allegations in Scottish football, for it to be carried out as an independent enquiry and those involved to be held accountable. Those institutions and individuals that have knowingly been involved or knowingly covered up the abuse to be named and shamed.

Please Dave just do it.

10 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

I thought this boys dad was a policeman?

10 hours ago, Dickie1963 said:

Threatening to or did ? Did he actually do anything physical ?

10 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Em...why now, it all seems a bit Me Too, when we look across the city and we see the potential pay outs.

10 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

The club reported it to the police against the wishes of the parents, one of whom was a copper himself.

That is as far as I want to read,
I expect the Club to make any references to the statement made in 2016,which contained the fact the event was reported.
Plod said they couldn't find the report,and I would imagine it's in the bin that contained the evidence,which contained the photographs from the day the tramps hanged effigies of Rangers supporter and a member of the OO.
The person making the allegation has said he "told him to pull down his trouser,but never touched him".
Absolute mischief making from one scabby tv channel riidled with Rangers hating cunts with an agenda.

3 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

What? Neither.

Of which Magic wasn't one of them 

1 hour ago, scottyscott1963 said:

That is as far as I want to read,
I expect the Club to make any references to the statement made in 2016,which contained the fact the event was reported.
Plod said they couldn't find the report,and I would imagine it's in the bin that contained the evidence,which contained the photographs from the day the tramps hanged effigies of Rangers supporter and a member of the OO.
The person making the allegation has said he "told him to pull down his trouser,but never touched him".
Absolute mischief making from one scabby tv channel riidled with Rangers hating cunts with an agenda.

Great post mate 👍

He’s producing fuck all until he can nail Rangers to the same mast as the the tarriers. 

Rangers have once again proven that can’t be the case so it’s back to the drawing board with the hoardes praying that something sticks to us. Doesn’t matter if it’s one bad phrase or the systematic abuse of 100s of kids, we’ll be two peas of the same pod if the media have anything to with it

Also stopping short of saying we’re suing you ya tarrier bastard that statement is good. 

Using a paragraph in the Rangers news as evidence we were part of a cover up is clutching straws at best. He needs to stop short now, because lets be honest does anyone actually believe a gutter journalist over 2 of the greatest icons in British football ever? No

5 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Yep, he died October 16, 2006 of an heart attack. he had been a police officer with the Edinburgh City Police and rose to the rank of Chief constable, before joining Rangers as chief of security. 

I can't see him turning a blind eye to Neely.

There is no way he would have turned a blind eye,he was very stringent about things in his time at the club,part of why he was referred to as Herr Hood by some during his tenure as some may remember 

56 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

The way I see this panning out is that we have the Rangers news article discredited and then the beasts use that as fuel to have the celtic View Article discredited. Hollicom at work

I think the Rangers news article is horrific  (in hindsight) and was probably used by Neely to quash any rumours about him when he went into private industry. 

We also still don’t know who the 2nd coach was who burst into the dressing room and going on about his friend (Neely) so who knows, the conniving manipulative bastard might have got a friend to write that small leaving article about him.

Im not saying anything of the above happened but it is plausible but the only 100% facts we have is that article gave Neely our best wishes.

I really do think, even back then the club should have known what was going to print about an alleged wrong yin but I do understand it’s different time periods and back then there wasn’t the same scrutiny involved in all aspects of any business.

Archived