One of the all time greats

Essandoh

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, left winger said:

They are/were all great keepers. Be surprised if many don't have Goram at the top, but you easily swap the order of the other 3.

Goram was the best shot stopper I’ve ever seen but Woods was probably a better all round keeper. 

Just now, They Gnu said:

Goram was the best shot stopper I’ve ever seen but Woods was probably a better all round keeper. 

The only negative I ever had with Woods was when he would catch cross balls behind his head - always thought he'd miss-judged them and was going to drop the ball. 

Oh, and he was shite at penalties 🙄

25 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He was injured fuck sake 😂 

When he came back McGregor had surpassed him so he had to sit on the bench.

Not how I remember it i'm sure at the time he was fit to play even though at one point he did have an injury was it a knee then he had back pain. Thinking back did Waterreus not become first choice my memory not great so this may not be 100%.

Remember he left as we spelt the name on his contract wrong.

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Ridiculous statement , Goram was better in every department than Woods and any of our past goalies...........

Goram terrified the fuck out of the oppo. He didn't do prisoners going for a ball. Totally commanded his area.

Woods and Klos were class acts, but a step below the Goalie.

McGregor a great keeper also, but behind those three.

55 minutes ago, Smile said:

Not how I remember it i'm sure at the time he was fit to play even though at one point he did have an injury was it a knee then he had back pain. Thinking back did Waterreus not become first choice my memory not great so this may not be 100%.

Remember he left as we spelt the name on his contract wrong.

He tore his knee ligaments in 2005 and we brought Waterreus in. Then in 2005/06 he was mainly back up to Waterreus and if I recall correctly he refused to play a few reserve matches. Waterreus was howling that season and it took McLeish a long time to drop him.

In his last season under le Guen he tore his shoulder ligaments after falling off a bike in pre season. Le Guen bought Letizi in and then when he left Smith had Klos on the bench once he returned to fitness and McGregor became number one. He played against Osasuna after McGregor got sent off against Hapoel. 

I’m pretty sure towards the end of that season he sat on the bench with a broken finger that didn’t heal properly too. 

Archived