*****The official Bet Fred cup final thread*****

wearethepeople1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

You don't think we score enough or our attacking players aren't doing enough? Fuck me!

Our defence was a shambles the other night and rightfully deserved criticism. 

We don’t get enough goals from central midfield or the wide areas.  Aribo has the ability to score but he’s been pretty inconsistent.  Kent has got a few in recent weeks but we have nothing from that RW position.  

With this formation we should have wide attackers who can score 20-30 a season combined.  Look at other teams that play this 4-3-3 and how many goals come from the wide attackers or a number 10 supporting the striker.  

16 minutes ago, TMB said:

We don’t get enough goals from central midfield or the wide areas.  Aribo has the ability to score but he’s been pretty inconsistent.  Kent has got a few in recent weeks but we have nothing from that RW position.  

With this formation we should have wide attackers who can score 20-30 a season combined.  Look at other teams that play this 4-3-3 and how many goals come from the wide attackers or a number 10 supporting the striker.  

15 to date from out wide. 11 from midfield. It is not an issue.

Anyway it is the LC thread. 

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

15 to date. It is not an issue.

Anyway it is the LC thread. 

It is an issue.  Gerrard seems to have given up on Ojo and Arfield and is trying Aribo out there.  There’s an imbalance up front.  This will still be the case at the weekend.  

Our left side is strong with Barisic and Kent.  If Barisic doesn’t make it this weekend and Flanagan plays again I fear the worst.  

27 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

What time would people recommend going to the busses to try for spares? Never done it before but heavily contemplating it.

I'm sure your best pal Bronzy would be able to get you a make believe ticket mate. 

You could even post about your pretend journey to and from Hampden on a thread. 

35 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

What time would people recommend going to the busses to try for spares? Never done it before but heavily contemplating it.

From 1pm onwards, busses be arriving by then, try every bus you can.

But I'd have back up plan where to watch it, don't fancy your chances tbh.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I agree with that.

They will have a lot of movement around the box, if we get a toe in Davis has that calm ability of taking the ball and actually finding a player rather  than just punting it. 
If him and Barasic are out it puts the game firmly in Celtics favour 

1 minute ago, Swagger said:

They will have a lot of movement around the box, if we get a toe in Davis has that calm ability of taking the ball and actually finding a player rather  than just punting it. 
If him and Barasic are out it puts the game firmly in Celtics favour 

They are all prima donnas who think having time on the ball is a given right. Play the high press and get in their faces. They don't respond well to it.

27 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

From 1pm onwards, busses be arriving by then, try every bus you can.

But I'd have back up plan where to watch it, don't fancy your chances tbh.

Same but don’t stay too far away so leaving about half 2 and walking I’d probably make it home in time

Just now, King Jela said:

Borna and Davis apparently out, hopefully just mind games but if not, fuck me! 

Borna looked fine in the training video. A lot of players MIA at training by the looks of it - Goldson, Davis, Morelos, Defoe, Aribo. Must all be in phisio.

3 hours ago, RoboBear said:

Really can't get optimistic at all, for me it's 90% hope 10% expectation.

Only one of their back four from Wed is likely to start and they also have some good attacking options  who didn't feature on Wed.

Our back  four is either going to be the same ☹ or experimental 🤔

4C7AE0E6-500B-41AD-BA8B-F36FE251C341.gif

Okay I'm gonna piss everybody off here with "positivity" and "perspective". Wednesday was a shocker but after a couple of days to calm down I don't fear Sunday as much as I did on Wednesday night.

We've all seen Rangers teams in worse shape going into a cup final or just a game against them. I think of us last December when we beat them. We were shite that month and picked up 9 out of 18 points in the 6 before that match including two horrible wins against Hamilton and St Johnstone. We beat them comprehensively that day.

I remember the month before the league cup final in 2011. We lost 3-0 to them at parkhead and everything seemed to be getting away from us but we won the cup. The two games before we struggled to beat St Mirren and Kilmarnock.

There's probably a handful of other examples of us being in shit form before beating them (back to back wins in autumn 2004) or being in a worse place (beating them in a semi while being a championship side). Both sides with no great mentality at that point (talking about the 04/05 side).

There are a lot of questions about this side like every other Rangers team probably ever after a bad result. There are issues with our side but there is only two points between us and if we're bad they can't be much better. Somebody tell me because I don't watch them?

In the last 10 league games we've pick up more points, scored more goals and conceded less. In Europe celtic have done well to already qualify but it doesn't mean our European results are any worse considering we need a point at home where we have yet to lose in Europe under our manager.

Of course we can fucking win this😁

Archived