Patterson

39 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Once again Experience, not hard to grasp. 

Here we go with the lopsided bollocks again. 

More bollocks that it’s simply age, and I’m putting barriers in the way 😂😂 ok then play him and keep playing him until he has a shit game leave Tav on the bench..... oh wait that’s right those pesky barriers again.

Ah the old other teams are playing teenagers and they are rocking the league myth, can’t be rocking that much because the rest of the league are shite. 

Again with the holding him back tell it to Stevie, drop Tav if the young lad is that good and he’s ready to go, sell Tav before the end of January make some money it’s a win win. Never mind the meltdown on here when Stevie said Tav was out for 2 weeks.

Just what chance did he take last night the Academy team beat that lot, yes he’s going to be a huge player for us but don’t paint it up as if he just played the game of his life against the Scum. 

So he’s good enough to play the next 2 games but not a direct replacement for Tav. So what is it  is he good enough or not?? 

You're all over the place.  Dummy out the pram stuff.  Matt experience Polster eh, talk about fucking over your own argument.

Fucking Frimpong is an example of an 18 year old just turned 19  playing regularly, the scum dont seem to be doing too badly. Hickey has got some reputation, 17.  Hamilton persist with youths and manage to survive, Lewis Ferguson is firmly established in the spl at 20 now.

The highlighted paragraph is the best though. We're talking about stand ins for our captain and you're talking again about a stand in being better than him. "Leave Tav on the bench" wtf are you gibbering about when the whole thread has been about the next couple of games. Nightmare mate take a bit of time off 😂😂😂

And as for arguing we've not been lopsided in our attack when Flanagan has played 😆😆😆

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Far too sensible for this thread. 

It’s a fickle game bud. Watched a game Pollok v Hurlford today where at a pinch I would say both teams are about the same level with Stranraer. One minute you you are in the mix then it can all change quickly, Jordan McMillan is on loan to Pollok from Dumbarton, from when he was with us he’s been to approx 10 teams. As I said it’s a fickle game. 

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No hutton but ferguson is a good example of why Patterson wont and shouldnt play over flanagan or polster

Ferguson stepped up under advocaat, a year after walter tried to flog him to hearts, walter didnt give him a chance in the 9iar season and the ultimately doomed 10iar season, because he knew we needed experience because the stakes were so high

I reckon this is how Gerrard will view it and Flanagan will play on Wednesday.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And Patterson is an untested youth player being touted to play in our biggest, most important run of games for nearly a decade 

He will get his time, just shouldnt be now

2 games or so til Tav is back. 😂

Or the pretty much untested Polster who hasn't once performed as well as Patterson has despite playing the likes of East Fife, or Flanagan who can't perform the way Gerrard wants his full backs to play.

Theres pros and cons for all 3. But Patterson had done nothing at all wrong other than not having 50 games under his belt.

Folk saying ditch him and bring in more experience seem to forget how wooden Flanagan appears at times, or have seen Polster give more in performances than I've seen from him.

Regardless, to say to Patterson he did so well, everything asked of him, then drop him for one of the other 2 underperformers? Wont surprise me but wont be right for the academy kids to see, or for Patterson, or potentially for us if the experienced player offers the 5/10 they seem typically capable of.

8 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

2 games or so til Tav is back. 😂

Or the pretty much untested Polster who hasn't once performed as well as Patterson has despite playing the likes of East Fife, or Flanagan who can't perform the way Gerrard wants his full backs to play.

Theres pros and cons for all 3. But Patterson had done nothing at all wrong other than not having 50 games under his belt.

Folk saying ditch him and bring in more experience seem to forget how wooden Flanagan appears at times, or have seen Polster give more in performances than I've seen from him.

Regardless, to say to Patterson he did so well, everything asked of him, then drop him for one of the other 2 underperformers? Wont surprise me but wont be right for the academy kids to see, or for Patterson, or potentially for us if the experienced player offers the 5/10 they seem typically capable of.

Two games till he's back, one of which is an away fixture that we dropped points in, a team that know how to play hard and direct football

Yeah I'll take experience ovet youth for that one no bother

Patterson will know that stranraer game was a one off to introduce him to the top team, the academy kids will know that to, it won't harm them one bit

You say Patterson has done no wrong, but playing well against stranraer isnt exactly world beating, flanagan has played well numerous times but people just hark back to his pittodrie game (that the team shat the bed in) as a reason to never play him again 

You have your opinion i have mine, i think its mental to throw a young kid into hearts away potentially when this is our chance to ramp up the pressure on the tarriers

7 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Two games till he's back, one of which is an away fixture that we dropped points in, a team that know how to play hard and direct football

Yeah I'll take experience ovet youth for that one no bother

Patterson will know that stranraer game was a one off to introduce him to the top team, the academy kids will know that to, it won't harm them one bit

You say Patterson has done no wrong, but playing well against stranraer isnt exactly world beating, flanagan has played well numerous times but people just hark back to his pittodrie game (that the team shat the bed in) as a reason to never play him again 

You have your opinion i have mine, i think its mental to throw a young kid into hearts away potentially when this is our chance to ramp up the pressure on the tarriers

You need reminded of last season?

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You need reminded of last season?

Last season when flanagan came in and did extremely well, 

But lets not go to last season, lets simply go back to young boys away, hearts away, how many mistakes tav made cost us again 

If we used poor performances as an excuse to never play for us again we wouldn't have a team, flanagan earned the right at the end of last season to be part of the first team, his hernia op then tidy up op set him back, 

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

But lets not go to last season, lets simply go back to young boys away, hearts away, how many mistakes tav made cost us again 

If we used poor performances as an excuse to never play for us again we wouldn't have a team, flanagan earned the right at the end of last season to be part of the first team, his hernia op then tidy up op set him back, 

There’s every chance Patterson will start against St.Mirren.  He was meant to get moved up to the first-team squad next season but why not do it now?  Flanagan and Polster have no future here so give the young guy his chance.

Also, Hickey will be playing LB for Hearts and he’s only 17 so I’d have no issue with us playing Patterson at RB.  Motherwell promoted Turnbull and Hastie last season and they were a revelation.  Showing faith in the youth players can really payoff and by all accounts this Patterson is extremely promising.

42 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Sorry mate, I have to disagree with you. Flanagan is nowhere near good enough for us along with Halliday I might add. We need proper cover for Borna.  

33 minutes ago, TMB said:

There’s every chance Patterson will start against St.Mirren.  He was meant to get moved up to the first-team squad next season but why not do it now?  Flanagan and Polster have no future here so give the young guy his chance.

Also, Hickey will be playing LB for Hearts and he’s only 17 so I’d have no issue with us playing Patterson at RB.  Motherwell promoted Turnbull and Hastie last season and they were a revelation.  Showing faith in the youth players can really payoff and by all accounts this Patterson is extremely promising.

I said my point about him being promoted while tavs here, he will be wasted on the bench or in the stands, if he's tavs successor then he should go out on loan while tav is here, lile mcgregor did while better, more experienced keepers were here

As for other clubs playing youth, they dont have anywhere near the same pressure to perform and win as we do, hearts, motherwell, Hamilton etc, they can all bed in their young players as they dont have a pressing need to perform every single game,

29 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

@Jimbeamjunior

Where you not often saying games at end of last season were irrelevant as was nothing to play for?

Also Flanagan was woeful at RB against Kilmarnock end of the season.

How anybody can claim Flanagan has done 'extremely well' is beyond me. He's had a handful of very good games. 

As for talking about Tavs poor games, weak argument as he's had much more better performances than Flanagan will ever have.

Was terrible against Aberdeen and scum this season. Both Spartak games, Motherwell away, Killie home, Aberdeen home, Aberdeen league cup last season off the top of my head.

He's the last full back we need at home to St Mirren with the way we play.

Flanagan has barely played in his natural position for us, and he wasn't terrible against the tarriers earlier this season, he was actually our best defender that day

You pick other games where he was poor, but neglect to mention games he did well in, if you want we could pick shite performances from every first team member, infact motherwell away if memory serves me right flanagan played as centre half of a back 3, and goldson was worse that day

As for playing against st mirren, if tav isnt going to be back for Tynecastle then the right back for that trip has to play against st mirren so they have match practise, and imo a young player whod has played one game against stranraer isnt the guy to be throwing into hearts away

5 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Sorry mate, I have to disagree with you. Flanagan is nowhere near good enough for us along with Halliday I might add. We need proper cover for Borna.  

No one is saying he's a first pick, but as experienced cover for tav yes he is, if he isnt and neither is polster then why the hell are they still here and why hasnt gerrard tried to fix that issue, 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No one is saying he's a first pick, but as experienced cover for tav yes he is, if he isnt and neither is polster then why the hell are they still here and why hasnt gerrard tried to fix that issue, 

It’s a good question mate.  I would still upgrade the stand ins for our fullbacks.  Flanagan has won a watch being employed by us. I can’t say too much about Polster as he hasn’t had enough game time. Jury still out on Polster I suppose. The young boy Patterson looks like he has good potential. 

15 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Halliday and Flanagan’s contracts run out at the end of the season.  The club is trying to get a loan for Polster but he’s refusing to go back to the USA and his work permit won’t allow him to move to a team down South.  

1 hour ago, TMB said:

Using the fact that Hickey starts for Hearts is a pretty poor argument for starting one of our own youngsters. First of all we're not Hearts. Hearts are pish. Secondly every time I've seen Hickey he's looked physically weak and has been directly involved in Hearts conceding goals.

While Patterson did okay on Friday he was up against a team from a lower division who offered zero going forward. None of us have seen how the boy will cope defensively and to throw him right in at the deep end in games of such importance is madness. Gerrard would be rightly criticised for it should he play him and results go against us.

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Using the fact that Hickey starts for Hearts is a pretty poor argument for starting one of our own youngsters. First of all we're not Hearts. Hearts are pish. Secondly every time I've seen Hickey he's looked physically weak and has been directly involved in Hearts conceding goals.

While Patterson did okay on Friday he was up against a team from a lower division who offered zero going forward. None of us have seen how the boy will cope defensively and to throw him right in at the deep end in games of such importance is madness. Gerrard would be rightly criticised for it should he play him and results go against us.

Good post mate. 

We dont know how well Patterson can do defensively. That's fair comment. We do know he likes to push forward in a similar style as Tav does. He showed up well doing just that the other night. Very well.

Flanagan has been hit or miss defensively in his time with us. He offers as much as I do sitting in the Broomie in terms of his attacking contribution. 

Would actually prefer the relative unknown of Polster than Flanagan if Gerrard errs in not continuing with Patterson who in Gerrard's own words has done everything asked of him.

Cant say I'm actually that worried by Hearts away despite dropping points there earlied in the season. Others seem pretty worried. Dont think we really turned up that day, and I fully expect us to rectify that when that game arrives. Attacking them would be our best form of defence, Patterson is the best option of the 3 for that imo.

51 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

As he will if it ends 0-0 and Flanagan offers nothing on Wednesday.

If flanagan gets the blame for us drawing 0-0 at home to st mirren while guys like defoe, aribo, davis, jack, kent, barisic, arfield, kamara etc all get away scott free then we are fucking barking mad

Defoe, kent and aribo should be enough to beat st mirren at home with 7 defenders behind them nevermind having guys like the rest above backing them up

Archived