Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

8 hours ago, King Jela said:

I know we're not allowed to say it but the tarriers have been very impressive up to this point in the league. If they end up winning the league  with just 2 defeats and a draw then fair enough. 

I think that's a big problem. I touched upon it earlier and the stats show it. Our points return is pretty good. The fact they have only dropped 8 points out of 78 makes everything a million times worse. Even if they had drawn a couple more we are right in this.

There are so many factors to consider. It's a pretty unique and complex situation. We have obviously made mistakes collectively but they have effectively had an 8 year start on us in every area. It's tough to come back from that.

We demand success so much though. We are desperate for it. We need it. We don't care about logic. We have no more patience. We want silverware and we want it now. It's a pretty fucked up situation. It's so frustrating. Some will say I'm delusional but I think we're close. I have no idea what happens next though. Pretty depressing. We just need to somehow get on a winning run. How we react at the weekend and the next few games after that will be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if we went on a decent run.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting to question if Gerrard is actually the ‘winner’ we thought we we’re getting. 

A terrifically gifted footballer with very high standards, but perhaps he lacks the mentality to get a league over the line. 

Not saying we replace him, but to say I’ve been disappointed in him, his approach and his attitude recently would be an understatement. 

51 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Starting to question if Gerrard is actually the ‘winner’ we thought we we’re getting. 

A terrifically gifted footballer with very high standards, but perhaps he lacks the mentality to get a league over the line. 

Not saying we replace him, but to say I’ve been disappointed in him, his approach and his attitude recently would be an understatement. 

Top players seldom make too manager. Guardiola is the exception not the rule.

Hes certainly turned us around but not entirely sure he has the intelligence or experience  to take us further. 

Just catching up on the Record Rangers Podcast just now(I know, I know) and Scott McDermott said Gerrard was asked why he didn’t make a sub earlier on in the game when it started getting more end to end and he said he was “waiting for his players to get control back” 

For a manager to come out with that...mental IMO. He should be making a change to try and gain control back, not waiting to see what happens when the game is clearly opening up and there’s a chance we could throw it away (which we did).

Naive as fuck comment, but not one that surprises me because Gerrard has been by and large awful when it comes to effective subs throughout his time here.

6 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Top players seldom make too manager. Guardiola is the exception not the rule.

Hes certainly turned us around but not entirely sure he has the intelligence or experience  to take us further. 

That’s an overused cliche IMO. Plenty of great players have gone on to be great managers too.

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Just catching up on the Record Rangers Podcast just now(I know, I know) and Scott McDermott said Gerrard was asked why he didn’t make a sub earlier on in the game when it started getting more end to end and he said he was “waiting for his players to get control back” 

For a manager to come out with that...mental IMO. He should be making a change to try and gain control back, not waiting to see what happens when the game is clearly opening up and there’s a chance we could throw it away (which we did).

Naive as fuck comment, but not one that surprises me because Gerrard has been by and large awful when it comes to effective subs throughout his time here.

The game the other night was set up nicely for Jones(ain't really a fan of his)with his pace to get behind Killie when they were pushing up the park in the last half an hour or so 

18 months into a 4 year (now extended) contract. Spending considerably less than our main opponent who are hitting unbelievable runs of (referee aided) consistency.

We have improved against them no doubt. We have improved on the gap between ourselves and 3rd but not by enough.  Dropped points are crippling.

Our opponent far outspends us on transfers, loans, salaries. Yet folk have decided he's had long enough, let's bring in a new guy with the same challenges to stop 10.

I said at the start I'd give him longer than most, I was thinking 3 years minimum needed to stop 10, and seems I was right that 2 years wouldn't be enough. The progress has slowed, but not by enough for me to turn on him. He's got huge work ahead, and he'll get 2 more transfer windows from me. 

16 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

The game the other night was set up nicely for Jones(ain't really a fan of his)with his pace to get behind Killie when they were pushing up the park in the last half an hour or so 

Jones for Hagi and Davis for Aribo are the two changes I would have made.

Davis helps get control of the midfield back and like you say Jones gives you more pace, more directness and more of an outball on the break.

He's 45 mins away from the majority turning on him imo. Especially if he continues to refuse trying to make any kind of change to our formation or tactics when it's blatantly obvious they haven't worked since the break. 

When the game was still at 0-0 someone on the radio said that was us on less points than the same period last season and behind on points 3 of the 5 times Aberdeen finished second.   For all the backing he's had that's nowhere near good enough.

1 hour ago, Coop said:

When the game was still at 0-0 someone on the radio said that was us on less points than the same period last season and behind on points 3 of the 5 times Aberdeen finished second.   For all the backing he's had that's nowhere near good enough.

Stop listening to liars on the radio.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Dunno but he got plenty criticism on here so does he not get any for changing it and a win?

Thats why some will be happy to accept mediocrity.

Well done gaffer with your tactical savvy  we hammered the mighty Livingston at Ibrox 1- 0 , outstanding. Aberdeen & Hearts will be shitting themselves.  

1 minute ago, Bertent said:

Thats why some will be happy to accept mediocrity.

Well done gaffer with your tactical savvy  we hammered the mighty Livingston at Ibrox 1- 0 , outstanding. Aberdeen & Hearts will be shitting themselves.  

Expertly deliberately misinterpreting my point entirely, well done.

I'm saying a bit of objectivity goes a long way, be it for Gerrard, a player, the team. If you criticise someone for something then they do it differently, like you'd wanted, then a decent person would praise whereas a cunt would fail to.

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Expertly deliberately misinterpreting my point entirely, well done.

I'm saying a bit of objectivity goes a long way, be it for Gerrard, a player, the team. If you criticise someone for something then they do it differently, like you'd wanted, then a decent person would praise whereas a cunt would fail 

Ha ha oh dear......

Archived