Just thinking of Scott Nisbet the other day

The Widow's Son

20 minutes ago, miracle said:

It seems that as of 2017 he was running his own soccer school in Lanzarote.    Show those locals how it's done Nissy!

He still is mate. Have bumped into him a few times in recent years whilst walking near the Princes Yaiza Hotel  in Playa Blanca where he does kids. football. 

Often frequents the Terrace bar in Playa Blanca  as well. 

Has a very decent life out there. 

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I was very young when Nissy was playing for us but watching back on videos etc he seems like one of those guys who didn’t really have a best position or anything and was told to just go on and run about 😂 

Big Nissie was probably a bit of a cult figure mate, he wasn't a great player in a really good Rangers side, but honest enough, tried his best, and that goal?, well.... 

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

Add Durrants in Marseille for me ,All 3 from our youth system 

lots of memorable goals that campaign the inaugural champions league where we were genuine contenders 

I was quite young and that campaign was formative for me as a Bear in so many ways. I'll hate Marseille until the day I die, cheats.

2 minutes ago, Assegai said:

I was quite young and that campaign was formative for me as a Bear in so many ways. I'll hate Marseille until the day I die, cheats.

Totally different era ,I remember watching the games wi my auld man wi a few cans ,that was probably the first time all the games were live ,I would have been 22 at the time 

When I saw the goals from the first Marseille CSKA game I thought there was skullduggery involved ,the goal keeper was atrocious ,diving our the way of the ball more than once ,Made for a 6 nil win ,

with only group winners going to the final we never had a chance 

3 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Totally different era ,I remember watching the games wi my auld man wi a few cans ,that was probably the first time all the games were live ,I would have been 22 at the time 

When I saw the goals from the first Marseille CSKA game I thought there was skullduggery involved ,the goal keeper was atrocious ,diving our the way of the ball more than once ,Made for a 6 nil win ,

with only group winners going to the final we never had a chance 

The real Champions league, the Champions from each league, not the fourth from England, or the third from Germany, it's away to fuck now, all about money of course. 

5 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

We were mate, great days.

The run to Manchester was a great time too. But nowhere near that campaign 

Manchester for me and a lot is others was strange ,The fixture back log caused me to go into ties not fussed about the outcome ,We win good stuff ,We lose then we could concentrate on the league  

38 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I was very young when Nissy was playing for us but watching back on videos etc he seems like one of those guys who didn’t really have a best position or anything and was told to just go on and run about 😂 

Ah, that fully explains the beginnings of what would become McCoist's managerial career:lol:

Archived