A split in the squad

If there has been a split in the squad, then fair enough, but it's been allowed to drag on too long, and has ultimately cost us the league and Scottish Cup.

The problem should have been nipped in The bud long ago, and those responsible dealt with.

I'm sure there are fall outs and politics along the London Road,  but I can guarantee that Mr Lennon would come down on it like a ton of bricks.

Plus there's the fact that nowadays it is very difficult for a Manager to go into a dressing room and rant and rave.

Players will just run to their agents and claim bullying etc etc. They are a bunch of snowflakes, and unfortunately they hold all the cards.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

If there has been a split in the squad, then fair enough, but it's been allowed to drag on too long, and has ultimately cost us the league and Scottish Cup.

The problem should have been nipped in The bud long ago, and those responsible dealt with.

I'm sure there are fall outs and politics along the London Road,  but I can guarantee that Mr Lennon would come down on it like a ton of bricks.

Plus there's the fact that nowadays it is very difficult for a Manager to go into a dressing room and rant and rave.

Players will just run to their agents and claim bullying etc etc. They are a bunch of snowflakes, and unfortunately they hold all the cards.

Back in the day the captain also helped to sort out dressing room drama's.

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Back in the day the captain also helped to sort out dressing room drama's.

Everyone knows what it's like in their own workplaces nowadays. PC shite. Cant say this, cant say that. Someone gets a row for fucking up, and run to HR claiming bullying etc etc.

The world has gone to pot.

Snowflakes and The Offended one's everywhere you look.

26 minutes ago, fernando0606 said:

I dont think he is the problem. 

But he clearly has some sort of problem. He is missing chances he was putting away for fun a few weeks ago. I am speculating it may be connected to bigger problems within the squad.

1 hour ago, TheBluebells said:

This is one of the most mental comparisons i've read here.

To make it fair, can you tell me what Liverpool have won last season and are on course to win this year please? 

Cheers. 

Hardly,  I watch both teams week in week out and can draw the comparisons with the drop in form.   The point is about a fall off in performance and results after the first half of the season and the winter break, not which trophies may end up on the shelf.

38 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

But he clearly has some sort of problem. He is missing chances he was putting away for fun a few weeks ago. I am speculating it may be connected to bigger problems within the squad.

Tbf there keeper had a good game, hes played well whenever I've seen him

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Naw.

Goldson and McGregor separately on Barisic, particularly McGregor going fucking mental at Barisic for Hamilton's goal hints something's not right to me.

I can't see any signs players aren't playing for Gerrard though, you don't create more than half a dozen clear cut chances and over 30 in total if players aren't looking to win.

Remember the Rangers side packed with stars who coasted the domestic league year after year but generally got a short shift in Europe....disappointing time after time.

This squad  do it in reverse.

Hindsight is always easy  to apply but it is a pity we could not have bolstered the team more in the January window.

The centre back pairing continues to be a real concern and unfortunately not the only one.

This team is running on empty.

6 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

Hardly,  I watch both teams week in week out and can draw the comparisons with the drop in form.   The point is about a fall off in performance and results after the first half of the season and the winter break, not which trophies may end up on the shelf.

This isn't a drop in form though, we've completely collapsed and blown our chances of winning anything we had left to challenge for. 

Yes they've had a tiny dip but they also don't give a shit about the cup and field a weakened team and are still on course to win the league by some distance. 

I don't think it's a comparison that makes much sense, even more so with your 'sack Klopp?' comment. 

25 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

This isn't a drop in form though, we've completely collapsed and blown our chances of winning anything we had left to challenge for. 

Yes they've had a tiny dip but they also don't give a shit about the cup and field a weakened team and are still on course to win the league by some distance. 

I don't think it's a comparison that makes much sense, even more so with your 'sack Klopp?' comment. 

Compared to Liverpool’s form pre Winter break it is a complete collapse.   Out of one cup and potentially out of two.  Klopp is an outstanding manager and no Liverpool fan would want him to leave.   Is a tiny dip 3 defeats in 4 games? Tell the 6000 Liverpool fans at Stamford Bridge that the FA Cup didn’t matter.  Was at the game against Hearts and Chelsea so doubly passed off.☹️

The  sack Klopp comment is an analogy with the sack Gerrard comments.    Neither is going to happen.

25 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

For me this comes down to mentality. This group of players don't have it. Crumbling under the expectations of winning trophies. 

Kent mid week saying the team prefer europe as less pressure. Our captain's comments about the side struggling with sides getting in their face. Even the halliday interview today he was saying he feared the worst when we went a goal down.

That's the core of this issue. We badly need leaders on that pitch. That can impose themselves and thrive on the pressure for success.  

9 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

Compared to Liverpool’s form pre Winter break it is a complete collapse.   Out of one cup and potentially out of two.  Klopp is an outstanding manager and no Liverpool fan would want him to leave.   Is a tiny dip 3 defeats in 4 games? Tell the 6000 Liverpool fans at Stamford Bridge that the FA Cup didn’t matter.  Was at the game against Hearts and Chelsea so doubly passed off.☹️

The  sack Klopp comment is an analogy with the sack Gerrard comments.    Neither is going to happen.

I mean the cups don't matter as much to the teams, of course the fans care but you see it so often with teams down there fielding weakened teams, I'd be so pissed off with it as a fan. 

I think it is a dip (Liverpools form has been record breaking so any few defeats was going to be 'shocking') and ours is a total collapse when you look at what we can both still realistically win. 

Nah Gerrard is here for the foreseeable, I think anyway. 

9 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

For me this comes down to mentality. This group of players don't have it. Crumbling under the expectations of winning trophies. 

Kent mid week saying the team prefer europe as less pressure. Our captain's comments about the side struggling with sides getting in their face. Even the halliday interview today he was saying he feared the worst when we went a goal down.

That's the core of this issue. We badly need leaders on that pitch. That can impose themselves and thrive on the pressure for success.  

Yet they made it to a cup final and made it to the winter break still in the league, there has been pressure all season not just now

18 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Yet they made it to a cup final and made it to the winter break still in the league, there has been pressure all season not just now

The comments from players in the last week is a major red flag for me. I don't think that kind of attitude is going to bring the success we want to see. 

12 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

No split in the squad, ( I know a current player slightly) players were unhappy about Dubai, they were knackered when they returned

The players who talk about being better as under dogs, and how we're not great if teams smell blood and get in our faces? Those players say it's not about them it's about being overworked?  And 2 MONTHS after we're back from it they're still getting fucked by the bottom of the league. Twice consecutively.

Great to hear.

Archived