Current Players You Want Here Next Season.

tannerall

I hope Gerrard has already done a similar list.

McGregor: No brainer.

Barisic: Solid.

Katic: We bit erratic, but aerial ability and commitment and most importantly potential.

Helander or Edmundsen: Give them both a try out till end of season,the better of the two can stay.

Tavernier: No longer as captain, but the freedom  of responsibility and hopefully better squad will hopefully enable him to regain the form of the previous few seasons.

Jack: Probably best of the midfield we have just now. 

Aribo, Flatters to deceive a lot, but hes a skilful player whose great feet can find openings.

Hagi: No brainer.

Morelos: We know how good he can be, just need to work hard again to get it sorted, and hopefully get his confidence back.

Kent: Not as good as we hoped for the price, but has the potential, just hoped he hasn't peaked.

Docherty: Squad player if he is brought back soon and shows promise.

Kamberi: Squad player with a wee bit toughness and potential, try's hard and is always looking for the ball in decent positions up front.

Kamara: Decide at end of season, not sure of his consistently .

That's around 13 players, pull in a few of the best youngsters and it leaves us needing 6 dependable bought in or loan players for the squad. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Jack Aribo and Hagi. Jury is out on Kamberi.

Would gladly take offers for all others.

Flanagan, Halliday, Ojo all out of contract must all be chased.

I'd keep Haliday for the banter and dressing room spirit, could maybe fill in the old Andy Cameron role as well.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

If the likes of an Andy Firth and Polster get to hang around then I dont see why Halliday can't.

Hes out of contract and needs no pay off. Why the fuck would we offer him a new contract given his limited ability and contribution.

19 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Right now.

McGregor, Katic, Helander, Edmundson, Barisic, Jack, Hagi and Aribo are the only ones I would keep to be part of the squad.  50/50 with Morelos.

Grim!

Totally agree with your choice. The rest can get tae fuck.

Grim indeed.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Hes out of contract and needs no pay off. Why the fuck would we offer him a new contract given his limited ability and contribution.

So we get rid of Halliday who would probably accept the same terms of his contract and is one of at most 3 in that while dressing room who get  what the club is about yet keep Firth and Polster around just because their contract still has years to run? It's not like Halliday is on any major wage.

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

So we get rid of Halliday who would probably accept the same terms of his contract and is one of at most 3 in that while dressing room who get  what the club is about yet keep Firth and Polster around just because their contract still has years to run? It's not like Halliday is on any major wage.

Of course you get rid, never going to be a starter and could put the money from his wages towards new players. It’s a bit different with Firth and Polster. 

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

We get what the club is about but don't have the ability to deliver. Neither does Halliday.

We'll likely take a hit getting rid of the non contributors like Barker who are under contract. Why on earth would we not take the opportunity to get rid ofll someone not contributing for free.

I don't know how much hes on, neither do you, but I know itll still be more than I want to pay for a squad player that brings little to the 1st team when he gets the chance.

Honest to fuck, of all the comments I was expecting today, giving Halliday a new contract when the current one ends kn the summer wasnt one of them.

1 minute ago, stuart1994 said:

Of course you get rid, never going to be a starter and could put the money from his wages towards new players. It’s a bit different with Firth and Polster. 

Why is it different? Give me a player with Andy Hallidays attitude ahead of most of that squad right now. 

Mcgregor but in an ideal world we'd bring someone in capable of benching him.

Helander, Katic. 

Jack, Aribo, Arfield as a bench option.

Hagi but I'm weary as we simply don't have a large enough sample size of games yet from him.

The rest can and need to fuck off. Either nowhere near the level required or have openly admitted they are terrified of playing for us against Hearts and Hamilton so as I say, they can fuck off.

Why is it different? Give me a player with Andy Hallidays attitude ahead of most of that squad right now. 

We have a squad of underperforming permanent starters, and back ups who quite enjoy that safety blanket never seizing opportunities to show they deserve being a first choice pick.

Halliday and Flanagan are both in that 2nd category and if we dont move them on then we'll continue having the dross we have now both in the starting 11 and squad.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We get what the club is about but don't have the ability to deliver. Neither does Halliday.

We'll likely take a hit getting rid of the non contributors like Barker who are under contract. Why on earth would we not take the opportunity to get rid ofll someone not contributing for free.

I don't know how much hes on, neither do you, but I know itll still be more than I want to pay for a squad player that brings little to the 1st team when he gets the chance.

Honest to fuck, of all the comments I was expecting today, giving Halliday a new contract when the current one ends kn the summer wasnt one of them.

Trust me it wasnt one of mine either but I'd rather stand by an Andy Halliday than defend the rest of them. He never hides from his responsibilities as a Rangers player, unlike most the others and in particular our captain. I never mentioned he has the ability to be a first team regular, far from it, but fuck me his attitude and personality far outweighs most others. If the team were performing and doing what they should be doing we wouldn't be speaking about this at all.

The major difference is Halliday’s contract is up in the summer, thought that was pretty much obvious. 

Trust me it wasnt one of mine either but I'd rather stand by an Andy Halliday than defend the rest of them. He never hides from his responsibilities as a Rangers player, unlike most the others and in particular our captain. I never mentioned he has the ability to be a first team regular, far from it, but fuck me his attitude and personality far outweighs most others. If the team were performing and doing what they should be doing we wouldn't be speaking about this at all.

It's not about defending or attacking  him  or others. Or about choosing him over others or vice versa.

It's about the opportunity to cost free remove someone not good enough from our squad and payroll. Now is that time, to offer a new contract to a by and large non contributor would be criminal.

Personality and attitude needs to be combined with being good enough, and that's his downfall.

Archived