Toothless in attack!

Del

52 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Starts from the back where we’re way too slow shifting it forward, eventually gets toTav or Barisic meanwhile the opposition have 9 men in the box and none of our midfielders make runs, consequently Fredo on his own with little chance of getting on the end of anything.

When he does get on the end of it he's either too slow to get away from his man takes a bad touch or hits it straight at the keeper, I'ts like a re-run of a bad movie.

Cutting through all the shite, we were only humped by the worst two teams in league and threw away the league.

Not  really much to be arguing about or defending. The results don't lie.

Watching those making excuses for the guilty though is even more depressing than the results.

2 hours ago, Tomatasauce said:

It’s shows that without morelos on form we have nobody who can find the back of the net on a regular basis, defoe is done, and the others are of spfl standard a player

how many games has morelos missed during that 12 game run? Not far off half of them, that’s what the stupid cunt has to see, he’s killing us with his petulant shite 

I don't think we'll see the best of Alfie until he's gone.

His head is turned

We've literally been relying on Tav and Barasic to create assists for a long time and Alfie scoring goals...alot of which he made by running defenders down or getting lucky breaks in the box. The fact remains we have lacked creativity, we don't carve teams up when they sit deep, celtic seem to be able to do it but they have a much more dynamic forward line.

6 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

I don't think we'll see the best of Alfie until he's gone.

His head is turned

I’ll stick my neck out and say we’ve already seen it.

Title winning sides often have 3 players in the starting XI who are all capable of scoring double figures in a league campaign.  We only play with 1 up top and are completely reliant on that player whether its Morelos or Defoe to score the goals.  Nobody else chips in with enough goals. Ryan Kent has 6 in 20 and I believe has the potential, but he needs to kick on now. Morelos will go in the summer and will need replacing with 2 prolific forwards.

The formation has to change, or play the personnel to suit the formation. The formation only suits 3 players imo. Tav barasic and morelos. 2 of they 3 are badly off form and the other hasn't exactly been great either. It forces our cms to sit deep and cover the full backs. It exposes our ch's when the cover isn't there. The 2 no10s are wanting /told to come central congesting the area. 

If morelos isn't scoring the formation doesn't work, likewise if the creativity from the full backs isn't there. 

Imo Hagi should be more central, Kent should hug the touchline. Maybe a Walter type formation. 4-4-1-1 hagi behind morelos. Kent wide left, a more Conservative player wide right, like Davis first spell. Give more freedom to aribo n Jack in the center. 

Rambling on and boring myself with football manager pish here 😂

I agree Del although the defending has been woeful the ball is coming back to our defence to often , as well as scoring more our forwards/ forward should be holding the ball up better and letting our midfield have the ball and create more. I’m definitely not defending our sometimes shambolic back line but let’s keep the ball away from them for much longer periods.

2 hours ago, hooooootchy said:

The formation has to change, or play the personnel to suit the formation. The formation only suits 3 players imo. Tav barasic and morelos. 2 of they 3 are badly off form and the other hasn't exactly been great either. It forces our cms to sit deep and cover the full backs. It exposes our ch's when the cover isn't there. The 2 no10s are wanting /told to come central congesting the area. 

If morelos isn't scoring the formation doesn't work, likewise if the creativity from the full backs isn't there. 

Imo Hagi should be more central, Kent should hug the touchline. Maybe a Walter type formation. 4-4-1-1 hagi behind morelos. Kent wide left, a more Conservative player wide right, like Davis first spell. Give more freedom to aribo n Jack in the center. 

Rambling on and boring myself with football manager pish here 😂

It may be repetitive and boring but it’s spot on.

20 hours ago, They Gnu said:

Starts from the back where we’re way too slow shifting it forward, eventually gets toTav or Barisic meanwhile the opposition have 9 men in the box and none of our midfielders make runs, consequently Fredo on his own with little chance of getting on the end of anything.

True.

On Wednesday, Hamilton went from their box to ours in 3, 4 or 5 passes. It was taking us 10,11,12 passes to do the same, giving the opposition plenty time to organise a packed defence. Lobbing the balls in from wide does not work,  we go side to side looking for an opening then lose the ball. At no time do we shoot from distance, especially keeping the ball low where the ball could be deflected in our favour.

Just now, bornabear said:

True.

On Wednesday, Hamilton went from their box to ours in 3, 4 or 5 passes. It was taking us 10,11,12 passes to do the same, giving the opposition plenty time to organise a packed defence. Lobbing the balls in from wide does not work,  we go side to side looking for an opening then lose the ball. At no time do we shoot from distance, especially keeping the ball low where the ball could be deflected in our favour.

Starting to look like a Warburton team

15 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

True but for months Alfredo’s being getting us out the shit. 

True mate, I did like the deflection away from the defence by blaming the attack.

Defensive fuck ups have cost us points, plain and simple, whatever way  anyone wants to spin it.

I don’t know why given the personnel available we can’t play the 4-2-3-1 formation as that surely would benefit every player we have.  Defence stays as per usual with wanker Davis and jack as the next 2 then 3 of aribo hagi and Kent/arfield then Morelos or Defoe 

On 07/03/2020 at 08:52, bornabear said:

At no time do we shoot from distance, especially keeping the ball low where the ball could be deflected in our favour.

Seems I had a crystal ball occasion yesterday.

The system we play doesn't help, you basically have the centre mids covering the full backs while they whip in cross after aimless cross, Hagi came in more centrally at the start of the 2nd half and done more in 10 minutes than he did full 1st half.

Gerrards obsession with 2 or more sitting midfielders in the spl will eventually get him sacked. 

Another honest mistake, hand ball,penalty,possibly  down to 10 and that doesn't  make a  difference, still rank rotten ,but the game  defining  decisions  the corrupt  fuckers make only go one way.

Kick them Out. 

Archived