The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Dude said:

Yes, but I do see how they got there.

This is going to be a fucking mess no matter what happens. 

Wonder how he came to that conclusion, whether by his own accord and daftness, or whether that was a line fed to him by those fine chaps at the spfl who are discussing their intentions with clubs. No matter, I really cant see how someone could come to that conclusion unless you mistake the meaning of disregard.

Yes, on that we can agree.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Well, that seems to be the path theyre heading down so if its waffle we may well see it torn to pieces. 

To be quite frank I'd be disappointed if they were just handed the championship as I'd rather the season was played to a finish. However, they were by far the most likely to win and there's a need to make the best of a bad job. I must admit to a small measure of sly enjoyment that they won't be awarded a trophy in front of their fans at the end of the season and, let's face it, win the cup. I just cant help feeling that if we were in the same position as new year I.e. 2 points behind, with a game in hand, they would still hand them the championship.

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I have no doubt our fans would reach into their pockets if it came to it.

Early season ticket renewal, despite all the bad form and alleged fall outs in the squad - Start afresh, this could be a way out.

Added to the inevitable payout from Europa League non completion that would tide us over hopefully

4 hours ago, dougal72 said:

Ideal scenario would be the epl asking those still mathematically involved in a title race to concede the league to Liverpool which I think they would probably agree to. And then have the the spl ask if we would do the same...

Which we all know the answer would be from the other clubs. Only way we would stand a chance is if it meant the team at the bottom got relegated. 

17 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Which we all know the answer would be from the other clubs. Only way we would stand a chance is if it meant the team at the bottom got relegated. 

As has been said, the SPFL probably will introduce an extended Premier League (and league below) to negate relegation/promotion disputes. They won't get the 4 OF games a season, but that is minimal disruption in these times now. In fact it works perfectly for the SPFL as they have always wanted a 16-18 team top league.

Down the lower league, many teams will struggle to survive in all honesty - so we could be left with 2 levels of senior leagues in reality.

So lets say we have to play out the games behind closed doors, we pull it back to 4 points and the filthies lose most of their players to the virus, do you think sporting integrity will be required at that point. They are scum balls from fan to owner, ffs they don't even blush at child abuse.

Firstly the club need to be on the front foot, as there is no point in challenging an award to them after it's happened.

We need to influence the outcome, with legal threat if needed.

However, the MO if our board is to neither be proactive nor challenge, so probably another pumping it is.

9 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

As has been said, the SPFL probably will introduce an extended Premier League (and league below) to negate relegation/promotion disputes. They won't get the 4 OF games a season, but that is minimal disruption in these times now. In fact it works perfectly for the SPFL as they have always wanted a 16-18 team top league.

Down the lower league, many teams will struggle to survive in all honesty - so we could be left with 2 levels of senior leagues in reality.

Agreed this would offer the SPFL the least worst situation. Promotion and relegation problems taken out and we are left with 2 leagues. It is just a question of how many clubs survive.

13 hours ago, The Dude said:

Well, that seems to be the path theyre heading down so if its waffle we may well see it torn to pieces. 

This is an SPFL board decision. Have they already met and decided this? Have you spoken to board members? Or are you saying that the decision is being made by clubs somehow?

11 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

That's never gonna happen ,tv companys would touch us without the 4 old firm games 

38 minutes ago, Polo said:

This is an SPFL board decision. Have they already met and decided this? Have you spoken to board members? Or are you saying that the decision is being made by clubs somehow?

No, I've spoken to officials at clubs who have been told by the SPFL that this is how they plan to proceed. One of those clubs are represented on the board.

Just now, The Dude said:

No, I've spoken to officials at clubs who have been told by the SPFL that this is how they plan to proceed. One of those clubs are represented on the board.

So it has been predetermined? That doesn’t sound likely mate. 

Archived