The league must be voided

34 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I couldn't care less if they are given it. If they are, it's tainted. If they don't they'll just insist next year counts as 9 since this year was void rather than someone else won it. Almost like its a postponed game. 

A simple yes or no is all that is required Dude. This,"it will be tainted" is imo a party line rolled out to cover ones arse as a phrase to remain partial as not to raise one's head above the parapet...🤔🤔🤔

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

Just wondering who the “we” are that you referred to earlier who Hearts probably wouldn’t talk to.

Not The Old Firm specifically. One of the freelancers working for us earlier in the year released something pre-embargo and Hearts had a tantrum over it. We then wrote an article several weeks later criticising their style of play under Levein and they revoked our media accreditation. Always makes it fun when you bump into their media director at other grounds. 

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

What’s your name? Just to see if I have read any of your stuff. 👍

James Black. I've done stuff for Shoot, the Daily Record, WATP magazine and done a lot of stuff covering the youths a few years ago for Got The Battle Fever On. 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Scrapped. They are an additional competition rather than part of the actual league format so will just be scrapped completely for the year. 

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Hmm,

Thats another angle that the lawyers could go after IMO.

They are clearly defined and stated in the rules.

I don think for a second this is as clear cut as you believe.

C23 At the end of each Season the Club occupying position 11 in the Premiership (11 in the League) and the Clubs occupying positions 2, 3 and 4 in the Championship (14, 15 and 16 in the League) shall take part in the Premiership/Championship Play-Off Competition to determine which further Clubs, if any, may be promoted and relegated to and from the Premiership and the Championship.

Given that you say the season will be complete and League positions are set, just like any other season with a champion etc, how can the SPFL justify that they are not giving positions 2-4 in the championship a change to participate in the Playoffs as dictated by the rules of the league?

This would be a clear breach of the rules.

Just now, The Dude said:

James Black. I've done stuff for Shoot, the Daily Record, WATP magazine and done a lot of stuff covering the youths a few years ago for Got The Battle Fever On. 

Aye I have heard of you before. Was looking at the list of people on Not the Old Firm and was about to ask if that is who you were.

It was either that or Johnny McFarlane but his name never came up.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Hmm,

Thats another angle that the lawyers could go after IMO.

They are clearly defined and stated in the rules.

I don think for a second this is as clear cut as you believe.

This is the first paragraph form the article I think The Dude is quoting, obviously the part he quoted is also there.

By Ross Pilcher

Scottish clubs WILL have legal grounds to challenge any SPFL decision taken to end the season early without voiding the current standings but they’ll have to prove it was unreasonable. That’s according to top Mischon De Reya Sports lawyer Simon Leaf, who would be surprised if clubs who are hit hardest don’t try and challenge any decision that sees them relegated or miss out on promotion.

Just now, The Dude said:

They are and can be scrapped according to them too. 

Ive only read sections stating clubs are entitled based on their league positioning, and the games shall be played according to certain rules. Not read chapter and verse.

Which ones over ride and allow for their scrapping?

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

C23 At the end of each Season the Club occupying position 11 in the Premiership (11 in the League) and the Clubs occupying positions 2, 3 and 4 in the Championship (14, 15 and 16 in the League) shall take part in the Premiership/Championship Play-Off Competition to determine which further Clubs, if any, may be promoted and relegated to and from the Premiership and the Championship.

Given that you say the season will be complete and League positions are set, just like any other season with a champion etc, how can the SPFL justify that they are not giving positions 2-4 in the championship a change to participate in the Playoffs as dictated by the rules of the league?

This would be a clear breach of the rules.

Ill find out the specifics on the playoffs (I don't know the detail as it was just a 'they'll be scrapped' when I asked.) but I'm hopefully speaking to one of the playoff clubs tomorrow afternoon so will find out more. 

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

This is the first paragraph form the article I think The Dude is quoting, obviously the part he quoted is also there.

By Ross Pilcher

Scottish clubs WILL have legal grounds to challenge any SPFL decision taken to end the season early without voiding the current standings but they’ll have to prove it was unreasonable. That’s according to top Mischon De Reya Sports lawyer Simon Leaf, who would be surprised if clubs who are hit hardest don’t try and challenge any decision that sees them relegated or miss out on promotion.

We would also fall into that category. We would be being denied the opportunity to win the league and have a shot at qualifying for a competition worth about 20m for qualifying.

1 minute ago, MisterC said:

Why should this thread be locked?

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Or fuck off out of it if you're either not interested or want the discussions to continue repeatedly on other threads. 👍

Two exact same threads over 100 pages, merge them instead please x

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Aye I have heard of you before. Was looking at the list of people on Not the Old Firm and was about to ask if that is who you were.

It was either that or Johnny McFarlane but his name never came up.

Jonny done the record blog before me. 

I dont write much on NTOF and do more behind the scenes stuff there (lots of interviews, pressers, match content while others will write them up) and mainly write for Rangers News. 

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Ive only read sections stating clubs are entitled based on their league positioning, and the games shall be played according to certain rules. Not read chapter and verse.

Which ones over ride and allow for their scrapping?

See my reply to @mitre_mouldmaster on the same Q

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not The Old Firm specifically. One of the freelancers working for us earlier in the year released something pre-embargo and Hearts had a tantrum over it. We then wrote an article several weeks later criticising their style of play under Levein and they revoked our media accreditation. Always makes it fun when you bump into their media director at other grounds. 

Tbh I can see why they don’t want a bar of your site then.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Ill find out the specifics on the playoffs (I don't know the detail as it was just a 'they'll be scrapped' when I asked.) but I'm hopefully speaking to one of the playoff clubs tomorrow afternoon so will find out more. 

I'm not being funny but you're quoting specifics on rules, definitions etc on one hand to say rules are being adhered to then giving a definitive answer on another without knowing if rules cover it based on a comment from someone.

Thats shoddy.

Archived