The league must be voided

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

The wanker thrives on attention , do what most of us do on here , ignore the prick.

Comical the ones that run the site say hes done nothing wrong , in the past couple of years he has came out with some ridiculous statements on here that would have been a ban for anyone else.

Hes a taig bastard and its a certainty hes on their forums too.......

Such as?

10 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Why not?

Because its not an option the SPFL are currently considering.

Another club chairman has confirmed (in the phone call I mentioned yesterday) this morning that the SPFL intend to stick with the standings and I'll post the quotes this afternoon once I've written it up.

Whether you think I'm wrong or not, The SPFL are doing exactly what I said they would.

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Another club chairman has confirmed (in the phone call I mentioned yesterday) this morning that the SPFL intend to stick with the standings and I'll post the quotes this afternoon once I've written it up.

Whether you think I'm wrong or not, The SPFL are doing exactly what I said they would.

I believe you’re right it won’t be null and void but they are going to have some amount of smoke and mirrors to keep folk happy.

They could quite easily award the league but withhold the title.

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

They’ll give the scum the league win but it’ll be on the war time rule I think. Means they’ll be going for 9 next year though so we better get our shit together.

Not imo, if they don’t “win“ the league this year, cheerio 9 in a row!!👍🏻🇬🇧

35 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Doesn’t mean you should agree with it? They’re cheating, plain and simple. 

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

Doesn’t mean you should agree with it? They’re cheating, plain and simple. 

I do though based on the information I've got from people better qualified than me to know. That's not to say it's infallible but between where I've got the info from and others who have verified its accuracy, there's nothing I can see which disputes that. Even the 38-game thing is covered by rule A3.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If a game is postponed does a winning run end? 

They may be unbeaten, but they still didn’t “win” the postponed game/league did they? A winning run means you have to have a run of “wins“ continuously imo. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I do though based on the information I've got from people better qualified than me to know. That's not to say it's infallible but between where I've got the info from and others who have verified its accuracy, there's nothing I can see which disputes that. Even the 38-game thing is covered by rule A3.

A3 is of more significance at C38. Deciding on who is the champion club without the season being able to be completed due to 38 games having to be played makes it unenforceable. 
We will just have to agree to disagree. 

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

A3 is of more significance at C38. Deciding on who is the champion club without the season being able to be completed due to 38 games having to be played makes it unenforceable. 
We will just have to agree to disagree. 

A3 applies to every single rule. C13 is unenforceable. C38 remains as is.  The season is deemed complete by the SPFL's definition which includes no reference to number of games.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

A3 applies to every single rule. C13 is unenforceable. C38 remains as is.  The season is deemed complete by the SPFL's definition which includes no reference to number of games.

Ok one more then I give up. 
“Season means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first League Match in a Season and ending on the date of the last League Match in the same Season or otherwise as determined by the Board and which excludes the Close Season”

All this gives them leeway to do is extend the season as long as it doesn’t encroach onto the close season. 
The first match and the last match is dictated by rule C13. 

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

This is where it comes down to their discretion.

If they choose to do things this way, then they can possibly get away with declaring a Champion. If they read the rules another way, then their discretion could be used for possibly not declaring a Champion.

Im 50/50 on if I think a successful legal challenge could be raised against them to be honest.

What I think would be a more successful route is for the fans to put pressure on them to use their discretion in a different way. I think a compromise could be reached where everyone loses out a little, which is probably more palatable than some losing out massively and others getting everything they could possibly hope for. This would just breed absolute hatred.

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

Ok one more then I give up. 
“Season means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first League Match in a Season and ending on the date of the last League Match in the same Season or otherwise as determined by the Board and which excludes the Close Season”

All this gives them leeway to do is extend the season as long as it doesn’t encroach onto the close season. 
The first match and the last match is dictated by rule C13. 

Not if A3 says that C13 cant be enforced.

At this point C13 ceases to exist and the requirement for 38 matches disappears. 

This is where their discretion comes in and if it can be challenged or not.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Not if A3 says that C13 cant be enforced.

At this point C13 ceases to exist and the requirement for 38 matches disappears. 

This is where their discretion comes in and if it can be challenged or not.

The underlying basis of the rules is dictated by the number of games, i.e 33 games till the split, all games must be completed etc. They are bastardising this underlying principle with rule A3 but ignoring it for one rule only, the one it should be used for. 

3 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

There’s got to be something in the fact  Stuart Robertson has publicly indicated that he would challenge any title being handed out without the 38 games not being fulfilled? 

You've got to hope

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

I regularly did but tbh, I'll not be holding myself to the standard of what celtic bloggers wrote about us. 

When Morelos and Caixinha were being target by the media on the basis of their nationality, I used my column in the Record to call it out as xenophobic. 

When the media were ranting about a free conspiracy last January, I was in the paper calling it tinfoil hat bullshit. 

When clubs (and many of our own fans) wanted us out the SPL and put into D3 I was arguing the case how it could cost us millions in revenue, players and give them free run at titles and taking control of the running of Scottish football. 

And there are plenty more. 

If there's something I disagree with, I'll happily use my platform to highlight it. 

Theres been plenty of things folk have disagreed with Rangers on (and freely voiced their opinions on with no push back) yet apparently 'as a true Rangers fan' that means I should just ignore it? 

Isn't ignoring what people said because it was negative about Rangers part of the problem in 2011/12 onwards with Whyte and the parade of cunts who ended up in the boardroom? 

Cos your a shitebag about being refused work not because your taking any moral high ground, that’s why football fans don’t like journo’s

the voice of reason for everyone except Rangers fans, you boring the shite out of people now.

Archived