The league must be voided

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Are u not about 30 m8 ?😂

Late 30s.  I was too young to legally get in the Bristol but no one cared.  I grew up in Duke Street and drinking in the Louden and Bristol was never a problem at 16.  The Louden was £1 a pint so I was never out the place.  

3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

What happens if they can’t be completed

Null and void and restart next season.

Closed doors football is a no go.

This disease won’t be clear by then, in fact it will be worse.

UEFA should have finished it today and moved on to hopefully resuming football in August if they can.

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

UEFA should have finished it today and moved on to hopefully resuming football in August if they can.

Seems that way.

3 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

They have taken decision out of the cabals hands . That is a relief  for now . Yet i would imagine all Rangers games, have to be played behind closed doors in the months of March and April ..... Or else :nailbiting:

12 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

They have taken decision out of the cabals hands . That is a relief  for now . Yet i would imagine all Rangers games, have to be played behind closed doors in the months of March and April ..... Or else :nailbiting:

PFA already torpedoed that boat last week. 

3 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Closed door football ruled out.

No chance the football season will be complete by the stipulated date.

What the fuck are Japanese Pete, the SFA and the SPFL going to do now?

I cannot wait to find out, this is going to be fucking hilarious 😂 

Dunno but it's :popcorn: time.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/326962-ssb-meltdown-thread/page/9/#comments

To be honest, nothing really has changed on the face of it with that UEFA Statement.

The leagues have to be finished by 30th June. The SPFL could achieve this through two means:-

1. Null and Void

2. Call the league finished and use some method to declare Champions and all other places.

I think it is fairer to to it the Null and Void route, but I think the SPFL have the potential to come up with another method and basically force it through.

Only interesting thing is what would happen if a legal challenge was ongoing, against whatever option they tried to take (N&V or completed) which pushed the season beyond 30th June. I think that would risk the European places.

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Can anyone check if the Dude is still alive? 😂😂😂

Still alive, literally nothing has changed. Weird that you greet I'm posting incessantly then I don't post for half an hour and you're wanting a search party sent out.

Infact, if you want to go back and look, you'll see I predicted this would be UEFA's rough position, declare a date for competitions to be finished by.  Once that date passes, I expect leagues will be left to interpret their rule books if games aren't completed.

All UEFA have said so far is that leagues should be finished by June 30th.

Despite all your wailing, the SPFL's position remains that if (when) the season isn't completed, they'll declare final position based on the current standings.

11 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be honest, nothing really has changed on the face of it with that UEFA Statement.

The leagues have to be finished by 30th June. The SPFL could achieve this through two means:-

1. Null and Void

2. Call the league finished and use some method to declare Champions and all other places.

I think it is fairer to to it the Null and Void route, but I think the SPFL have the potential to come up with another method and basically force it through.

Only interesting thing is what would happen if a legal challenge was ongoing, against whatever option they tried to take (N&V or completed) which pushed the season beyond 30th June. I think that would risk the European places.

Number 2 will never happen, it's barely being discussed outside our country. No one even at the dominate liverpool has any appetite for that.

Null and void with whatever money is in place for league positions to be put in one kitty and shared equally to help out the clubs further down the leagues that’ll be hit the hardest due to lack of gate money. That’s the only fair outcome. No team has done enough to win the league and vice versa no team has played badly enough to be guaranteed the relegation spot. 

Just now, MacBoyd said:

Number 2 will never happen, it's barely being discussed outside our country. No one even at the dominate liverpool has any appetite for that.

You better let the Telegraph know, because they are reporting that Liverpool are expected to be crowned champions.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2020/03/13/liverpool-set-given-premier-league-title-amid-coronavirus-chaos/

It might not be being discussed outside of Scotland (it is) but it certainly is in Scotland.

Just now, The Dude said:

You better let the Telegraph know, because they are reporting that Liverpool are expected to be crowned champions.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2020/03/13/liverpool-set-given-premier-league-title-amid-coronavirus-chaos/

It might not be being discussed outside of Scotland (it is) but it certainly is in Scotland.

Liverpool at 3/4wins away tho. Far more achievable to get over the line

Archived