SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all knew this was coming, so this isn't a reaction to today's announcement, but this whole affair, from the vote of good Friday till now, has left me totally scunnered with Scottish football. I dont give a fuck about it. I honestly feel right now that if the whole fucking set up went bust I'd struggle to care. 

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

So it was unanimous then with us voting to curtail season? 

Don’t get that at all. Why would our board do such a thing?

Must be a reason? Maybe a promise of people standing down from SPFL administration 

Should be the end of the board, if they've agreed to hand the taigs the title then they don't deserve the support of the fans. Even if it was getting shoehorned through they didnt have to agree to it, they've done so for money and nothing else. 

Made my decision for me that I wont be renewing for this coming season, not giving £1500+ to a board who treat their fans with zero respect

Does anyone else think the board actually thought the new strip deal would soften the blow of this and that's why they made if public on Sunday? It was a very strange day to release the statement after all.

This needs to put a rocket up our footballing departments arse.

We give it everything next season. No shite signings, no being terrified of the pressure, no sticking to the same shite that doesn’t work. 

There is no time for a learning curve now. It needs to change fast.

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Fair enough but don't be so apathetic . There are millions of reasons , we are in this situation . It's not just because of players on a football pitch 

You’re right, it’s not just that, but if we hadn’t shat it, we would be champs right now. Listen the SPFL have been found out big time by everyone, and we will probably always be discredited as having an agenda or being bitter. Part of fixing this is that we need to be champs again to have the clout to remove the worsts from the SPFL. IMO

Just now, Swally said:

Does anyone else think the board actually thought the new strip deal would soften the blow of this and that's why they made if public on Sunday? It was a very strange day to release the statement after all.

Course it was, that's how much contempt they have for us a fan base they think we're all zipped up the back. 

4 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Well what we do supposedly know is that we unanimously agreed to today’s outcome, or didn’t we? 

We voted for, as published in last week's rags. If we hadn't, the club would be kicking up fuck.

Some just go into denial to be different.

12 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Read the SPFL statement. All 12 clubs agreed. The issue was never calling the season over. It was corporate governance.

Meeting today was simply a case of 'Is there any way to complete the SPL season ?' The answer was no so the SPFL used the rights given to them by last months vote (the dubious vote) to end the season. According to some the use of the word unanimous is incorrect and should read consensus.

The SPFL board then had a quick meeting (and presumably voted 8-1) to give scum the title and expel Hearts. 

1 minute ago, Swally said:

I guess it would have been worse to release it today or tomorrow, although it's still presumbaly something they could have held off with for a while (assuming there's no share issue with that)?

People going mad at our board for losing the league but don't mind when Gerrard lost to Hamilton at home.

At least this way we get to say their title was won by corruption rather than on the pitch which they would have won anyway by over 20 points.

Archived