SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SPFL are relying solely on one line of defense. That this a football matter and should be adjudicated by the SFA. Apart from that they have offered no defense to the Hearts/Thistle petition.  

Hearts/Thistle are arguing that this is about breaches of company law and as such only a court can hear it.

Should the judge side with Hearts/Thistle then I expect the SPFL to throw in the towel to avoid the exposure that would come with a trial. Putting my natural bias to one side I strongly feel that the judge will side with Hearts/Thistle  and decide to hear the case at a later date. But that is just my opinion.

48 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Just over an hour and a half to hopefully the start of the end of the corrupt SPFL.

If we kick off next season with the same league body and people ruining, I mean running, the game then it’s going to be grim.

Corruption can’t win.

Pay offs cannot be accepted in any form.

The corruption needs to be beaten and binned, nothing else. 

Let's hope justice will prevail

For those wishing to listen in

'''''''

(United Kingdom Toll) Dial +44-20-7660-8149.

Access code or meeting number: 137 992 1001

When prompted press #.

Although not physically attending court, those dialling in are subject to the same rules as if they were present in Court. Anyone failing to obey or respect the authority of the Court may be subject to Contempt of Court proceedings. In particular, those accessing a hearing:

·         must not record or store the proceedings

·         must not broadcast the proceedings

·         must not, during the course of a hearing, comment on the proceedings using live texted based communications (such as Twitter).

The Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service retain the copyright of live audio recordings of Court proceedings. Although you are welcome to listen to the proceedings, the re-use, capture, re-editing or redistribution of the material in any form is not permitted. You should be aware that any such use could attract liability for breach of copyright or defamation, in addition to the possibility of contempt of court proceedings.

Please follow the instructions below to dial-in to the hearing due to start at 11am.

(United Kingdom Toll) Dial +44-20-7660-8149.

Access code or meeting number: 137 992 1001

When prompted press #.

Once connected the line will remain silent until the hearing begins and then the sound will activate automatically. As participant arrangements require to be put in place, the hearing may not start immediately and your patience is appreciated. 

If spfl is really committed  to ensuring  the futures of all Scottish clubs then it would of course follow that any profits from these trials, supposedly at the Big Jock Kew camp and murrayfield would of course go to the fund that is supposed to keep small clubs afloat.

Goes without saying really , doesn't it ? :whistle:

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Been under way for a while now. So far just a QC for Dundee Und boring the pants off everyone.

Was just thinking the same...references to other cases, laws & acts im struggling to understand what hes on about :lol:

1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

No idea why people would bother listening in to this tbh. If you’re not interested in advocacy etc (or the underlying legal argument) then you’re not likely to be entertained.

I have an excuse lol, Myself and a few others are very interested in this at court. Civil cases are usually routine then all of a sudden we get 2 interesting ones at once!

1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

No idea why people would bother listening in to this tbh. If you’re not interested in advocacy etc (or the underlying legal argument) then you’re not likely to be entertained.

Advocacy holds no interest for me. I had no idea it could be so boring. However I want to listen so I can make my own mind up and not rely on newspaper snippets.

The SPFL trying to argue that the procedures and voting process are somehow “football matters” that should be referred to the SFA is actually embarrassing.

Its the conduct of you as a company you fucking melts.

Even the lawyers on their behalf must be saying “at least I am being paid” 😂

“Still time for arbitration but any shortage of time is due to Hearts/Jags delaying proceedings. After all, the vote was passed on 15 April...”

Lying bastard, Dundee voted NO, the vote failed.

Judge seems unimpressed based on his interruptions.

Looking forward to hearing the good guys.

31 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I was baffled by the judges rebuke to a QC by quoting St Johnstone 65 to show precedence. Googled it and found out that in 1965 St Johnstone took the SFA to court and won.

Depends on the relevance of the case tbh. Just because the background facts might be similar at a superficial level doesn’t mean there are relevant principles.

Archived