Kyle Lafferty

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to disagree with those of you that dont want Lafferty at the club. The thing that worries me most of all is Celtic getting him. If we fail to get him then ok but if Celtic get him i'll be annoyed.

He is a very difficult player to handle and is full of potential. He has pace, strength, aerial ability (6ft 4in), holds the ball up well and has scored some great goals for Norn iron.

Best of all though is he is still young and hungry, he is improving all the time and i think if he turns into the player a lot think he's capable of then he'll be worth a right few quid in the future. Get him Walter...

You have to laugh at the level of reporting there, using Weir as a makeweight, he's out of contract and can move there if he wants therefore rangers cant offer him to anyone as a makeweight.

I'm undecided on this one, the guy is still very young, and some of the goals i've seen him score are impressive. Although there havn't been a lot.

I would prefer a more skillful player, but who knows how good he could turn out to be. Thats the thing with most of Smith's signings, they are still in their early 20's.

You have to laugh at the level of reporting there, using Weir as a makeweight, he's out of contract and can move there if he wants therefore rangers cant offer him to anyone as a makeweight.

Spot on (tu) Thats what I was just about to say!!!

If we spend 5 million on him then I don't know........

We could have Angelos Heristeas, he's a similar player to Lafferty. The only difference is that he has played for bigger clubs, has a better goal to game ratio and he has won a major International tournament with Greece. Nuremberg payed 1.75 million to sign him, almost a third of what Lafferty would cost and they have been relegated since then too.

If we ant to take a gamble on a player who might do well then we could take a chance on Stefan Maierhofer. He averaged a goal in two when he was young and playing in Bayern Munich's reserve team. It didn't work out for him at the teams since then but he has scored 7 goals in his 11 games for Rapid Vienna since he joined them on loan.

He's 6'8 but he actually has very good technique too and I believe that he will be going to Euro 2008 in the Austrian Squad.

If he spends £5m on Lafferty then we're doomed.

Spend it on Larsson and McFadden at Birmingham.....wouldn't pay anymore than £2.5m on each of them and no more than £1m on Lafferty.

Is this the quality starters we were promised....Lafferty,Shittu and Miller............our whole transfer budget on nobodies.

Kyle Lafferty wants to move on from Burnley over the summer and claims he is 'not wanted' at Turf Moor.

The Northern Ireland international is a target for Old Firm duo Celtic and Rangers, while Wolves have also shown an interest.

The 20-year-old came through the ranks at Burnley, but believes it is now time to make the next step in his career.

"I've enjoyed my time at Burnley, learnt so much at the club, but I now feel it's time for me to move on," Lafferty told the Belfast Telegraph.

Fresh challenge

"I need a fresh challenge at my stage of my career.

"I've given my all to Burnley, but no player is going to stay where he is not wanted.

"It is imperative I make a move now as it would also help my international career."

Lafferty's comments come after Clarets boss Owen Coyle admitted on Tuesday that he would do his 'utmost' to keep the striker at the club.

Coyle told the Lancashire Telegraph: "You want to keep your best players at your football club and Kyle is one of those.

"I think he has got better and I think he can evolve and be better again.

"I don't speak about anything else anyone has done, but what I will say is we will do our utmost to make sure he remains at Burnley."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11788_3620587,00.html

Who does Laff support?

Am I take it I'm the only one thinking he'd be a decent player?

I think he's decent, but for 5 million you would expecting an outstanding player...........

What if he does a Hutton, value-wise?

What if we pay £5mil, he comes up here and scores 50 goals in 2 seasons and then we start gettin £9mil bids? There's as much chance of that happening as there is of it not happening in all honestly.

The lads only 20 years old.

Who does Laff support?

I think he's decent, but for 5 million you would expecting an outstanding player...........

What if we pay £5mil, he comes up here and scores 50 goals in 2 seasons and then we start gettin £9mil bids? There's as much chance of that happening as there is of it not happening in all honestly.

What if we spend £5million and he comes up and scores 3 goals?

No point thinking about what ifs. We gotta go on what we know, and we know that his scoring record is poor for a £5mil rated striker

Do you really think we'll pay £5mil for one player?

Who does Laff support?

No point thinking about what ifs. We gotta go on what we know, and we know that his scoring record is poor for a £5mil rated striker

If its this player, i bloody hope not!

I will be well and truly shocked if we spend that on ANY player.

I would prefer to see us strengthen the midfield with that £5mil though.

Who does Laff support?

We were supposedly willing to pay 6 or 7 million for that Italian striker in January, who chose Serie B instead.

OLD FIRM transfer target Kyle Lafferty today said he would jump at the chance to join Celtic or Rangers.

The £4m Northern Ireland cap wants to leave Burnley and would be happy to play in Glasgow.

Ibrox boss Walter Smith is thought to be lining up a second bid for the 6ft 5in 20-year-old.

Gordon Strachan failed with a bid of £3m plus Derek Riordan.

Wolves have also been linked, but the Old Firm are in pole position to snap him up with the offer of European football.

Lafferty said: "I understand Wolves and Rangers want to sign me and I would be thrilled to move to either club. I've heard Celtic will also be making a bid, but I don't think that move will ever materialise."

Lafferty, a lifelong Rangers fan, added: "It would be a dream to follow in Steven Davis' footsteps and play for a club I've supported since I was a boy.

"It's an honour, though, to be linked to a club with the proud history and stature of Celtic.

" I understand it will be the club who agrees the best deal with Burnley who gets my signature."

Walter Smith has already been handed an end-of-season boost with several key players insisting they are keen to remain on board next season.

Top scorer Kris Boyd says he is going nowhere despite spending most of the campaign on the bench, and Davis and Christian Dailly also hope to stay.

Smith revealed at the weekend he sees a bigger part for Boyd next season, and a one-year extension has already been discussed with Dailly.

Davis is back at Fulham after his successful loan spell but the London side are looked for around £3m. SportTimes understands Smith is reluctant to shell out such a fee, but Daniel Cousin could be used as part of the deal.

Boyd, who withdrew from the Scotland squad yesterday because of injury, said: "I am a Rangers man and I do want to fight on. It's one of these things. I have given my best and I will continue to do that.

"I'm happy with the 25 goals for Rangers this season but I would have liked to have played more and scored more."

Davis said: "It has been difficult for me to comment since I came here because it's down to Fulham and Rangers. If something can be sorted out then brilliant."

Dailly hopes to have agreed a new 12-month contract before he flies out to Prague with Scotland tomorrow.

If the deal can't be concluded by then - and the defender reports he and the club have approved it in principle - Dailly is confident it will be done next week.

He has settled at Ibrox since Rangers took the remaining six months of his contract from West Ham in January. Dailly said: "Nothing has been signed yet, but I expect to be here another year."

Kenny Miller's agent says there has been no contact from the Ibrox side about the striker.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...2301333.0.0.php

All positive points IMO.

Possibly the big striking partner than WS would like to pair Boyd with?